• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VT to the B1G

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed to an extent. I just don't see the Pac being a player in the next round of expansion. I think this is a discussion purely on the B1G, SEC, ACC and B12......and what happens with those conferences.

yeah we knew that on page one but some husker fans just love to try to prove a point

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
not much TV market or money at all .. I'm sure they'd love to grab BYU ... aside from that -- San Diego State might be their best option (aside from dipping into the Big12 of course).

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not much TV market or money at all .. I'm sure they'd love to grab BYU ... aside from that -- San Diego State might be their best option (aside from dipping into the Big12 of course).

Their current market is still really healthy, but I think what you're saying is that there's really nothing to be had nearby, and I totally agree. Colorado and Utah were pretty good adds in terms of actual TV sets. BYU would be nice but they don't like BYU, actually. I'm amazed USC still plays Notre Dame. The Pac presidents hate religious institutions of any kind, but particularly those who venture into academia. It really rustles their jimmies.

gradam01

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Las Vegas and Boise aren't huge markets, but what else is there for them to pickup. The B1G makes too much to lose anyone and Big 12 schools are locked up tight. I have a feeling the round of expansions could be for all the marbles and the Pac needs to grab what they can get.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it goes for all the marbles as in super conferences, there are going to be some ACC schools left on the right coast, and maybe a few littler guys like Cincinnati and USF. Miami is kind of weird one too, they could be left waiting for a savior to deal with whatever penalties they're looking at. Maybe the Pac 12 could find 12 teams sitting out east waiting for something to happen and go 24 teams with hardly any crossplay outside of the championship game. ACC remains intact as a basketball superpower after the poach the Big East. Pac can keep their basketball conference intact.

In all seriousness, if that happens the MW and CUSA need to scrape together the best of who they have, cull the herd, and get really serious about OOC schedules to fight for some kind of at large ranking stipulation that could give them a shot at the 4 team playoff. It would never fly, though. Which is why I hate the super conference thing to death.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah we knew that on page one but some husker fans just love to try to prove a point

Your complaint has been recognized. In order for us to better serve you please fill out the following form and return for review.

8342_7dfc_500.jpeg

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:charlie:

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if it goes for all the marbles as in super conferences, there are going to be some ACC schools left on the right coast, and maybe a few littler guys like Cincinnati and USF. Miami is kind of weird one too, they could be left waiting for a savior to deal with whatever penalties they're looking at. Maybe the Pac 12 could find 12 teams sitting out east waiting for something to happen and go 24 teams with hardly any crossplay outside of the championship game. ACC remains intact as a basketball superpower after the poach the Big East. Pac can keep their basketball conference intact.

In all seriousness, if that happens the MW and CUSA need to scrape together the best of who they have, cull the herd, and get really serious about OOC schedules to fight for some kind of at large ranking stipulation that could give them a shot at the 4 team playoff. It would never fly, though. Which is why I hate the super conference thing to death.

They really only need 6. That would be.

3 Regional OOC games
5 Regional Conference games
2 Cross Country conference away games
2 Home conference games

12 total games (only 2 long distance)

CCG could switch from West to East

In that scenario, Colorado would be doing the most traveling, but no more than they do now.

Unfortunately bone has spelled it out for us.

The PAC 12 is "landlocked"

ie..Completely surrounded by land with no public roads in or out.
They are not allowed to cross the easement established by the Big XII at the western borders of Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas.
Nor are they allowed to cross the easement established by the B1G 10 at the western borders of Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota.
Access to every university east of those 2 easements to the Atlantic Ocean has been cutoff.

Apparently throughout the Great Plains "landlocking" process, global warming accelerated causing severe drought. The likes that even the fucking Pacific Ocean dried up creating even more land along the western borders of California, Oregon, and Washington of which an immediate easement was placed by some entity that has yet to be determined.

The PAC 12 is stuck at 12 teams with zero hope of expansion ever.

That is some serious shit yo..

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huskerinsec you are acting in the very definition of "butthurt"

no reason to get so upset because you huskers cant understand simple terminology and metaphors

Last edited by a moderator:

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want about their on field performance, the B1G is king as a far as money and viewership. It's not even close.

We will be the premier conference in D1 football in a relatively short amount of time.

Even better than the SEC is now.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even with the ribbing I gave Forty, they are a far better addition in terms of an on the field product than Rutgers or Maryland.

While both those teams will benefit greatly from the B1G logo, (particularly Rutgers), VT is the kind of team we are looking to add from a football/competitive standpoint.

Though VT's potential viewership pales in comparison, I think it all balances out when you have a legitimately competitive team getting prime time spots regularly.

I still think Rutgers could become something special with the relatively untapped New Jersey recruiting base.

They have serious talent sitting in their backyard.

Looking forward to poaching more of that talent.

Last edited by a moderator:

Camfantasy

Valar Morghulis
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in the sec thread a sec ago....figured it was relevant here too.

Kyle Bailey (@TheClubhouseKB) tweeted at 7:56 PM on Tue, Nov 20, 2012:
#Hokies AD Jim Weaver says there "may be potential interest" in talking with the #SEC about future membership. Defers comment otherwise

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about the PAC expansion...would they possibly try to take Kansas? they would get KU for basketball and KSU for football...seems like 2 pretty good targets.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Posted this in the sec thread a sec ago....figured it was relevant here too.

Kyle Bailey (@TheClubhouseKB) tweeted at 7:56 PM on Tue, Nov 20, 2012:
#Hokies AD Jim Weaver says there "may be potential interest" in talking with the #SEC about future membership. Defers comment otherwise

Good we never wanted ya. :D

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about the PAC expansion...would they possibly try to take Kansas? they would get KU for basketball and KSU for football...seems like 2 pretty good targets.

the big 12 is "supposedly" untouchable right now due to the GOR they signed
and that apparently has a clause that wont allow teams to buy back their rights if they leave .so if a big 12 team left they/new conference wouldnt have the tv rights until 2025.......now if the big 12 dissolved then teams would be free to go where ever they wish

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But some of our fans (like me) wanted you! :ohwell:

We both know who the better fit is.

VT has B1G written all over it.

They need to be smart.