• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's still better than Ponder.

Bridgewater is going to be in the league a LONG time. This is Ponder's last year in it and he is hanging around only because the Broncos were desperate because they were trying to develop a 3rd string rookie rather than rostering two game ready QB's behind Manning.

Looks like I spoke a little too early. It took the Broncos two weeks to determine an undrafted free agent rookie was a better option than Christian Ponder so they cut him today.

And that will be it for Ponder in the NFL now. I doubt he even gets looks as a training camp invite anymore.

I'd put the chances of Bridgewater developing into a legit starter as well under 50%. But I can't imagine he will be drummed out of the league so unceremoniously as Ponder just was in a couple of years.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey at least the worst we can possibly do is .500 this year right?! :whoo:

:yahoo:

I still think we see playoff football before the year is out. We can beat bad teams and that Giants and the Bears most certainly qualify as bad teams. We win those two games and there is almost no chance we miss out on the playoffs.

The Packers game was a slap in the face, the Seahawks game was a punch to the gut, and the game on Thursday is going to be a kick to the nuts. But we still are better than 10 NFC teams this year....just not good enough to compete with the top 4 teams in the conference.

This season is now all about week 17 and the wild card where we very likely could end up facing the Packers both weeks.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we should write off the Vikings this Thursday. Yes, it is a difficult road game, but if we take the same game plan approach the Rams took against them by pounding the ball with AP and Asiata, we will stand a better chance of keeping it close. Cardinals running backs are banged up right now, that is there weakness. On obvious passing plays, make Carson Palmer uncomfortable, he is more likely to make mistakes when hurried. Griffen needs to have a big game and make Palmer hear footsteps. Go Vikes!!!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any more stats on how Bridgewater has been better than Ponder?, wonder was Mr Hockey has to say about Bridgewaters play these days? he hasn't been better than Ponder, I'm sorry

Ponder just got cut again.

Holy shit are you stupid.

For the record...I wanted Carr. I win again.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure Ponder getting cut makes Bridgewater any better.

I do see some of the same things in TB that I saw in Ponder. At best an average arm, hesitation, and lately a lack of accuracy...and ineffective with the long ball. Not to mention too many dump offs on third downs that don't result in first downs.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

yeah I'm stupid..LOL

stick to analysis of Wild hockey

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Ponder getting cut makes Bridgewater any better.

I do see some of the same things in TB that I saw in Ponder. At best an average arm, hesitation, and lately a lack of accuracy...and ineffective with the long ball. Not to mention too many dump offs on third downs that don't result in first downs.

The worst thing about Teddy is that his performance is heading in the wrong direction. He is getting worse not better.

I really don't want to see Turner back next season. The game has passed him by. The current NFL is all about short passing game. Turner's deep passing system is now antiquated and he simply hasn't brought in enough new elements of the game into the current system.

Those offensive pass interference calls against Seattle were frustrating as hell (especially as the league hadn't been calling them like they should early on in the year)....but the one upside is that he finally called a couple of pick plays.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys be?

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys be?
Just an old retired Viking fan, looking to talk about my favorite team. I do recognize John_Randle on here, he always has that avie with his car. Hope everyone feels comfortable around me, I'm easy going with a good sense of humor...

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome Gents...I think being a Viking fan requires a good sense of humor, otherwise we'd be crying most of the time.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A prime time game against one of the better teams in the league, on the road, and the defense has a ton of injuries.

Do they even have a chance, will they even be in it by half time, do I need to buy a puppy to kick?

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A prime time game against one of the better teams in the league, on the road, and the defense has a ton of injuries.

Do they even have a chance, will they even be in it by half time, do I need to buy a puppy to kick?
It does look pretty grim, but the Vikings can win, they just need to play a flawless game. We had been lucky with injuries until recently, I just hope it doesn't take to long for everyone to mend. If Teddy takes over the game and plays like he did at Louisville; now that is the Teddy I have been waiting for. Right now, Teddy is holding the ball way too long causing the o-line to break down.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an old retired Viking fan, looking to talk about my favorite team. I do recognize John_Randle on here, he always has that avie with his car. Hope everyone feels comfortable around me, I'm easy going with a good sense of humor...
:yo:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The fat lady will tell you everything.

Shadow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game plan tonight, run the ball effectively. Keep the Cards offense off the field and chew up lots of clock, that will keep what we have left of a defense fresh. GO VIKINGS!!!