• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes fans are so starved for good QB play they can't help themselves by grasping at any straw of a good play, when evaluating Teddys play this year

Uhh.... after reading this. You quoted my post.... Where the hell have I been "teddy is God." Don't put your blanket "Vikings fans are so starved." You just want to be combative. So to return the favor, just GFY for assuming...

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhh.... after reading this. You quoted my post.... Where the hell have I been "teddy is God." Don't put your blanket "Vikings fans are so starved." You just want to be combative. So to return the favor, just GFY for assuming...

not sure what you're talking about?
don't mean to be combative at all, sorry if you felt that way. I am just surprised at the support for Teddy as his season was unimpressive. Everyones a bit short tempered on this board, and if someone doesn't agree with a opinion or statement its like a crime

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly I don't even remember 2012 that much but what do categorize as clutch? and how many of the those moments did Teddy have? I can't think of many at all

If you don't remember 2012 that much. Why ask the question...

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you don't remember 2012 that much. Why ask the question...

you said Teddy was more clutch this year than Ponder in 2012, looking for some examples?

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a game this year where he was something about 6-9 on 3rd and long (I can look for a bigger game volume) and and 5 or so went for first down. But I'd like you to do the same since you want to say he just the same as Ponder...

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a game this year where he was something about 6-9 on 3rd and long (I can look for a bigger game volume) and and 5 or so went for first down. But I'd like you to do the same since you want to say he just the same as Ponder...

I don't want you to say anything you don't mean, thats not the issue. The issue is a lot of opinion is put out there on these boards and its just that, opinion.

Teddy has been unimpressive this season and I think that 14 TDs and next to last passing totals for the MV in the NFL bears that out.

The D and some AP along with solid special teams are the reasons for this years success, not Bridgewater on any level, reminding of 2012 with Ponder.

I'm just not sold on the guy, crucify me

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue is a lot of opinion is put out there on these boards and its just that, opinion.

Yup, never claimed facts. I just thought TB was better. From what I have watched. Not stats.... I told you it's my opinion until you asked for facts which I tried to supply (atleast for one game).

Teddy has been unimpressive this season and I think that 14 TDs and next to last passing totals for the MV in the NFL bears that out.

Again, I said, he disappointed me. But I still think he was better than Ponder. From what I saw. You want pin point moments when you have none to counter. So whatever.

I'm just not sold on the guy, crucify me

Yes, I am here ready to nail your hands and feet to a cross until you tell me TB is the best ever....

So long.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Ponder would be the best back up in the league. When he came into games not facing any pressure of keeping his position. He Played decent. But he won't be Alex Smith, Smith has shown he can be consistent. Where Ponder always was the same. First sign of pressure he runs. That is what bothered me the most.

Which is where I think good coaching comes into play.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly I don't even remember 2012 that much but what do categorize as clutch? and how many of the those moments did Teddy have? I can't think of many at all. The D this year bailed out Teddy countless times. I mean how can go 10-19 for 99 yds with a pick in a division title game and still win?

I wish Hutch was here so I could argue about this with him...

You don't always have to pass for 300 yards to win.

So Teddy had one game where he threw for less than 100 yards, ponder had three games where he threw for under 100 in his sophomore season.

Teddy has gone 17 - 11 in his first 28 starts Ponder was 12 - 16

In their sophomore seasons Teddy had one game where he threw multiple interceptions, Ponder had four games where he threw multiple interceptions.

Sophomore seasons QB rating 88.7 for Teddy - 81.2 for Ponder

Teddy threw for more passing yards on fewer attempts.

Teddy also didn't have a RB in his sophomore season who had the best season in the history of the league for a running back.

And maybe the most important part of this is even though it's not his fault Ponder was the 12th pick in the draft Teddy was the 32nd pick, there should be more pressure on a player drafted that much higher, again it wasn't Ponders fault he was picked where he was but it's still a reason people were more quick to jump on him than they are Teddy.

I can't speak for everyone but Ponder to me was a huge reach I believe he should have been a 3rd round pick but the Vikes felt they had to reach for someone. Teddy didn't feel like a reach to me, I watched him play multiple games at Louisville and he was usually the best player on the field, I seen Ponder play multiple games at Florida St. and I don't remember ever thinking he was the best player on the field.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish Hutch was here so I could argue about this with him...

You don't always have to pass for 300 yards to win.

So Teddy had one game where he threw for less than 100 yards, ponder had three games where he threw for under 100 in his sophomore season.

Teddy has gone 17 - 11 in his first 28 starts Ponder was 12 - 16

In their sophomore seasons Teddy had one game where he threw multiple interceptions, Ponder had four games where he threw multiple interceptions.

Sophomore seasons QB rating 88.7 for Teddy - 81.2 for Ponder

Teddy threw for more passing yards on fewer attempts.

Teddy also didn't have a RB in his sophomore season who had the best season in the history of the league for a running back.

And maybe the most important part of this is even though it's not his fault Ponder was the 12th pick in the draft Teddy was the 32nd pick, there should be more pressure on a player drafted that much higher, again it wasn't Ponders fault he was picked where he was but it's still a reason people were more quick to jump on him than they are Teddy.

I can't speak for everyone but Ponder to me was a huge reach I believe he should have been a 3rd round pick but the Vikes felt they had to reach for someone. Teddy didn't feel like a reach to me, I watched him play multiple games at Louisville and he was usually the best player on the field, I seen Ponder play multiple games at Florida St. and I don't remember ever thinking he was the best player on the field.

that was a good reply, thanks for taking the time to post that. My point all along is that I believe Bridewaters plays has been unimpressive this season and it reminded me of the 2012 team with Ponder. Obviously there are some stats that prove the Bridgewater was better than Ponder but knowing Ponder was pretty bad that is not much of a benchmark now is it?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a good reply, thanks for taking the time to post that. My point all along is that I believe Bridewaters plays has been unimpressive this season and it reminded me of the 2012 team with Ponder. Obviously there are some stats that prove the Bridgewater was better than Ponder but knowing Ponder was pretty bad that is not much of a benchmark now is it?

Not at all and I actually agree with your assessment (I think it was you) that we Vikings fans are so starved for a good QB that we might be giving a pass to Teddy just to feel good about the team, that might not be actually what you said but the point behind it is one I agree with.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all and I actually agree with your assessment (I think it was you) that we Vikings fans are so starved for a good QB that we might be giving a pass to Teddy just to feel good about the team, that might not be actually what you said but the point behind it is one I agree with.

I had said that, and caught some serious flack for it by another member. With the team at 11-5 and division championship I guess I should be content but like some of us who has been fans for 30+ years its a Super Bowl championship that I crave and I realize that unless our D turns into the 85 bears or Ravens of 2000? we will need much better QB play to achieve that.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I had said that, and caught some serious flack for it by another member. With the team at 11-5 and division championship I guess I should be content but like some of us who has been fans for 30+ years its a Super Bowl championship that I crave and I realize that unless our D turns into the 85 bears or Ravens of 2000? we will need much better QB play to achieve that.

I still think Teddy is able to be coached up, footwork and trusting himself to let the ball go are his worst problems.
I believe the QB we seen against the Cards, Broncos and a handfull of other games is the one who will lead the Vikes in the future.
Not because I'm so starved for good play from the position, but because the kid has great instincts, especially in clutch moments. Just one mans opinion..

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Teddy is able to be coached up, footwork and trusting himself to let the ball go are his worst problems.
I believe the QB we seen against the Cards, Broncos and a handfull of other games is the one who will lead the Vikes in the future.
Not because I'm so starved for good play from the position, but because the kid has great instincts, especially in clutch moments. Just one mans opinion..

That's a good opinion, I like him because unlike the last few QB's we've had he doesn't have a lot of those throw your hands up in amazement stupid plays.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good opinion, I like him because unlike the last few QB's we've had he doesn't have a lot of those throw your hands up in amazement stupid plays.

Except when he tried that lefty toss in his own territory lol.

That was so random for him