• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12: New Orleans Saints at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am glad that is over. Hopefully no major injuries. We will find out more on them sometime next week. I think the injuried players will still go in for treatment, so we might hear something tomorrow.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it has been asked, but I am going to ask again. Can anyone please explain to me why the league fucked the Broncos out of a bye week earlier in the season so that they could accommodate the Patriots #1 QB not being available, but didn't see fit to delay this game after determining all 4 QBs on the Broncos roster were ineligible to play?

Inquiring minds want to know.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it has been asked, but I am going to ask again. Can anyone please explain to me why the league fucked the Broncos out of a bye week earlier in the season so that they could accommodate the Patriots #1 QB not being available, but didn't see fit to delay this game after determining all 4 QBs on the Broncos roster were ineligible to play?

I don't think we will get that answer, but it seems like the league sure did take a shot at the Broncos, and I am not sure why. Have the Broncos done something that the league doesn't like? Is it the on going ownership issues?

I don't know what the answer is, but the players did not deserve to be put in the position they were today.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys lets be honest. We never had a shot at this game.... Go Team!

I took nothing from this game. The D fought but when you know you can't win, you really are just playing for stats.

Demarcus Walker had a nice game.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Actually I feel strongly that the league taking away all these picks, picks should feel guilty enough to add an additional first round pick for the Broncos!

anyone disagree?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we will get that answer, but it seems like the league sure did take a shot at the Broncos, and I am not sure why. Have the Broncos done something that the league doesn't like? Is it the on going ownership issues?

I don't know what the answer is, but the players did not deserve to be put in the position they were today.

Honestly, I have no problem with what the league did. We are in a pandemic. I know the video surfaced with them wearing a mask, but they had to remove them to eat. Not trying to be a drama queen here, but people are dying. I know we have those people who will say 98% chance you live if you get covid. I had a classmate/friend die at 37 a few weeks ago whom was in perfect health, my parents best friend died last week from it, my cousins husband died from it. It is happening. We all know people by now that it has cost them their life. Best to be safe and control the little things that we can to be safe. This is really nobody's fault. I don't think the league is out to get us and I don't fault any of the QB's for this happening. You can only do so much... Seems like this stuff always happens to us and not the Chiefs though. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually I feel strongly that the league taking away all these picks, picks should feel guilty enough to add an additional first round pick for the Broncos!

anyone disagree?

At the start of the first round, right?

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys lets be honest. We never had a shot at this game.... Go Team!

I took nothing from this game. The D fought but when you know you can't win, you really are just playing for stats.

Demarcus Walker had a nice game.
You mean we had no chance AFTER all our QBs were disqualified.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I have no problem with what the league did. We are in a pandemic. I know the video surfaced with them wearing a mask, but they had to remove them to eat. Not trying to be a drama queen here, but people are dying. I know we have those people who will say 98% chance you live if you get covid. I had a classmate/friend die at 37 a few weeks ago whom was in perfect health, my parents best friend died last week from it, my cousins husband died from it. It is happening. We all know people by now that it has cost them their life. Best to be safe and control the little things that we can to be safe. This is really nobody's fault. I don't think the league is out to get us and I don't fault any of the QB's for this happening. You can only do so much... Seems like this stuff always happens to us and not the Chiefs though. ;)
The fact the league took the steps against our QBs is not what I have an issue with. It was the lack of co-operation from the league. Had they moved the game to Monday or Tuesday I am good. If the QBs still can’t play then so be it. I didn’t like forcing us to play without the QBs without any effort to allow the Broncos to compete.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact the league took the steps against our QBs is not what I have an issue with. It was the lack of co-operation from the league. Had they moved the game to Monday or Tuesday I am good. If the QBs still can’t play then so be it. I didn’t like forcing us to play without the QBs without any effort to allow the Broncos to compete.

This is what my gripe is. Take action, sure. But be reasonable about the quality of competition and don't doom a team to a loss because you've stripped them the day before a game of all their QBs. Especially when you already stripped them of their bye to accommodate another team when they were missing only 1 QB. Fuck the NFL. There is a reason their ratings are dropping and I hope the league continues to decline.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Bronco's history and for that it was fun for me - until I turned it off in the middle of the 3rd Quarter. The defense played well for the most part.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the 2nd violation for Denver. Maybe if this was the first violation. The league can't continue to move games cause teams can't follow the rules.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was Bronco's history and for that it was fun for me - until I turned it off in the middle of the 3rd Quarter. The defense played well for the most part.

I give Demarcus Walker player of the game.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honorable mention for Bassey with the pick that lead to the FG?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honorable mention for Bassey with the pick that lead to the FG?

Yes- He was the other guy I was going to mention. Chubb and AJ Johnson also played well. No complaints from the D really Other then the long Murray run. The offense we can't even really say anything about. It just wasn't fair, it is what it is.

Nice to see Walker do well. I think people often forget how well he was doing last year before his injury. I would like to see us re-sign him to a 2 year contract assuming someone doesn't offer him more. A good guy to have in the rotation. Dre'Mont Jones is still the guy I have huge expectations from as a reliable, solid starter by next year.

Shelby Harris will be interesting. He deserves a contract. We have a lot on our plate this offseason. I sure hope Harris returns this week.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yo Jess! Let's get the Chiefs thread going. I am off work this week. Nothing to do but stay at home and post here. ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dre'Mont played very well - he's showing he owns a spot next year.