• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overall very pleased this season. I think the future is very bright for the team as we keep growing. Lost so many close games with a young QB thrown into the fire and the whole AP debacle.

By the new stadium in two years we could have a really good roster.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SKOL! :suds:

Despite all the adversity this Vikings team had to face this year, they actually turned out a halfway decent season.

I can't wait to see what they look like next year.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the new stadium in two years we could have a really good roster.

Going to be interesting as hell to see how Spielman goes about it the next couple of years. He has done a heck of a job getting enough young talent to go around. And we saw late in this season that Zimmer can get that defense working even with a lot of backups on the field.

Big offseason questions:
- Peterson of course.
- Do they want Greenway back as a primary LB.
- Do they keep on paying Jennings? Statistically speaking 63 catches for 773 yards and 5 TD's (his yearly average over the last two here in MN) isn't worth the $8.9 M he is scheduled to make. But he has been better than his stats would indicate IMO.
- Kalil. Can you trust him to be Teddy's LT after this season?

Until you answer those 4 questions, IMO there is no way to figure out how the Vike's will attack this coming offseason.

Before answering the 4 questions above, the only positions of real need are CB and LG moving forward. But if you subtract any of the players above, then that position becomes our biggest need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting as hell to see how Spielman goes about it the next couple of years. He has done a heck of a job getting enough young talent to go around. And we saw late in this season that Zimmer can get that defense working even with a lot of backups on the field.

Big offseason questions:
- Peterson of course.
- Do they want Greenway back as a primary LB.
- Do they keep on paying Jennings? Statistically speaking 63 catches for 773 yards and 5 TD's (his yearly average over the last two here in MN) isn't worth the $8.9 M he is scheduled to make. But he has been better than his stats would indicate IMO.
- Kalil. Can you trust him to be Teddy's LT after this season?

Until you answer those 4 questions, IMO there is no way to figure out how the Vike's will attack this coming offseason.

Before answering the 4 questions above, the only positions of real need are CB and LG moving forward. But if you subtract any of the players above, then that position becomes our biggest need.

Peterson - only if he comes back with a seriously reduced contract. I don't see it happening, based on his comments a few weeks ago about how it might be better for him to start fresh somewhere else.

Greenway - sounds like he wants to come back and is willing to do so at a discount. How big remains to be seen.

Tough to say with regards to Jennings. I'd say they have to keep him, because they have no depth at WR and you still don't know what you have in Patterson.

Kalil - again, tough to say. He showed a resurgence in the last few games... but two years of decline after his stellar rookie season.... The entire offensive line was in shambles due to injuries and such.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Peterson - only if he comes back with a seriously reduced contract. I don't see it happening, based on his comments a few weeks ago about how it might be better for him to start fresh somewhere else.

Greenway - sounds like he wants to come back and is willing to do so at a discount. How big remains to be seen.

Tough to say with regards to Jennings. I'd say they have to keep him, because they have no depth at WR and you still don't know what you have in Patterson.

Kalil - again, tough to say. He showed a resurgence in the last few games... but two years of decline after his stellar rookie season.... The entire offensive line was in shambles due to injuries and such.

Peterson for me is a no brainer keep even if he doesn't change his contract. You can split that contract in half and sign two players and they still wouldn't have the impact Peterson does IMO.

Greenway back at a discount is great but I still think he needs to be the #3 LB on the team. Personally I still have my eye on SF with the idea that Willis is going to be a cap casualty. Get him as our middle and Greenway wouldn't even be needed IMO unless he signed for a paltry $1-$2 million single year deal. But we have to see what happens too. One option I am not a gigantic fan of (hoping for a bigger impact) but must be pointed out at this point is that Zimmer's old MLB Malaluga is a FA this offseason. Not sure I would be willing to use the #11 on Shaq Thompson but that is an option the team will have to weigh too.

Jennings. A little bit of a tough call but I bring him back. He's a good WR. Might be slightly overpaid but all vets are slightly overpaid.

Kalil. I roll the dice and move forward with him at LT. I take a LT development guy in the 3rd-5th round in the draft. Kalil's brother had a really similar career path as Matt has had so far: Good initially, slides the next couple of years, and then has his best season in his contract year. And next year is Matt's contract year so I expect to see a better version of him this coming season.

Knowing how I answer the questions above, I target probably WR or CB with our 1st round pick. I've been looking at the draft board for the last couple of days and I really think that the Vikes are going to have a shot at taking Amare Cooper. The top 4 teams in the draft are the teams we have to be scared of taking him off the board and I just think a team is going to have a tough time drafting a WR of his size that high. And if he slips by the Raider's at #4, he drops to at least #9 in all likelihood where the Vikes could go get him and it would only cost a 3rd rounder or so. I'd happily do that for him. After that the fall back would be another WR (Bridgewater's old teammate Parker) or a CB if we don't find an upgrade in FA.

....but a long ways to go before all this starts to play out. I will only change my mind 324 times between now and draft day on what I hope to see!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sign Fitz, keep Peterson, use your 1st round pick on a CB and the 2nd on a LB. That would be a solid offseason.

I quit listening to rumors really after the 3r or 4th time they make it around so I doubt this happens. Naturally I was shocked when Favre landed in MN because at that point I had stopped listening.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure there is a Corner worth taken at 11.

In the 1st take Andrus Peat and move Kalil to LG.

In the 2nd hope P.J. Williams makes it to us...

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This last part is pretty cool to see:

Last Sunday’s game was the best game I have seen all season. The defense and offense played with heart and composure and had on-field leadership and team mentality. When I saw Coach Zimmer talk about Xavier Rhodes in the after-game presser and saw him take a minute to collect himself when he discussed Xavier's appreciation of help getting better, I realized we have a good coach. All of the above, with some additions and subtractions, will mold this into a team with the ability, coaching, team mentality and heart to win. Good feeling for a long-time Vikings fan. Go Vikes!
-- Don L.
Lanesboro, MN

That Bridgewater and Rhodes both sought Zimmer after the season finale – Bridgewater to give Zimmer a game ball and congratulate him on his first division win and Rhodes to thank his coach for helping him improve – tells you how this team feels about its head coach. I share in Don’s optimism about the direction of the Vikings, and I know much of the fan base does, as well. This is an important offseason for the franchise as it looks to use the momentum and optimism generated from Zimmer’s first season at the helm to build a team that can compete consistently for many seas

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge congrats to Mick Tinglehoff on his entry into the hall of fame. It's about time! I believe he had to wait so long because they didn't want to put to many of those Vikings that lost 4 Super Bowls in the Hall. The man was a 5 time 1st team all pro Center and never missed a game in his career.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Adrian in a Cowboys uniform as long as we get something in return. I love the guy as a player and he's already IMO one of the top 5 backs of all time but he turns 30 next month and we all know what happens when backs hit 30...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Adrian in a Cowboys uniform as long as we get something in return. I love the guy as a player and he's already IMO one of the top 5 backs of all time but he turns 30 next month and we all know what happens when backs hit 30...

Adrian is not your run of the mill back.

He is going to come back a monster next year. And it better be in purple.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adrian is not your run of the mill back.

He is going to come back a monster next year. And it better be in purple.

You might notice I just said IMO he's top 5 all time so it's unlikely I think he's "run of the mill" But he's over 2,000 carries and a power back, those backs do not tend to age well.

I love AD and if I thought the Vikings were a Super Bowl contender next year i'd say hang onto him but i'm not sure they are, maybe I've just been a Vikes fan so long i'm expecting them to let me down.

Would I be upset if he stays? Of course not, i'd love to see him retire a Viking. He's easily in my top 5 favorite Vikings of all time...

PackManDan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you guys feel about Bridgewater? Are you sold on him being your franchise QB?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how do you guys feel about Bridgewater? Are you sold on him being your franchise QB?

Might not be a fair question being we haven't had a QB in what seems forever. I like him and he's given me more hope than Travisty Jackson and Christian Laettner combined!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love Teddy and can't wait to see what he does with a full year of the offense. He was thrown into the fire, with a shit oline, no runnin game and a average at best/injured receiving game.

I am very optimistic there.

And Nos, yeah I picked up on your top 5 comment lol. Just saying the rules don't apply to Adrian. He came back from a torn ACL as fast as possible and nearly broke a historic record.

We are not a legit SB contender but we were 7-9 last year losing many toss up games. Assuming we add to our other areas of need...we gotta keep AP. This team can compete. Just gotta get in the playoffs to have a chance.

Next years schedule is tough though. Beating the Bears gave us a couple harder games as well. Falcons/Giants instead of Bucs/Redskins.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Loving Bridgewater. Feels good to have a guy finally holding it down at QB again. Great rookie campaign and looking great for the future. Would love to see AP come back to pair up with him. I don't think SB 50 would be totally out of the question if they can land a good WR and solidify the defense a bit more.