• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I swear there is more crying and whining and personal BS than basketball talk on this forum.

I am sure my Warriors posts, just as my Lakers posts and Heat posts will subject me to personal attacks that I will defend- but i start and end with basketball- and apparently that hurts peoples feelings so they lash out.

Feel free to leave.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what i said in my response is that the Spurs continued to develop/trade for young talent that they did a great job developing.

You certainly cannot say the same about the Warriors the last few years.

The Spurs had guys like Kawhi, etc. start to take lead roles. I havent seen anything like that from the Warriors.

I mean- i gueess they just did pay Russell 25M a year to TRY and do that- but we shall see.

The Spurs did that over the course of 20 years. The Warriors have been a top team for what? 5 years?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a pretty good shot at top 3 yes. CitySushi has spelled that out pretty well.
Such a tough call. IF they went all out for the highest seed possible and he stayed healthy (which is certainly no lock) I'd say he has a shot because of the load he'd need to carry.

Just not sure they will nor that he stays healthy.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Such a tough call. IF they went all out for the highest seed possible and he stayed healthy (which is certainly no lock) I'd say he has a shot because of the load he'd need to carry.

Just not sure they will nor that he stays healthy.
That's why we watch

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[
OK, so here's my response, and my mind is open. The bolded above is not at all difficult for most to understand implicitly. If Wamu is going on for PAGES telling you that he did not mean to imply any shooter over any big guy, it's an easy inference to make, for neurotypicals. Maybe not the first time he objects, or the second, but by page 10 it should be something you can understand. So unless you really have some difficulty with social interaction, you HAVE TO have been trolling. You obviously enjoyed arguing with him for pages on end, throwing out your tired catchphrases, when you could have stopped at any time. Wamu could too but we're discussin
5 year window? Curry will be 32 in March. Draymond has already started to lose some athleticism- and when it goes- it is going to go FAST with that guy since he is so undersized. Klay just had his knee rebuilt.

I would say 3 year window- max.

Watch out, msgkings doesn’t like realistic posts. He will accuse you of missing the point or will write a dissertation about your short comings or accuse you of being a troll. He’s the biggest homer on this board and can’t deal with the fall of the Golden State dynasty. So sad really.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

Watch out, msgkings doesn’t like realistic posts. He will accuse you of missing the point or will write a dissertation about your short comings or accuse you of being a troll. He’s the biggest homer on this board and can’t deal with the fall of the Golden State dynasty. So sad really.
I think there is at least some chance they miss the playoffs in there entirety.

Curry will have to adjust to the load he will have to carry---- if he gets overworked and gets hurt they will definitely miss the playoffs.

I think Russell is a solids player---- but I am always wary of guys that go from being good- to great and all of a sudden get a huge contract.

Plus, Russell is a guy that needs the ball in his hands. Not sure that he is a great fit.

Dont get me wrong- I think Russell is a good player, but i think its only fair to assume some regression to the mean- especially considering he needs the ball in his hands- or at least has in the past.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs did that over the course of 20 years. The Warriors have been a top team for what? 5 years?
I mean- luck has been a huge part of the Golden State run--- I mean- every team means luck, but so many things had to happen

first--- if Curry was healthy he never signs such a undermarket contract right before he exlodes- and they would never had had room for Durant

two--- if they had signed DeAndre Jordan to a max--- which they TRIED TO DO when they amnestied Charlie Bell- they would have never had room for Durant and their "lineup of death" with a traditional center would have maybe never happened

three--- the first championship they won- of course we know that they won 4-2 and the Cavs were missing Love and Kyrie

Everyone has to get good luck--- and while the Warriors have done a very good job managing- luck has played a prominent role- Nothing I have seen makes me think they are the Spurs front office wise.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean- luck has been a huge part of the Golden State run--- I mean- every team means luck, but so many things had to happen

first--- if Curry was healthy he never signs such a undermarket contract right before he exlodes- and they would never had had room for Durant

two--- if they had signed DeAndre Jordan to a max--- which they TRIED TO DO when they amnestied Charlie Bell- they would have never had room for Durant and their "lineup of death" with a traditional center would have maybe never happened

three--- the first championship they won- of course we know that they won 4-2 and the Cavs were missing Love and Kyrie

Everyone has to get good luck--- and while the Warriors have done a very good job managing- luck has played a prominent role- Nothing I have seen makes me think they are the Spurs front office wise.

True. However, the Spurs 20 year run started because David Robinson had to sit out a season with injury which allowed the Spurs to draft Timmy.

So, the Warrirs got the luck part. Now the question is...can they find the "hidden gems" in the lower part of the draft and/or euro guys like the Spurs did.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[

*Liberace giving RuPaul a foot massage*

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. However, the Spurs 20 year run started because David Robinson had to sit out a season with injury which allowed the Spurs to draft Timmy.

So, the Warrirs got the luck part. Now the question is...can they find the "hidden gems" in the lower part of the draft and/or euro guys like the Spurs did.
they haven't the last few years

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they haven't the last few years

I'm not sure the Spurs did in their first 5 years either. Could be wrong as I don't remember and haven't looked up their roster changes.

Assuming the Warriors are going to try what the Spurs did, they are 1/4 of the way into it. The Spurs may be their model. Now we get to see if they can pull it off.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Curry finish top 3 in the MVP voting this year?

My guess would be a resounding NO.

Depends.

They definitely have a playoff roster without Klay.

But a major injury to Curry or Draymond will almost surely knock them out of contention for a playoff spot.

The Warriors are not going to lay down this year, so expect big stat lines from Curry and Dlo while Green’s numbers look more like the 2016 version.

If the Warriors stay healthy Curry has a great chance to be top 3. I would say he is as likely as LeBron, AD and probably even Harden. Giannis is the only virtual lock for top 3 status.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends.

But a major injury to Curry or Draymond will almost surely knock them out of contention for a playoff spot.

The Warriors are not going to lay down this year, so expect big stat lines from Curry and Dlo while Green’s numbers look more like the 2016 version.

If the Warriors stay healthy Curry has a great chance to be top 3. I would say he is as likely as LeBron, AD and probably even Harden. Giannis is the only virtual lock for top 3 status.
Definitely? If Klay out all year I wouldn't call them a lock for the playoffs.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends.

depends

once again- way to go out on a limb

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely? If Klay out all year I wouldn't call them a lock for the playoffs.

Did you read my post?

They have a playoff roster without Klay.

I clearly said that another injury would knock them out of playoff contention. That was literally the next line.

But yeah. If Curry, Green and Dlo (or major piece he is traded for) play 72 + games they are making the playoffs.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you read my post?

They have a playoff roster without Klay.

I clearly said that another injury would knock them out of playoff contention. That was literally the next line.

But yeah. If Curry, Green and Dlo (or major piece he is traded for) play 72 + games they are making the playoffs.
That's exactly what my post said.....You claimed they have a playoff roster without Klay and I said if Klay out all year (hence, without Klay) they are far from a lock for the playoffs.