• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT to the B1G

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the big 12 is "supposedly" untouchable right now due to the GOR they signed
and that apparently has a clause that wont allow teams to buy back their rights if they leave .so if a big 12 team left they/new conference wouldnt have the tv rights until 2025.......now if the big 12 dissolved then teams would be free to go where ever they wish

yeah i know...i'm just saying that i think the kansas schools would be somewhat attractive to the PAC. i don't know much about the contracts in the Big 12.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i know...i'm just saying that i think the kansas schools would be somewhat attractive to the PAC. i don't know much about the contracts in the Big 12.

Why would they be attractive to the Pac? They bring pretty no revenue in anything outside of basketball. No real tV markets of note, and I'm not really sure they do any real research on the academic side.

Exactly what is there to be interested in?

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny. For all of KU basketball's lore, they are not very attractive to expanding conferences.

It's about money people.

I predict in 10 years Nebraska will have a healthier basketball program than KU, simply by leeching off of the conference and the money it brings.

KU is dangerously close to being left out in the cold.

Last edited by a moderator:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, who let the clowns take over the trapeze act?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus, who let the clowns take over the trapeze act?

rustled-jimmies-4-bronwinningg-tumblr.png

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought you had me blocked ForkEm, you sniveling miserable bitch!!

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He couldn't bear not to look at my posts. He's that obsessed with me.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC reels in VT, I'm going to assume they're going after FSU. What do you think the Big 12's gameplan is at that point?

The Big 12 is landlocked

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SEC reels in VT, I'm going to assume they're going after FSU. What do you think the Big 12's gameplan is at that point?

FSU to the SEC has been debunked I don't know how many times. Either you get it by now or you don't.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And people think I'm hostile.

I'm not trying to be hostile....but we've gone around about FSU in every expansion thread on this board

NOBODY thinks FSU is SEC bound......they have shown no interest and Florida would block their entry.

So either you aren't paying attention or it's taking a LOT of time for this to sink in.

When FSU was rumored to want out of the ACC last year, the SEC was never called.

Take the hint.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like to explore all of the angles and I was curious what the next step WOULD be. There are a lot of things that are supposedly out of the question. One thing I will NEVER question is that FSU has more to gain in the SEC. If I can see it, they can see it. People change their minds. Curiosity can only make you smarter. If it rubs you the wrong way because your too lazy or apathetic to contemplate what you don't ACTUALLY know, that's okay with me. I might actually keep bringing it up just to piss you off. Get it?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just like to explore all of the angles and I was curious what the next step WOULD be. There are a lot of things that are supposedly out of the question. One thing I will NEVER question is that FSU has more to gain in the SEC. If I can see it, they can see it. People change their minds. Curiosity can only make you smarter. If it rubs you the wrong way because your too lazy or apathetic to contemplate what you don't ACTUALLY know, that's okay with me. I might actually keep bringing it up just to piss you off. Get it?

I think you're the one that doesn't get it.

FSU hasn't shown any interest, and neither has the SEC. Why? Because the SEC GAINS NOTHING.

They don't get a new market, they don't make more money......they just have the cut the pie into a smaller piece.

FSU gains no matter what, if they're in a more football focused conference than the ACC. That option hasn't been extended for the SEC, and FSU has shown no proclivity to make that move.

Once again - when they were looking to make a move of their own volition, the SEC was never an option to them......you just aren't getting it.

Could all parties involved change their minds? Sure. But that would mean that something changes the reasons the relationship doesn't work right now.......and so far, that hasn't happened.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 19 million people in Florida.

Do you really think that the networks don't calculate the share of audiences that each school draws?

Seems to me that it would be like adding Missouri x 3...or 5 for the SEC, actually.

Also seems to me that the SEC would give FSU a bigger piece of pie than what they would get in the Big 12.

Florida needs two other schools to join them in blocking FSU.

Tallahassee is far enough west that it wouldn't be a crazy stretch to put them in the other division opposite Florida.....not as crazy as say....Missouri in the East.

The SEC and FSU talked last year. Which means they both know what the obstacles are.

If you don't know what caused the relationship to fail a year ago, then you have no idea how drastic of a change it would have to be, and therefore you really aren't the authority you are claiming to be.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are 19 million people in Florida.

Do you really think that the networks don't calculate the share of audiences that each school draws?

Seems to me that it would be like adding Missouri x 3...or 5 for the SEC, actually.

Also seems to me that the SEC would give FSU a bigger piece of pie than what they would get in the Big 12.

Florida needs two other schools to join them in blocking FSU.

Tallahassee is far enough west that it wouldn't be a crazy stretch to put them in the other division opposite Florida.....not as crazy as say....Missouri in the East.

The SEC and FSU talked last year. Which means they both know what the obstacles are.

If you don't know what caused the relationship to fail a year ago, then you have no idea how drastic of a change it would have to be, and therefore you really aren't the authority you are claiming to be.

I'm not claiming to be an authority.

I'm saying that there are a myriad of reasons why no one believes it will happen, and all evidence SUGGESTS it's not even on the table.

Just a few MONTHS ago they wanted into the Big 12. So did their fanbase. There were no chants to join the SEC.

It's possible, but not probable.

You can't just toss out all evidence to the contrary. If you want to continue to beat the SEC drum it's a free country, but realize you are the only one on that road.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Highly unlikely that the SEC wants FSU. It would hurt UF and UF already owns that state, regarding football. Regarding Florida needing more support to keep FSU out, supposedly there is a gentleman's agreement between Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Kentucky. They will ALL vote against the motion to add a school from any of those states (FSU, Miami, Georgia Tech, Clemson, Louisville).

It goes back to TVs and cable contracts. FSU really doesn't add much to the equation that Florida doesn't already contribute.

But ....

If the SEC wanted FSU, they would've been gone yesterday...period. And to presume that the SEC wouldn't be at the TOP of FSU's list would be crazy. Any team in the deep South looking to leave their conference would obviously look first at the SEC. The reason there were no chants to join the SEC is because everyone knows it would've already happened if it was gonna happen. Boards don't make decisions based on what football fanbases want. And not everyone at FSU can be included in "they". There were PLENTY of important people in that university who want no part of it