• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 12: New Orleans Saints at Denver Broncos

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting match up, especially with Taysom Hill being the starting QB from the Saints. Denver played well enough against the Dolphins to provide some hope that maybe they are turning the corner. Too many turnovers still, but they found a way to win. The Broncos Defense will be have it's hands full with Kamara, Thomas and Hill, but if the offense can continue to move the ball and score some points it will help the defense and limit the Saints opportunities. On paper the Saints are the more talented team, but that doesn't ensure a win. The Saints have come to Denver and struggled. Saints are currently a 6 point favorite.

To me the biggest thing I want to see is continued consistency from the offense, and good defense. I am hoping to not see regression, or becoming a turnover factory again.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another interesting match up, especially with Taysom Hill being the starting QB from the Saints. Denver played well enough against the Dolphins to provide some hope that maybe they are turning the corner. Too many turnovers still, but they found a way to win. The Broncos Defense will be have it's hands full with Kamara, Thomas and Hill, but if the offense can continue to move the ball and score some points it will help the defense and limit the Saints opportunities. On paper the Saints are the more talented team, but that doesn't ensure a win. The Saints have come to Denver and struggled. Saints are currently a 6 point favorite.

To me the biggest thing I want to see is continued consistency from the offense, and good defense. I am hoping to not see regression, or becoming a turnover factory again.
Dude, let this one cool off for a minute, lol. We WON.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep the momentum going. :D

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're going to beat them, minus Brees is the way to go.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud of this team. They have dealt with a lot of adversity this year and it has showed in some unsightly losses. But they aren't rolling over for anyone. If nothing else maybe they establish an identity as a tough team in 2020 and can build on that in 2021.

I refuse to join the crowd who wants this team made over again. I think we stay the course no matter what happens the rest of the way in 2020. There's no way we can actually expect any forward progress if we're hitting reset every year or two. Let's chalk up this year as another transitional season (which is regrettable because that's what last year was) and hope this team can work on creating an identity for the future.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Proud of this team. They have dealt with a lot of adversity this year and it has showed in some unsightly losses. But they aren't rolling over for anyone. If nothing else maybe they establish an identity as a tough team in 2020 and can build on that in 2021.

I refuse to join the crowd who wants this team made over again. I think we stay the course no matter what happens the rest of the way in 2020. There's no way we can actually expect any forward progress if we're hitting reset every year or two. Let's chalk up this year as another transitional season (which is regrettable because that's what last year was) and hope this team can work on creating an identity for the future.
I agree, but remember this offense doesn't have veteran leadership. That was supposed to be Courtland Sutton, and it just didn't work out this year. Can you imagine what Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler will be in 2021? Lock will truly have tools to work with to be successful. He has a talented WR group, but they are gaining the experience now to be able to step up a bit more next year. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Albert O.. That is some serious weapons. Not sure the are equal to Kansas city, but that group has the potential to be really special.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree and think this year needs to be given a "pass", but the team DID quit against Tampa and they DID quit against the Raiders.

I felt good about the game yesterday and am glad they didn't quit after the early interception and the 2 back-breaking penalties on our TD drive.

If we can play tough in our remaining games and at least be a tough out, I'll stand behind what we have on the field.

If guys pack it in and quit on the team, then I got no use for them or management.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but remember this offense doesn't have veteran leadership. That was supposed to be Courtland Sutton, and it just didn't work out this year. Can you imagine what Sutton, Jeudy, and Hamler will be in 2021? Lock will truly have tools to work with to be successful. He has a talented WR group, but they are gaining the experience now to be able to step up a bit more next year. Sutton, Jeudy, Hamler, Fant, Albert O.. That is some serious weapons. Not sure the are equal to Kansas city, but that group has the potential to be really special.

This is exactly one of the reasons I don't want to see them go back to the drawing board. Stay the course because they have some vet leadership waiting in the wings. Maybe by the end of this year even Lock will be coming of age to the degree he can take the next step as a leader too.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree and think this year needs to be given a "pass", but the team DID quit against Tampa and they DID quit against the Raiders.

I felt good about the game yesterday and am glad they didn't quit after the early interception and the 2 back-breaking penalties on our TD drive.

If we can play tough in our remaining games and at least be a tough out, I'll stand behind what we have on the field.

If guys pack it in and quit on the team, then I got no use for them or management.

I agree. When the team phones it in that's tough to watch. I can handle watching a team that plays to win even when they're not. There are 6 more games to go and some of them look pretty tough. It'll be revealing how this team responds to being eliminated from the playoffs (if they reach that point sooner instead of later) and how they take the field once that 8th or 9th loss comes.

Hopefully we don't have to find out!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to reel off a nice win streak. This team is capable of that.

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Super Bowl Bound!!!
You Got It Finger Guns GIF by Microsoft Surface

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sean Payton is a damn good coach. He'll have his players ready to go and Taysom Hill doesn't seem like the game is too big for him. I was pretty impressed with the Saints defense last week. If Lock and company can move the ball successfully next Sunday, that will be a great accomplishment for this young team. That defense had Matty Ice on the run all day.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Rodgers cut, Bellamy off IR. I think Jake Rodgers deserves an active roster spot over Calvin Anderson as he seems to be further along and dependable. Elway keeps hanging onto Anderson but the guy hardly sees the field unless he is our last resort.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jake Rodgers cut, Bellamy off IR. I think Jake Rodgers deserves an active roster spot over Calvin Anderson as he seems to be further along and dependable. Elway keeps hanging onto Anderson but the guy hardly sees the field unless he is our last resort.
Yeah - it's like Anderson is a backup QB or something. But, if they can make Bolles into an all pro player - you have to think there is more magic in the bottle somewhere.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another player and 2 staff members test positive for today. I have not found the player yet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one concerned that Shelby Harris has now been on the covid list for 4 weeks?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am I the only one concerned that Shelby Harris has now been on the covid list for 4 weeks?
I didn't realize that. Best to him. DeShaun Williams is providing a bigger impact.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe he started as a close contact and then tested positive. The first week was close contact? The last 3 I think were due to COVID. I believe he is clear now, but is getting back into shape.