• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT to the B1G

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never said anything of the sort and yes the b1g had to act 1st now it is the big12/sec job to go in for the kill and get us to 4 conferences for the play-offs

LOL okay. So you actually want 4 20 team conferences.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is pretty simple. Geographical boundaries have had no consideration in realignment. The PAC will go wherever they feel revenue will be increased

There are other considerations but geography is at the bottom of the list.

look you can say it all you want but like i said before you and the other one wanted to just waste time or whatever the pac is not jumping all the way to the east coast....and there is nothing of value available from the plains to the pacific except byu and the pac doesnt want them

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL okay. So you actually want 4 20 team conferences.

well i think the pac stays at 12 with the b1g/sec going to 16 and big 12 either 14/16 and that will pretty much wipeout the beast/acc from a football point of view......basketball can stay as is that works great

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup... ignorance... that i'd rather see OSU line up against VT every year (and I figure that UVA is part of the VT package) as opposed to lining up against a BE patsy and an ACC also ran...

you got me...

are you always this abrasive or did I catch you at a bad time?

I get the TV market move, I really do... I promise... however, it brings nothing interesting to watch on Saturdays, I could care less about the extra revenue as I'm no longer in school...

I'm sorry about the abrasiveness, but I don't deal with ignorance or hypocricy very well.

Being a bucks fan, you ought to know that the potential $200 million in added tv revenue gets divided up among member schools. Money that can be used to improve facilities which will enhance recruiting, which will make the conference more competitive going forward.

I get the feeling that since Ohio St is already a top dog in revenue and facilities as a program, you somehow feel threatened by the other schools improving competitively.

In your line of thinking Indiana should be kicked out of the B1G because they bring nothing to watch on Saturdays.
:L

Maryland and Rutgers are being added as a means of keeping the B1G economically solvent and profitable going forward in a highly revenue competive business. If that somehow threatens Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, or Nebraskas economic advantages or historical dominance on the football field, too fucking bad. IMO the more competitive everybody is, the better.

I am done wasting any further bandwidth on you.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry about the abrasiveness, but I don't deal with ignorance or hypocricy very well.

Being a bucks fan, you ought to know that the potential $200 million in added tv revenue gets divided up among member schools. Money that can be used to improve facilities which will enhance recruiting, which will make the conference more competitive going forward.

I get the feeling that since Ohio St is already a top dog in revenue and facilities as a program, you somehow feel threatened by the other schools improving competitively.

In your line of thinking Indiana should be kicked out of the B1G because they bring nothing to watch on Saturdays.
:L

Maryland and Rutgers are being added as a means of keeping the B1G economically solvent and profitable going forward in a highly revenue competive business. If that somehow threatens Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, or Nebraskas economic advantages or historical dominance on the football field, too fucking bad. IMO the more competitive everybody is, the better.

I am done wasting any further bandwidth on you.

i think that means i win, right?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i think the pac stays at 12 with the b1g/sec going to 16 and big 12 either 14/16 and that will pretty much wipeout the beast/acc from a football point of view......basketball can stay as is that works great

Is there really a benefit to the Big 12 going 14 or 16? If they get to 12 and only add FSU and VT, why not stop there? Anything else is a pretty minor footprint move and another mouth to feed so to speak. Do you really want to collapse the ACC? If you collapse the ACC you might set off the 20 team conference time bomb, and both you and the Pac will be on the outside looking in while the SEC and B1G get the juiciest morsels on their way to 20.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tapping new markets may be all about the money, but RA is right to a point. All of the schools benefit, and hopefully the fans benefit as well. It should keep ticket prices from skyrocketing along with healthcare and everything else in this damn country.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well still dont know who rounds out the 16 for the b1g---unc,uva,vt

but yes if the schools are there i got no problem with 14---16 meh

fsu,clemson,gt,louisville would be fine with me,get in the florida market and atlanta/s.c with louisville bridging the gap to wvu while adding a bb power to go with kansas

then we all play the waiting game for ND and the acc/beast form a bb league

but we will have to wait and see

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look you can say it all you want but like i said before you and the other one wanted to just waste time or whatever the pac is not jumping all the way to the east coast....and there is nothing of value available from the plains to the pacific except byu and the pac doesnt want them

Uhh OK.
The PAC has no viable means of expansion. None, zero, zip.

Alabama will not lose a game this year either. Oh wait, Oregon or K. State will not lose this year. Oh wait.

What I'm saying is nothing's off the table right now. Funny things that don't make a lot of sense happen when there are $millions involved and the fear of being left out of major reorganizations.. Like WVU to the Big XII. By your very definition the Big XII was "landlocked" from them when they crossed SEC and B1G country to get them.

CFB is a monster of a business.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams and fanbase a that I absolutely loved in the Big 12 were Nebraska and aTm, so I am very medium on that option.

well i would guess sec for vt if i had to choose my honest opinion

maybe the acc stays intact???? its only maryland you lost :)

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well still dont know who rounds out the 16 for the b1g---unc,uva,vt

but yes if the schools are there i got no problem with 14---16 meh

fsu,clemson,gt,louisville would be fine with me,get in the florida market and atlanta/s.c with louisville bridging the gap to wvu while adding a bb power to go with kansas

then we all play the waiting game for ND and the acc/beast form a bb league

but we will have to wait and see

I guess if I were the commish I would have to consider building regional rivals completely secondary to the cost of dividing up funds with more schools, but at the same time I think that Clemson, GT, and Louisville all have decently balanced athletic departments, so it's not like they'll require special help.

I have to wonder what the hell Notre Dame is planning. If they see teams running for the door, will they go all in with the ACC and try to help them land a better TV contract? NBC is trying to improve their sports programming. They could make some concessions to CBS to get a Notre Dame/ACC deal, while still allowing the CW to keep some games and run the "ACC network."

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah not sure what will happen with ND.....saw a post (might have come from a tweet) that said ND wont talk to the big 12 unless the acc/beast dissolves

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I'm kind of with Bone. The Pac does have some issues with timezones. There wouldn't be much of a point in adding 4 schools from the ACC. The Big East only went coast to coast because they had to. The Pac is better off staying at 12 or going for Texas and Oklahoma.

I agree the PAC taking an east coast team does not seem feasible but I don't rule anything out in this. I do staunchly disagree with Bone's statement or at least strong insinuation that the PAC has no options because of it's current boundaries. For one I am not convinced that the Big 12's grant of rights would keep a school there if it did not want to be and especially if it has an offer that would increase it's stability and revenue long term. Maryland has a $50M buyout but 1) they will never have to pay that much and 2) even if they do end up paying that the increased revenue in the B1G will pay that over the years.

If the PAC chose to invite the Oklahoma or Texas schools (I don't see UT) and the revenue is there I don't see any reason they or the PAC would not pay a negotiated penalty.

Even if not there are options. Most teams invited will not be top 20 BCS schools. Market is what is driving this. San Diego State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Air Force and Boise are all options to increase market and/or national appeal. I do not think BYU would ever be an option because of it's religious affiliation but the PAC is in no way sitting there wringing it's hands wondering what ever shall we do if we have to expand.

P.S. Please feel free to respond. I think this tangent could have led to some interesting discussion but Bone's arrogance and attack dog mentality have prevented that to this point. I am done feeding him though.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams and fanbase a that I absolutely loved in the Big 12 were Nebraska and aTm, so I am very medium on that option.

I personally would love to see VT join the B1G. If I could twitch my nose and make it happen it would be VT and ND.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree the PAC taking an east coast team does not seem feasible but I don't rule anything out in this. I do staunchly disagree with Bone's statement or at least strong insinuation that the PAC has no options because of it's current boundaries. For one I am not convinced that the Big 12's grant of rights would keep a school there if it did not want to be and especially if it has an offer that would increase it's stability and revenue long term. Maryland has a $50M buyout but 1) they will never have to pay that much and 2) even if they do end up paying that the increased revenue in the B1G will pay that over the years.

If the PAC chose to invite the Oklahoma or Texas schools (I don't see UT) and the revenue is there I don't see any reason they or the PAC would not pay a negotiated penalty.

Even if not there are options. Most teams invited will not be top 20 BCS schools. Market is what is driving this. San Diego State, Fresno State, Hawaii, Nevada, UNLV, Air Force and Boise are all options to increase market and/or national appeal. I do not think BYU would ever be an option because of it's religious affiliation but the PAC is in no way sitting there wringing it's hands wondering what ever shall we do if we have to expand.

P.S. Please feel free to respond. I think this tangent could have led to some interesting discussion but Bone's arrogance and attack dog mentality have prevented that to this point. I am done feeding him though.

wasnt i the one who was attacked by you/red alert........ and like i said byu is the only thing of value(and will take a miracle)

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im guessing b1g and sec go to 16---

with big 12 jumping to 14...maybe 16 if they get the schools they want

pac is landlocked

The PAC is landlocked?

Please explain.

I had no fucking idea that California, Oregon, and Washington were landlocked. I learnt a lot today.

Anybody else?

who are they going to get in expansion.......they are not going to jump across b1g/big 12 territory all the way to the east coast

so they are limited in their choices...aka landlocked

Well they cant see Russia from their front porch.

Right, luckily Colorado has that Pacific boundary or the B12 would still be stuck with them.

landlocked adj. referring to a parcel of real property which has no access or egress (entry or exit) to a public street and cannot be reached except by crossing another's property. In such a case there is an "implied easement" over the adjoining lot from which it was created (carved out).

here you go smartguy :D

acc/expansion is "public street" and pac is blocked by b1g/big12 real estate

asshat :yo:

Colorado is an example of them going to any market that makes sense financially. There are no bounfaroes to be locked into.

okay so who are they going to expand to 16 with.........

attack dog :woof woof:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wasnt i the one who was attacked by you/red alert........ and like i said byu is the only thing of value(and will take a miracle)

I am not RA so I don't speak for RA. If you are referring to my comment about the Coloradoan Pacific coast I attempted to use humor to make a point. Sorry it hurt your feelings.
:yo: