• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 3: Bears vs Steelers

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen most other boards starting their game-threads during the week. Seems like a good way to keep the chatter flowing about the upcoming game, right on into the actual action on Sundays. Might as well give it a shot, eh?

Well, starting with the obvious... This is a game that most everyone feels we should lose.

Given the catastrophe that Sunday was... that's more than fair. Aside from looking like hell, we lost Kwiatkoski for the year. We also lost Sitton and Compton, but there's no real word on the severity of their injuries. Sitton had a rib thing, but it didn't seem all that serious *knock on wood*. On a positive note, we should be getting Kyle Long back and Markus Wheaton into the action. God knows that even a competent WR emerging for us would be a minor-miracle right now.

Howard also left the field in a sling, but says he's fine. Truth be told, if he's playing hurt... I'd just assume him take a week or two off.

I really just want to see the team fight back and play with some pride this week. Play with some damn emotion on your home field, and give fans a reason to care (at all) about you this year.

Pittsburgh is a really rough road team. Probably sees the biggest discrepancy of any team in the league, between their home and away performance. We seemed to play tough at home in week 1, I think we may be able to make this a tightly contested affair once again.

We just really can't turn the f'ing ball over. When you have a career backup quarterbacking your team with no WR's, and your entire approach is "run the ball, control the ball and play defense". When you turn it over 4 times in the first half, shit's gonna spiral. Especially when one is a pick six, one is inside your own 10 and the other is inside your own 30.

I mean, check out these numbers. They were the same at half, if you saw the graphic posted. Yardage, efficiency and first downs were virtually even. We just played the ugliest f'ing game... well... probably since TB last year.

Total Yards: Bears 310 Bucs 311
Total 1st Downs: Bears 19 Bucs 22
Average yards per play: Bears 5.0 Bucs 4.6
3rd downs: Bears 7/14 Bucs 8/15

Turnovers: Bears 4 Bucs 1
Points Off of Those Turnovers: Bears 0 Bucs 23

Bears have to dig deep and find a way to make this interesting Sunday. Don't they have to be getting sick of this shit? Coach being called out, QB being called out, front office being called out, hell... everyone is being called out. Quit playing dead.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I predict Howard will suck again and everyone will jump to his defense w lame excuses again.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team that played against Tampa is the team I expected to see this year. I expect another terd on Sunday.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Excuses" he says... as in dismissing and discrediting a touchdown out of the wild-cat. It's a "trick play"!

:lol:

Sportingnews.com:

"Trick plays are more often seen at the college level because NFL defenses are very sophisticated and not often fooled by trick plays. Some teams, however, use trick plays as part of their standard offensive package. The Miami Dolphins, for example, have a "wild cat" option where a running back with receive the snap from center and pass the ball to receivers, including the quarterback who runs out on a pattern."

Suntimes:

"Bears’ Jordan Howard scores on trick, later drops likely game-winner"

Wikipedia:

"A trick play is a play in American football that uses deception and unorthodox tactics to fool the opposing team"

Only in richi's mind is Tarik Cohen taking a shotgun snap and handing it off to Howard while Glennon plays WR is this orthodox. The world on the other hand thinks otherwise.

Just because they have a name for this trick play (and because you knew the name of this trick play) doesn't mean it's not a trick play. It's like seeing a flea flicker and saying, "that's not a trick play, that's a flea flicker!"

End of thread.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sportingnews.com:

"Trick plays are more often seen at the college level because NFL defenses are very sophisticated and not often fooled by trick plays. Some teams, however, use trick plays as part of their standard offensive package. The Miami Dolphins, for example, have a "wild cat" option where a running back with receive the snap from center and pass the ball to receivers, including the quarterback who runs out on a pattern."

Suntimes:

"Bears’ Jordan Howard scores on trick, later drops likely game-winner"

Wikipedia:

"A trick play is a play in American football that uses deception and unorthodox tactics to fool the opposing team"

Only in richi's mind is Tarik Cohen taking a shotgun snap and handing it off to Howard while Glennon plays WR is this orthodox. The world on the other hand thinks otherwise.

Just because they have a name for this trick play (and because you knew the name of this trick play) doesn't mean it's not a trick play. It's like seeing a flea flicker and saying, "that's not a trick play, that's a flea flicker!"

End of thread.
I don't think he's saying it's not a trick play, but that you used that as an excuse for it being successful, ya big dummy.

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dare I say it’s a pivotal game ?

leomaz2

Bearsologist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess all “ play action “ passes are trick plays because the art of deception is part of the play.....

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's saying it's not a trick play, but that you used that as an excuse for it being successful, ya big dummy.

Yes he is. This is an extension of the argument we were having in the other thread you retard.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess all “ play action “ passes are trick plays because the art of deception is part of the play.....

Do all the idiots in here have no idea what the word unorthodox means? I swear we have the dumbest fans. So u think that play wasn't a trick play? Come out and say it then.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

Do you think that because it is a trick play it takes away from Howard's execution of said play?

Why did i even bother asking you. Nevermind retard. Having a constructive conversation with a monkey isn't very constructive. Back to your sesame street thread groupie.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did i even bother asking you. Nevermind retard. Having a constructive conversation with a monkey isn't very constructive. Back to your sesame street thread groupie.

hahahah...goddamn you look stupid af again, so you better tuck tail and run. BWAHAHAHAHAHA

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
069.jpg