• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT to the B1G

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not RA so I don't speak for RA. If you are referring to my comment about the Coloradoan Pacific coast I attempted to use humor to make a point. Sorry it hurt your feelings.
:yo:

you're a cheeky monkey....

image001.gif

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right..

California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado have no access to public streets. Nor are they allowed to enter/cross the imaginary BiG XII or B1G 10 easements.

And lest we forget..."Texas doesn't get hit by hurricanes".

The PAC is not landlocked by any definition, and Texas does get hit by hurricanes.

If you stop presenting stupid shit as fact, you won't be challenged on it.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this I find very interesting, but I have to agree with bone to an extent. Pac 12 doesn't have a ton of viable options out there.

They key they need is to add time zones that get their games on at earlier times on the east coast where there are significantly higher football viewers. Who could they possibly invite that would be willing to travel cross country half the season to play their teams? Any decent program worth their salt will have better options.

B12 should expand to 14, but I doubt that's ever been on the table from the commish's standpoint.

I think the key to any further movement will be the Maryland buyout. However, I disagree that schools can get out of the grant of rights......that's really the only REAL leverage a conference will have. If a conference gives up those rights, they cease to be a conference anymore.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Pac's situation...I don't really see what their options are. I think their best hope is that both the ACC and Big 12 hang tough through this next round. If the Big 12 hangs on what would be a reasonable expansion option for the Pac 12? Nothing. But they wouldn't need to worry about it. They will still be a lucrative enough option to stay on TV. If they get pushed entirely to the late late games in the rest of the country, I'm pretty sure they lose some revenue.

Worst case scenario for the Pac 12 is Texas and Oklahoma take their block of four(or 5 with Baylor?) to the SEC along with FSU and/or VT. If the B1G and SEC hulk out, the Pac 12 is probably stuck with spare parts. Not good for them. The fan bases on the west coast area already kind of testy.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right..

California, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, and Colorado have no access to public streets. Nor are they allowed to enter/cross the imaginary BiG XII or B1G 10 easements.

And lest we forget..."Texas doesn't get hit by hurricanes".

The PAC is not landlocked by any definition, and Texas does get hit by hurricanes.

If you stop presenting stupid shit as fact, you won't be challenged on it.

you sir are being a moron and this is my last response to you today :yo:

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Pac 12 could easily add Boise St and UNLV/Nevada to lock up everything west of Texas. Those aren't sexy pickups, but they add TV markets and money.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the Pac's situation...I don't really see what their options are. I think their best hope is that both the ACC and Big 12 hang tough through this next round. If the Big 12 hangs on what would be a reasonable expansion option for the Pac 12? Nothing. But they wouldn't need to worry about it. They will still be a lucrative enough option to stay on TV. If they get pushed entirely to the late late games in the rest of the country, I'm pretty sure they lose some revenue.

Worst case scenario for the Pac 12 is Texas and Oklahoma take their block of four(or 5 with Baylor?) to the SEC along with FSU and/or VT. If the B1G and SEC hulk out, the Pac 12 is probably stuck with spare parts. Not good for them. The fan bases on the west coast area already kind of testy.

Agreed to an extent. I just don't see the Pac being a player in the next round of expansion. I think this is a discussion purely on the B1G, SEC, ACC and B12......and what happens with those conferences.