• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 5 - Seahawks at Saints - 10AM PST

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many NFL RB's in today's game don't get hurt?
none, which is why I think we should draft one every year in the later rounds (3rd at the earliest) and never resign them. ive been saying that for years.

uwdawgfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 35.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5.7m for 4.5 games doesnt sound like a good deal to me
You dont sign someone who comes into camp every year out of shape to a 5.7 million dollar contract......injuries are gonna happen. Let the Kenneth Walker era begin.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If MrS wants to talk about who was right i think i could thump my chest 100X more often than he could LMAO! But I don't.

Penny is Injury prone and what you said and were WRONG about is he was inconsistent on the field. WRONG! the only thing inconsistent about Penny is his Health.

If someone plays 10 games and goes for 4.2 ypc in 3, 5.0 ypc in 3 and over 6 ypc in 2 and 3 ypc in 1 then i would say that person is consistent even if in that time span other players have played 20 games.

You want to change what you said that Penny was a crap RB and sucked? or you want to change to "He is only crap because he is injured" MrS.?

Penny was a cheap resign for his production and effective when on the field. Problem is NO ONE ON THIS BOARD wanted Penny MrS 99.9% wanted Chubb if we drafted a RB you are not some lone ranger LMAO

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think MrS wants a Big 6 foot 240 pound thumper type back but thats not going to happen very often now because those type kids are switched to linebacker now as college teams want Faster more agile running backs for the colleges pass happy schemes. Not to mention Those Kids don't want to go to the NFL and only play for 4 to 5 years because a RB's life Expectancy in the NFL is so short.

Penny was consistently good
games
1) 5.0 YPC
2) 2.5 YPC
3) 4.7 YPC
4) 8.9 YPC
5) 6.8 YPC

4 out of 5 games he had a 4.7 YPC average OR HIGHER lol that's pretty fucking consistent to me. His worst game was against the #2 rush defense in the NFL OH NO!

Last edited:

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what ive always said about penny is that he is finesse, soft and weak. he reminds me a lot of shaun alexander and he would be fine behind a really good run blocking OL. he is a threat if he goes untouched, but the guy isnt a tackle breaker and he isnt going to run anyone over like lynch and carson did. he goes down too easy and his legs go dead on contact. that was the criticism of him before he was drafted and you could see it in his college tape.

just look at the last game. 8 for 54 long of 32 (untouched). so his other runs were 7 for 22. not impressive, and even less impressive when you watch the runs.
he is the antithesis of everything this team supposedly wants in a running back, he was so obviously the wrong pick when chubb was on the board.

they should NEVER draft a RB round 1, likely never in round 2 unless a true stud falls. draft one every year round 3 or later and never resign them. they are disposable.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Chubb's is a better Yards After Contact guy? Let me tell you something that might make you say "Boy i'm not as smart as I believed" Chubb's averages 3.8 yards BEFORE contact. Penny is 34th in the league for yards before Contact.

When looking at weeks 1-5 at all the running backs with at least 30 total attempts ( that's only 6 a game ) Once again Penny leads the NFL in Yards after contact, Just like last year. What you are meaning to say is "I don't like how Penny is 225+ pounds and only hits a guy then falls over". Penny was NEVER a thumper he never was but he was big enough to run through trash and arm tackles. So I guess you also Hated Barry sanders he wasn't a thumper either.

Like I said and thank you for admitting it you want a 6 foot Plus 240 pound thumper, you know the type of running back that gets 3 to 4 yards in a cloud of dust and have a career as long as a flies life span. Thumpers are nice but I would take a 100% healthy Penny that could stay healthy all season ( wish he could ) over a thumper any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It really comes down to one thing. You hate Penny and are blinded by that hate with EXTREME Bias and CHEERED when he got hurt. All because he is injury prone and not because of his consistent production. It really is that simple and it's as easy to see in your post that this is what you actually mean.

what ive always said about penny is that he is finesse, soft and weak. he reminds me a lot of shaun alexander and he would be fine behind a really good run blocking OL. he is a threat if he goes untouched, but the guy isnt a tackle breaker and he isnt going to run anyone over like lynch and carson did. he goes down too easy and his legs go dead on contact. that was the criticism of him before he was drafted and you could see it in his college tape.

just look at the last game. 8 for 54 long of 32 (untouched). so his other runs were 7 for 22. not impressive, and even less impressive when you watch the runs.
he is the antithesis of everything this team supposedly wants in a running back, he was so obviously the wrong pick when chubb was on the board.

they should NEVER draft a RB round 1, likely never in round 2 unless a true stud falls. draft one every year round 3 or later and never resign them. they are disposable.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny because you say stuff like the Numbers are a lie or they dont tell the whole story yet it's been happening EVERY year with Penny so either he pulled off the Biggest lie in NFL history for production and was the luckiest running back alive or you are to clouded by Hate to see the truth? I think we all know which one it is MrS

Did Penny steal your Puppy or something?

I feel bad for Penny Just like I felt bad for Prosise. It sucks to have a game changer on your team and they can't stay healthy at all JUST LIKE Harvin. It's sad that Penny's LAST season with the Hawks had to end like it did. We all know he wont be back, we expected it if he got hurt again and accept it because you cant count on him to be healthy. That hurts the team. But the boy could play and play well when health and getting involved with the play calling not just 3 to 10 token runs.

Carson was a pounder and look at how his career ended. He was also injury prone. Most pounders are.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you think Chubb's is a better Yards After Contact guy? Let me tell you something that might make you say "Boy i'm not as smart as I believed" Chubb's averages 3.8 yards BEFORE contact. Penny is 34th in the league for yards before Contact.

When looking at weeks 1-5 at all the running backs with at least 30 total attempts ( that's only 6 a game ) Once again Penny leads the NFL in Yards after contact, Just like last year. What you are meaning to say is "I don't like how Penny is 225+ pounds and only hits a guy then falls over". Penny was NEVER a thumper he never was but he was big enough to run through trash and arm tackles. So I guess you also Hated Barry sanders he wasn't a thumper either.

Like I said and thank you for admitting it you want a 6 foot Plus 240 pound thumper, you know the type of running back that gets 3 to 4 yards in a cloud of dust and have a career as long as a flies life span. Thumpers are nice but I would take a 100% healthy Penny that could stay healthy all season ( wish he could ) over a thumper any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It really comes down to one thing. You hate Penny and are blinded by that hate with EXTREME Bias and CHEERED when he got hurt. All because he is injury prone and not because of his consistent production. It really is that simple and it's as easy to see in your post that this is what you actually mean.
here is a better stat for you:
broken tackles.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who could have foreseen the guy who has been hurt 90% of his career would get hurt again?!?
INCONCEIVABLE!
90% is a ridiculous exaggeration, but I doubt anyone here is surprised about that from you. He has had durability problems for sure, which is why his '22 contract was a very team-friendly deal. Low risk for the team, which was my point. Who are the zero risk players out there to sign?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was team friendly in the sense that theres no dead cap money. Maybe we could have used that 5.7 somewhere else? Defense?

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was team friendly in the sense that theres no dead cap money. Maybe we could have used that 5.7 somewhere else? Defense?
So you don't sign Penny back, ok then who replaces him?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody, because we are where we would be if we hadn't signed him. Walker, dallas, homer, those are our backs.