• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's one game I can't be angry at Walsh, he did his job. Overall, it was a competitive and entertaining game. Heartbreaker finish, but I'm still proud of the Vikings effort. We'll get the next one...

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was a tough one, too many mistakes in a very winnable game. Arizona really tried to give us this game with the conservative play calling. Norv Turner just f-in kills me. Teddy played his best game to date, in my opinion.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one game that Teddy was effective against the blitz, plus he had career high passing game with 335 yds. The duct tape defense did fine. We really had a good chance of winning that game. If we can get some players back healthy, we can finish this season on a positive note. Congrats to Adrian Peterson who scored his 100th career TD. GO VIKES!!!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed opportunities....but they played way better than I expected.

Finally using the TE's, who'd a thunk they'd be of use to help TB get rid of the ball quickly? I really think Rudolph can be one of the best in the game.

TB played well, a couple of drives were the best I've seen from this team in some time.

Wish they had tried a fg at the end instead of getting closer, you have to trust your players.

A little more help and depth on the OL and who knows what will happen next year.

Sure would be nice to get the prime time choke monkey off their back.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Missed opportunities....but they played way better than I expected.

Finally using the TE's, who'd a thunk they'd be of use to help TB get rid of the ball quickly? I really think Rudolph can be one of the best in the game.

TB played well, a couple of drives were the best I've seen from this team in some time.

Wish they had tried a fg at the end instead of getting closer, you have to trust your players.

A little more help and depth on the OL and who knows what will happen next year.

Sure would be nice to get the prime time choke monkey off their back.

That first drive was IMO, their best 1st drive to start a game with TB. Just very efficient all around. Gave me surprising hope.

I blame the last play of the game on Zimmerman. There was NO reason to try anything there, other than the FG. Too many variables that could've ended the game, and sure enough... one of them did. I know you don't want to leave time on the clock, but....

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Going to be REALLY interesting to see how they go about that.

Kalil if we pick up his option will cost us $11M!

Fusco. What a disaster he is turning into. He might be our worst OL this year. But Spielman isn't the type of GM that is going to give up on one of his big signings so you know he will be back.

Sullivan - Is he worth spending $5M on? If he can come back healthy...probably. But can he come back healthy? We would save $5M in cash and cap if we cut bait with him.

Harris - Has improved some but still a below average starter.

Clemmings -- Also improving but also a below average starter

Loadholt --- Will cost us $5M in cash but only save us $3.5M in cap if cut. Can he come back healthy?

Sadly Kalil might be our best option at LT moving forward and it is going to cost us too. So I bet he is back and they use his option price to work out a long term deal that costs (gulp) $40M+ over the next 5 years.

I have no idea what will happen with Sulivan and Loadholt. A lot will depend on whether or not the Vikes training staff think they can come back and stay healthy for next season.

Harris and Clemmings have improved....but if both come back as starters next year, it will be a failed offseason on Spielman's part IMO.

Really you can look at all 5 positions and find a way to move on from 4 of the 5. But it would cost us quite a chuck in FA or an early draft pick to try and improve there. Not sure how they will handle it all.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That first drive was IMO, their best 1st drive to start a game with TB. Just very efficient all around. Gave me surprising hope.

I blame the last play of the game on Zimmerman. There was NO reason to try anything there, other than the FG. Too many variables that could've ended the game, and sure enough... one of them did. I know you don't want to leave time on the clock, but....

The mistake IMO was taking the time out after the Teddy sacked with 46 seconds left. They line up and just spike the ball and it is 3rd and 11 with more than 35 seconds left. It is a little scary because that means you need 11 yards on one of the next two plays but with that little time left, you realistically need to do that anyways.

If they would have kept their timeout, it would have opened up the field more and not put Teddy in that has to be a TD or out of bounds situation.

But with the way Teddy looked scared and lost on that 2nd down, they should have just lined it up and kicked the FG with 13 seconds left because like you said....not a lot of good could have come out of that play with the way Turner was calling the plays and Teddy wasn't looking deep and only looking for an out of bounds route.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it wasn't for that last play, we would be praising Teddy's performance as a total success. I think he had a great night and the coaches should've went for the field goal simply because there was too little time left on the clock (I think 9 seconds). By far, Teddy's best statistical game. We as fans need to be patient with his progress, he will eventually come around.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a disappointing loss.

Teddy played great and it showed why we've all been calling for quick throws to guys in space. Rudolph should get targets at game.

Costly fumbles and god awful game mangement.

To end yet another 1st half we play ultra conservative and play for a FG?(see Oakland). But then needing a FG to tie and no TOs we try 3 straight pass plays with little to gain. Try it once ok. But no reason to even be having Teddy drop back on that last play.

It's just like with Favre. Both him and Teddy get some blame. But the plays never should have been happening.

Just dumb.

At least we did a lot of thing much better.

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard Tray Waynes had the start. What was his rating? Was he good? Decent? Sucks but promise? Suck, cut him?

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Heard Tray Waynes had the start. What was his rating? Was he good? Decent? Sucks but promise? Suck, cut him?

He did ok. He missed a couple assignments, acctually both long td's were blown coverages by him iirc. But all in all he did well.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I was ok with the decision to go for the win, or more yards at the end. Now, I would prefer that they went for a fg..lol

If it weren't for the two fumbles, and missed couple of picks the Vikes would have won that game easily.
If they can play with that same fire the rest of the season, they will win next three imo.
After some regressing, Teddy showed us why they drafted him again,

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Just an old retired Viking fan, looking to talk about my favorite team. I do recognize John_Randle on here, he always has that avie with his car. Hope everyone feels comfortable around me, I'm easy going with a good sense of humor...

Welcome Shadow, good to have more MVF here..:suds: Skol!!

I was never at CBS, I came over from Fox in '11.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Shadow, good to have more MVF here..:suds: Skol!!

I was never at CBS, I came over from Fox in '11.
My name use to be Tushay and I had the Gopher avie on FOX.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
This has been a great site overall.
Vikes thread is picking up a bit, but has been pretty slow in the past. That is what I miss about Fox, it was pretty busy on Vikes page for a number of years. I've been busy with work and family lately, so posting has been slow for me here as well.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This has been a great site overall.
Vikes thread is picking up a bit, but has been pretty slow in the past. That is what I miss about Fox, it was pretty busy on Vikes page for a number of years. I've been busy with work and family lately, so posting has been slow for me here as well.
I've been bouncing from site to site, keep running into problems with trolls. Everyone has been very friendly here. There is a guy named Simmion, came about the same time I did, he is real good guy. You will like him...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, I seen him post a couple times. Seems like a good guy.

They keep the trolling to a minimum here, almost non-existent.
If for some reason you have trouble with a troll, just bring it up to Hammer, he'll take care of it.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I seen him post a couple times. Seems like a good guy.

They keep the trolling to a minimum here, almost non-existent.
If for some reason you have trouble with a troll, just bring it up to Hammer, he'll take care of it.
That's great. Thanks...