• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things I've learned about Vikings from watching this show:

1. Viking women are freaks in bed.

2. Viking priests and priestesses are the scariest people on Earth.

3. Viking women were better warriors than Anglo-Saxon men.

4. Viking religion revolved around dying in battle.

5. Viking men were mostly British and Australian.

I’ve noticed that in every WWII movie I’ve ever seen. All Germans spoke the King’s English ridiculously well.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They’ve proven they can put on some very well written and directed shows, such as Hatfields & McCoys. I know every show they do can’t be blockbuster quality with big $ stars like Costner, but I wish they could sustain one or two more series like Vikings during the year.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another great episode last night. I figured they would find a way not to knock off the priest. Really glad I was right. Interesting to see what happens with him and the former Earle's daughter. I was afraid her and her mom might have been 2 of the chosen people as well, along with Floki's woman. Glad I was wrong on all accounts.

They can't get rid of the priest. The priest represents us, the audience.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve noticed that in every WWII movie I’ve ever seen. All Germans spoke the King’s English ridiculously well.

This is also true with the portrayal of Ancient Romans. Julius Caesar spoke the King's English quite well, too.

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have only watched the first episode.... I have the rest recorded on my DVR and plan to have a marathon after the season is over. A good chunk of my heritage is Swedish and Danish, so I've always had a great interest in Viking history and Norse mythology.
Just so you guys know, Ragnar is based partially on a real person and part on heroic lore. He is also said to be the father/ancestor to many other Viking heroes. I could tell you more, but I think it might spoil some story lines.
As per a previous conversation, I don't think Ragnar ever went North America.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This show kicks ass. Thinking of not shaving so I can rock my beard like these bad mufukas.

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to the board, so just saying hi. Have been watching the Viking series on the History Ch. Good show. Been a Viking fan since day one, so have been waiting, with a lot of other Viking fans, for a long time for that Super Bowl title. Hope we have a good season and Ponder is ready.....

Go Vikings

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New to the board, so just saying hi. Have been watching the Viking series on the History Ch. Good show. Been a Viking fan since day one, so have been waiting, with a lot of other Viking fans, for a long time for that Super Bowl title. Hope we have a good season and Ponder is ready.....

Go Vikings

Welcome new Husker fan! Come say Hi on our board sometime..

strange assortment of teams you got there.. how does one become a Husker/Vikings/SFGiants fan?

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I am from Lincoln Neb, started out a Green Bay fan, till I saw there was a Viking team coming out, and I liked the movie the Vikings, thought how tough they were, and a great name for a team. First time I ever watched a baseball game was when the Giants and the NY Yankee's were playing a world series game, in the early 60's. They let us out of class in grade school to go to the auditorium to watch it, and I had heard of Willie Mays, and Mantle, but I liked the Giants uniforms. I am also a Twins fan, and a Laker fan, thanks to Boston beating them all the time, back in the day. Funny how some of us pick a team, and stay with them forever.
This looks like a great forum, for sports, hope to be around for a long time.

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well History Channel, once again you’ve fucked the pooch. Great series, but now we have to wait until 2014 for the series continuation? You will lose all momentum and people will forget. Dumbasses.

KingFlea

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any Spartacus fans here?

juliansteed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved the 1st season but was hoping it would go out with more of a bang. They've been building towards Ragnar's brother betraying him all season long so that wasn't really a shocker. Knocking up that new chick was a nice twist. No way Ragnar's wife or son are going to like that. Too bad about his daughter and the old Earl's daughter. :(

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh well History Channel, once again you’ve fucked the pooch. Great series, but now we have to wait until 2014 for the series continuation? You will lose all momentum and people will forget. Dumbasses.

Loved the 1st season but was hoping it would go out with more of a bang. They've been building towards Ragnar's brother betraying him all season long so that wasn't really a shocker. Knocking up that new chick was a nice twist. No way Ragnar's wife or son are going to like that. Too bad about his daughter and the old Earl's daughter. :(

Odd season finale.. still loved the show tho

these

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. They need to return by this fall. November at the latest. Not returning until 2014 means at least 8 months without a new episode. It really shouldn't take that long to get rolling on the second season, which they only ordered 10 episodes for?