• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Bears vs Steelers

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a pin head I am....

giphy.gif
Edited for the truth

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON. We have a running back who runs thru the holes that the offensive line opens.?

Payton

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats but Glennon sucks. They need to start Trubisky sooner than later.

Yeah, if we are afraid to pass the ball (Which it almost seems certain that we are), we have to ask ourselves why... Glennon, once again, did not look good. To be fair, there were 1 or 2 good throws he made that were dropped. Marcus Wheaton has freaking toaster hands...

That said, it would be kinda neat to see how much further of a leap this offense could make if we were any threat at all to pass the ball, or at least if the QB were a threat to run?

I think the clock on Glennon is just about at midnight. IMO they'll let him start the next two, and then our murderers row schedule is over and we get back to matchups that look MUCH better on paper... Now, if Glennon plays well in the next two? Maybe give him a third and a fourth or what have you, but I think the writing is on the wall. We WILL see Trubisky start this season.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd honestly throw Trubisky out there and see how he does....in game action can't be simulated and if he has 1-2 bad games.....big deal. If he has a high football IQ he'll learn from those mistakes......and by week 6-8 start to show his real potential......it isn't like the Bears are going anywhere this season.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, if we are afraid to pass the ball (Which it almost seems certain that we are), we have to ask ourselves why... Glennon, once again, did not look good. To be fair, there were 1 or 2 good throws he made that were dropped. Marcus Wheaton has freaking toaster hands...

That said, it would be kinda neat to see how much further of a leap this offense could make if we were any threat at all to pass the ball, or at least if the QB were a threat to run?

I think the clock on Glennon is just about at midnight. IMO they'll let him start the next two, and then our murderers row schedule is over and we get back to matchups that look MUCH better on paper... Now, if Glennon plays well in the next two? Maybe give him a third and a fourth or what have you, but I think the writing is on the wall. We WILL see Trubisky start this season.

I think barring an out of nowhere good performance from Glennon on Thursday, Trubisky gets the long week to prep for his debut on MNF vs Minnesota in week 5.

It's possible that the only reason he isn't starting vs GB, is because of the short week.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the quality of Howard's runs, not the stats. His yards come from big holes opened up by the OLine. Tarik on the other hand doesn't need big holes to make yards. I take the latter all day long.

Well, we will just have to wait and see. My main problem with Howard is, he doesn't really break tackles. He takes a hit, then falls for 2 yards. Thunder rarely works in the NFL (of course there are rare exceptions but Howard is not one of them). You're just not going to find a thunder in the NFL that breaks tackles left and right. You need to make guys miss, and Howard can't do that.

I'm just going to leave this here, and then maybe you can tell me how it feels to get completely body-bagged.

Refocused: Chicago Bears 23, Pittsburgh Steelers 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Howard bounced back in a massive way in this game. He rushed for 138 yards on 22 carries, including 65 of them coming after contact. He added two touchdowns, including the game-winner, and also forced a ridiculous 10 missed tackles.

You're getting that sinking feeling in your stomach, aren't you? Good... take it in, you dope. Take it deep.

Body-bagged

@beardown07 Let's see how this moron tries to spin this. I can't wait. :lol:

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Railing against Howard after going 23 carries for 138 (6 YPC) and 2 TD's, including the GW TD. Is like railing against a baseball player after going 3 for 5 for 2 HR's and the walk-off, because "those two outs were really poor at-bats".

Just give it up dude... Howard won the day. By a land-slide.
Did the resident dumbass even watch the game? You only have to look at the play with around 4:22 seconds left in the 2nd quarter to see how good a back Howard is, even with a bad shoulder the man wouldn’t go down and picked up the first down.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the resident dumbass even watch the game? You only have to look at the play with around 4:22 seconds left in the 2nd quarter to see how good a back Howard is, even with a bad shoulder the man wouldn’t go down and picked up the first down.

Exactly. I was just re-watching some extended highlights today. All you see is Howard breaking tackles and making guys miss. lol. Which is why I decided to look deeper into things, and found those numbers.

It's made a certain obnoxious somebody turn more quiet than a church mouse.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just going to leave this here, and then maybe you can tell me how it feels to get completely body-bagged.

Refocused: Chicago Bears 23, Pittsburgh Steelers 17 | NFL Analysis | Pro Football Focus

Howard bounced back in a massive way in this game. He rushed for 138 yards on 22 carries, including 65 of them coming after contact. He added two touchdowns, including the game-winner, and also forced a ridiculous 10 missed tackles.

You're getting that sinking feeling in your stomach, aren't you? Good... take it in, you dope. Take it deep.

Body-bagged

@beardown07 Let's see how this moron tries to spin this. I can't wait. :lol:

LOFL at Howard "not really breaking tackles". What a fucking maroon. "Breaking Tackles", is what anyone with functioning eyes and firing synapses would probably use to first describe Howard, not rail against him.

Howard is a stud. Franchise player, who happens to be humble, grateful and a fucking stud. Kid is everything Chicago should want in a player. Any fan with any semblance of love or loyalty to the team, would be all-in on this kid.

Cocksuckers, looking for attention or just straight-up Packer-Alts, are the only faggots rooting against him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOFL at Howard "not really breaking tackles". What a fucking maroon. "Breaking Tackles", is what anyone with functioning eyes and firing synapses would probably use to first describe Howard, not rail against him.

Howard is a stud. Franchise player, who happens to be humble, grateful and a fucking stud. Kid is everything Chicago should want in a player. Any fan with any semblance of love or loyalty to the team, would be all-in on this kid.

Cocksuckers, looking for attention or just straight-up Packer-Alts, are the only faggots rooting against him.

I worry about him having a sprained AC joint, with there still being 13 games left in the season though.

I was reading about his injury today, and they're saying rest won't even help. The only thing that can fix it is surgery. He isn't at risk to hurt it anymore either. It's just a matter of how long he can withstand the pain. I admire him for gutting that out Sunday, but can that be an EVERY week ordeal? I don't know.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I worry about him having a sprained AC joint, with there still being 13 games left in the season though.

I was reading about his injury today, and they're saying rest won't even help. The only thing that can fix it is surgery. He isn't at risk to hurt it anymore either. It's just a matter of how long he can withstand the pain. I admire him for gutting that out Sunday, but can that be an EVERY week ordeal? I don't know.

Whether he does or not, takes nothing away from what he is as a player, but ya it's worrisome, when right now, he and Cohen are all we have on offense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether he does or not, takes nothing away from what he is as a player, but ya it's worrisome, when right now, he and Cohen are all we have on offense.

If anything, I think gutting through that injury is another notch under his belt as a player. It certainly takes nothing away from him. I would never suggest that. I was simply expressing concern. I don't know how you can keep burying your shoulder into a defender, when you're experiencing that kind of pain.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Body-bagged

@BsGenius

No thoughts on the matter here?

Funny how you have continued to reply to other topics. However, seemingly out of nowhere... you have ceased your interactions on the matter of Jordan Howard.

Hmm... I wonder why.

:pound::pound::pound:

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread in honor of Noonthirtyjoe.

If there is a question of "who starts it" more, look no further than this thread. I make a prediction and i get attacked. A prediction btw that's right on the money. I mean come on. I'm just too good.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bumping this thread in honor of Noonthirtyjoe.

If there is a question of "who starts it" more, look no further than this thread. I make a prediction and i get attacked. A prediction btw that's right on the money. I mean come on. I'm just too good.

Bro....

000623_A.jpg