• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Warriors 2.0: from Showtime Lakers to the Spurs

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially with no Durant to carry them. Who is going to do it? Curry lol
well thats what i am saying.

I think Curry is still a great player--- but i highly doubt we consider him an MVP caliber player now that he is not surrounded with the talent that took so much pressure off him.

But- as they say-- we shall see this year.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well thats what i am saying.

I think Curry is still a great player--- but i highly doubt we consider him an MVP caliber player now that he is not surrounded with the talent that took so much pressure off him.

But- as they say-- we shall see this year.

I am more interested in the following year when Durant and Kyrie play

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
using PER? absolutely not--- a largely volume based statistic for a guy that is likely to be depended on more than ever with the mass exodus of talent on the team?
Ok then you just keep trolling and I will watch Klay keep crushing it when he comes back.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what would it take for you to admit to Curry finally establishing himself as a guy who can carry a team?

Since his team is pretty much dog shit, as made evident by lots around here, what do you believe should be realistic accomplishments for him to prove he can carry a team?
I dont know- what would you say?

I saw LeBron carry a team to the Finals in 2007 that did not have one other player that was anything close to an all star.

According to you Curry will still have 2 all stars-- and will DEFINITELY have a much better team than LeBron had in 2007.

Kawhi just won a finals with Pascal Siakam as his 2nd best player.

Dirk won a Finals with Tyson Chandler and Jason Terry probably the 2 best players around him

Wade won a championship with a clearly past his prime Shaq=--- Antoine Walker was the 2nd higehst Miami scorer in that Finals

Detroit won a finals without any player as good as Curry

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Klay is done. Why you so gay for klay? lol
i wouldnt say he is "done"- but i will say there is pretty much zero chance he is hte player he once was.

Not that it is a specfiic knock on him--- any play that is entering his 30s who just had his knee rebuilt after playing huge huge minutes the past half decade is of course not going to be the same. Its common sense.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I saw LeBron carry a team to the Finals in 2007 that did not have one other player that was anything close to an all star.

According to you Curry will still have 2 all stars-- and will DEFINITELY have a much better team than LeBron had in 2007.

Dirk won a Finals with Tyson Chandler and Jason Terry probably the 2 best players around him

Wade won a championship with a clearly past his prime Shaq=--- Antoine Walker was the 2nd higehst Miami scorer in that Finals

LOL, now that's according to me?

You were the one who said D'Lo is a fringe all-star at best and Draymond is decline. Let's go off of those specifics since it was posed to you as to what you believed Steph needed to accomplish to be considered carrying a team.

Using your own vision of the team and your views on the skill levels of the Warriors players, what would he need to do?

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, but Curry isn't as good as any of those players. All of GS big 3 outside of Durant are fringe superstars. Curry is more a full superstar but has some very lacking all around qualities such as he doesn't play defense and is very small. Curry is a slightly better Kyrie Irving. Very good but not good enough to lead a team that isn't completely overwhelmingly stacked.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, now that's according to me?

You were the one who said D'Lo is a fringe all-star at best and Draymond is decline. Let's go off of those specifics since it was posed to you as to what you believed Steph needed to accomplish to be considered carrying a team.

Using your own vision of the team and your views on the skill levels of the Warriors players, what would he need to do?
my basic point is that Steph Curry is WAY closer to Steve Nash then he is to LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Shaq, etc.--- guys that could carry teams to the promised land without loads and loads of help--- hes just not in that tier and never will be. He isnt that talented- isnt that kind of force.

Hes Nash. Which is great. Hes miles from those other guys

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my basic point is that Steph Curry is WAY closer to Steve Nash then he is to LeBron, Dirk, Kobe, Duncan, Wade, Shaq, etc.--- guys that could carry teams to the promised land without loads and loads of help--- hes just not in that tier and never will be. He isnt that talented- isnt that kind of force.

Well who's comparing him to those guys? I mean the way you shit on him, you basically down grade every accomplishment with a qualifier. I see that it's to help categorize him. And that's cool with me, at least I understand why you feel the need to see Curry prove himself.

No one around here is going to think Steph's an all time top 10 player. The vast majority of guys you just listed are in that category. LOL.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He did overachieve tho on his talent. He wasn't even a high pick. He benefited from having a team with a lot of other stars. Some people can't understand that having a lot of team success doesn't make you a better basketball player. They hyped the crap out of him too even giving him a unanimous MVP, a feat Jordan didn't even get lol AD has no rings, but he would be picked over Curry every time...and that is just a fact

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were a chick I would definitely fuck Klay first as far as NBA players go.

Yeah, have you seen most NBA players. Klay is lightskinned so that helps a lot. The whiter the better...Girls prefer lighter over darker. If shaq or charles wasn't rich they wouldn't get a single girl...

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i wouldnt say he is "done"- but i will say there is pretty much zero chance he is hte player he once was.

Not that it is a specfiic knock on him--- any play that is entering his 30s who just had his knee rebuilt after playing huge huge minutes the past half decade is of course not going to be the same. Its common sense.

Those injuries almost always get re injured...I haven't seen many players comes back from ACL's

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, have you seen most NBA players. Klay is lightskinned so that helps a lot. The whiter the better...Girls prefer lighter over darker. If shaq or charles wasn't rich they wouldn't get a single girl...

I'll remember to tell this to my white wife...:lol:

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit you're a racist too? Fuck you then, seriously. Grow the fuck up.

Bart

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the same reasons that Lebron fans have always cried about him having no help. Helps ease the pain of reality.

Urban Sashimi deflecting by attacking Lebron. That's a low class move even for you. Curry's injury was a weak excuse. Lebron had 2 of his best teammates get injured in the finals, it's a legit reason to put an asterisk on that finals.