• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

We might be starting two rookies at Tackle

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely not good news going into a game against JJ Watt.

Breno Giacomini might be out with a sore knee. He didn't practice today. Losing him and Okung at the same time might make it open season on RW. At least we run a lot so that will help and Wilson is good at scrambling when he has too. Still, Watt will be licking his lips at the thought of facing two rookies on the outside.

Seattle Seahawks may start two backup tackles at Houston Texans - ESPN

Last edited by a moderator:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm not liking that news either.

Come on Breno. We need you Sunday

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could have sworn I posted in this thread already. Oh well.

Anyway, I don't like that we're gonna be missing both of our starting tackles, but I believe that McQuistan is starting at left tackle, so at least we won't have to worry about starting two rookies on the offensive line. I'm sure they'll both play though. It'll be a valuable learning experience to have to go up against Watt. Hopefully they get help from the tight ends and backs whenever possible, so they don't have to try to do it all by themselves.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is definitely not good news going into a game against JJ Watt.

Breno Giacomini might be out with a sore knee. He didn't practice today. Losing him and Okung at the same time might make it open season on RW. At least we run a lot so that will help and Wilson is good at scrambling when he has too. Still, Watt will be licking his lips at the thought of facing two rookies on the outside.

Seattle Seahawks may start two backup tackles at Houston Texans - ESPN

I'm in the minority on this but I hope they start the killer B's. I am not at all a fan of McQ and hope PC
makes an early move to Alvin Bailey. I've liked Bailey from jumpstreet and am surprised he was a free agent.
He never played tackle at Arkansas but shows nice feet, has long arms to get into a DE and move em. He's strong. With Okung being out longer than 1 game, Bailey will take over so why not now?

As far as Bowie, he's more experienced at tackle as i believe he played at Okungs vacated spot at OSU.
I like Bailey more but it's developmental time with trial by fire.

This is Brenos last season as our RT and healthy,
it'd be 2-3 holding calls. This will force Cable and Bevell
to put together a tight game plan while developing bnb.

This is the genius of Pete & John in a game often based on attrition.
Bring in an undrafted free agent guard and have
him play against one of the best D's in the NFL. Then start a 7th rdr
against the best defensive player in the NFL. I'm sure McQ will
start, much to my dismay, but it won't be long until AB is given
the Job.

This will give us the screens and rollouts we need to have ball control.

Our D and ST are the deciding factors in this battle as
our O will benefit from the field position garnered by those units.

This will be the genius of p n j.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you buy into Cable's hype, those rookies look really good. And I REALLY want to buy into it. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see. Its good that they got a good chunk of playing time last week against Jax. But going up against Watts and Cushing will be baptism by fire

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 TE sets ... Prepare for it...

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 TE sets ... Prepare for it...

yep, that's what I'm expecting as well... also prepare for a low scoring game. I just have a feeling our defense (which is completely capable of winning us any game) and special teams will need to really step up for us to win this game.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Which strategy do you like better: blocking a great pass rushing DE with the help of a TE or with the help of a RB or FB? I like using a RB or FB for help more because he can be a few yards back and have a little bit of a head start on a pass rushing DE.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like we could be without Unger too. This is where Tom Cable makes his money I guess. Its hard to envision us not struggling a little though with 3/5 or O line missing against a good D-line especially since they haven't been super strong to begin with. Hope Im wrong though

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whats wrong with Unger?????? omg.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like even if we are missing 3/5 OL, other units on this team will step up and control the game. Schaub is an ok QB, but it seems like the guy folds against strong competition and theres no doubt this is the best D he will play all year.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries happen.

This is why Carroll has put such emphasis on surrounding himself with quality coaches and building depth.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which strategy do you like better: blocking a great pass rushing DE with the help of a TE or with the help of a RB or FB? I like using a RB or FB for help more because he can be a few yards back and have a little bit of a head start on a pass rushing DE.

Were gonna have to do both on Sunday... Max protect ... Definite ball control day if were missing 3 starters on our line... But hey Cable has bragged about these young guy's so let's see if they can play... We might be pleasantly surprised... fingers crossed... As far as which one I like best I think it's all situational and both work so I can see us mixing that up...

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max Unger, Breno Giacomini doubtul to play against Houston | ProFootballTalk

What if we win despite missing three starters on the offensive line on the road against a solid team? The media might start to believe in the Seahawks but I doubt it lol we can get this done it's just going to be a different gameplan.

We win this .....the media heads will fall all over themselves calling us a great team. Screw those idiots, we know the Seahawks are good, we don't need the talking heads to confirm it.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were a rookie offensive line a couple years ago and they played above average, surprised the hell out of us. Through great coaching and game-planning it worked. I have confidence we will play well. If we are able to even split this road stint and go 1-1, I feel we are in excellent shape at 5-1. Indy is going to be rough.