• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Vikings be a dark horse?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucs would take him in like 2 seconds if they missed out on a viable QB prospect.
I’d rather have an unknown, like Tyson Bagent. Bagent will probably turn out to be average or below, but we don’t know for sure. He could be Tom Brady (almost assuredly not). He could be just another shitty qb in a long line of shitty QBs. I’d take that unknown over a known average qb like cousins.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d rather have an unknown, like Tyson Bagent. Bagent will probably turn out to be average or below, but we don’t know for sure. He could be Tom Brady (almost assuredly not). He could be just another shitty qb in a long line of shitty QBs. I’d take that unknown over a known average qb like cousins.
Bagent has tape too and he has the squirt gun for an arm. He'd have the worst arm in the league if he was a starter full time. Even Cousins has a howitzer compared to him.

Bagent is fine if you're tanking or are just looking for a cheap and viable backup to relieve an injured QB.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bagent has tape too and he has the squirt gun for an arm. He'd have the worst arm in the league if he was a starter full time. Even Cousins has a howitzer compared to him.

Bagent is fine if you're tanking or are just looking for a cheap and viable backup to relieve an injured QB.
I guess if you’re really desperate for a qb, cousins would make sense. Personally, if I were GM, I wouldn’t make that move ever. It doesn’t improve your chances at a Super Bowl, and that’s the goal.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine if your in a full rebuild and nowhere near contention but if you have a solid roster and are unable to get a true franchise QB that can help you win now, Cousins is a good 2-3 year option to get you to the dance for the next couple of seasons and who knows, maybe get a team to the CG. A lot of shit gets piled on Cousins, some of it warranted like the untimely turnovers but he has the ability to make plays. I don't think all of his failures in big moments are 100% on him.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has a no trade clause and 0 chance he waves it

He's playing well and is a free agent this off-season. He doesn't want to go new system where his play might tail off and lower his value in his upcoming free agency. I also think KC is hoping MN gives him 2-3 year deal, I think his preference is to stay here, but not at a discount

Had MN lost vs SF and GB upcoming, I think they would've dealt Hunter and maybe KJ Osborne, hunter would've gotten a 2nd, Osborne probably only a 5th or so, but still

If they win, they might try to hunt for elusive first round playoff exit
If a team added a sweet extension then it would solve that problem.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In some ways. Cutler is better than Cousins in some ways. Do I want either as a qb? Nah.

It comes down to if you want a reckless guy that makes a stupid throw or a conservative guy that is afraid to make a bad throw.

There is a reason they each only have one playoff win. But if you want a tiebreaker, I want the guy that has never missed a game due to injury rather than the guy sulking on the sidelines in the NFC Championship Game. Cousins, for as much of a cornball as he can be, is 100 times the leader that Cutler ever was.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It comes down to if you want a reckless guy that makes a stupid throw or a conservative guy that is afraid to make a bad throw.

There is a reason they each only have one playoff win. But if you want a tiebreaker, I want the guy that has never missed a game due to injury rather than the guy sulking on the sidelines in the NFC Championship Game. Cousins, for as much of a cornball as he can be, is 100 times the leader that Cutler ever was.
Let me know when Cousins gets to the NFCCG.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riddle:

How long does it take a football fan who in the offseason thinks his team is nothing more than a one and done in the playoffs and thinks that is disappointing to go to a fan in the middle of the season to be excited by making the playoffs even thought they will lose in a single game?

A 2-4 start as it turns out.

Vikes are back on course for what we figured they were in the offseason: a one and done playoff team.

But long term this is a team that teams are going to have to contend with. Last year the team was 13-4 and I wasnt sold on the coaching staff. This year is different. O'Connell is learning from his previous mistakes and really has the team ready to play. I really like the trajectory of this team.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cousins has played with either a bottom 5 defense or a bottom 5 OL and sometimes both during all his years in MN. No QB was taking this team that far when dealing with those two things.

He isnt the problem. And anyone who actually understands and pays attention to football understand that your take in this thread so far is silly.

Jay Cutler's best season in Chicago was worse than Cousin's worst season in MN.

Dont get me wrong...Cousins has warts. Far from a true elite QB. But he has been an above average QB. He is good enough to win a SB as long as he has a really, really good team around him. Had Cousins went to SF instead of MN the offseason that he came here, I dont think there is any question that he has a ring.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has played with either a bottom 5 defense or a bottom 5 OL and sometimes both during all his years in MN. No QB was taking this team that far when dealing with those two things.

He isnt the problem. And anyone who actually understands and pays attention to football understand that your take in this thread so far is silly.

Jay Cutler's best season in Chicago was worse than Cousin's worst season in MN.

Dont get me wrong...Cousins has warts. Far from a true elite QB. But he has been an above average QB. He is good enough to win a SB as long as he has a really, really good team around him. Had Cousins went to SF instead of MN the offseason that he came here, I dont think there is any question that he has a ring.
Agree to disagree. I think cousins is more likely to lose you a game in the playoffs than actually win one.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cutler's one and only playoff appearance was in a division with a washed up Favre and an injured Rodgers. Congratulations, he beat a 7-9 Seahawks team to get to that NFCCG and then would go on to prove what a fraud he is.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody wants cousins.
I think the Browns would take him as a one year rental right now. It doesn't look like Watson is close to healthy and they have (in my opinion) the best defense in the league. If they had even an above average QB (and I think Cousins is better than that), I think they would be in the top 4 of all NFL teams. I hate saying that, as I hate the Browns, but I've kinda been forced to watch them this season. I just can't believe how dominating that defense is. Although maybe I'm giving them too much credit (like I said, I root for them to lose)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Browns would take him as a one year rental right now. It doesn't look like Watson is close to healthy and they have (in my opinion) the best defense in the league. If they had even an above average QB (and I think Cousins is better than that), I think they would be in the top 4 of all NFL teams. I hate saying that, as I hate the Browns, but I've kinda been forced to watch them this season. I just can't believe how dominating that defense is. Although maybe I'm giving them too much credit (like I said, I root for them to lose)
They might trade for him, but do they really want him?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might trade for him, but do they really want him?

I've been watching what they have on the field at QB right now...the answer is yes! I mean the guy has top 3 NFL stats right now. This Browns defense won't be around forever, so I imagine they would love to have a significant upgrade at QB right now, especially with Watson hobbling around.

I don't even know if the Browns would make an offer, but even if they did, I don't think the Vikings would make the trade. The deadline is next week, and they have an easy path to the playoffs with their schedule, in my opinion. I don't think the Vikings would give up on what appears to likely be a playoff team in the middle of the season.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. I like to bag on him because he is an in division rival, but Cousins was definitely not the problem in the playoff loss last year in my opinion.

The guy is good. Since he became an NFL starter, his numbers are really good. Now it hasn't translated into playoff success, so that is a fair criticism of him, but I've seen a few of his playoff games and I really don't understand all the criticism against him.

Having said all that, I do hope that the Vikings sign him to another large 3-4 season contract. He will be 36 years old starting next season and I imagine his age will start to show soon (although with Rodgers, Big Ben, Tom, and several others, early 40's are the new mid 30's).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Vikings actually beat the Chiefs in the trenches when they played recently. Jordan Addison is also completely legit. His combine and measurables are disappointing but his college tape showed him playing fast on the field and...he does. Kirk Cousins, Addison, a healthy Jefferson. Good trench play. Yeah, I could see them on the same tier as the Lions and Niners if they stop turning over the football

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching what they have on the field at QB right now...the answer is yes! I mean the guy has top 3 NFL stats right now. This Browns defense won't be around forever, so I imagine they would love to have a significant upgrade at QB right now, especially with Watson hobbling around.

I don't even know if the Browns would make an offer, but even if they did, I don't think the Vikings would make the trade. The deadline is next week, and they have an easy path to the playoffs with their schedule, in my opinion. I don't think the Vikings would give up on what appears to likely be a playoff team in the middle of the season.
I agree. Early on with the turnovers, they looked like they weren't going to win enough games and be selling at the deadline. But with their schedule and now this big momentum win under their belt, they are no longer sellers. I doubt they entertain any offers and Cousins wouldn't waive his no-trade clause anyway. Also doubt Hunter goes anywhere.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Vikes pegged at 9-8 in my preseason prediction. We all knew there was zero chance that they'd repeat last year's 11-0 record of wins by 8 points or less - the old reversion to the mean yada yada. Right now they sit at 3-4, so not only does 9-8 stand as a realistic target, but based on their remaining schedule, they could possibly hit double digits if enough goes right.