• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Not even a little bit. But in my opinion this team is closer to a 5 - 11 team than it is to a 11 - 5 team. There are some good players in place but without a QB it's going to be difficult and the team ranked 31st in defense, I could be wrong but all those yards weren't given up playing prevent. 31st against the pass is not the sign of a good team, 16th against the run isn't horrible but how much of that is teams knew they could pass all day on us? I hope like crazy i'm wrong and they go out there this year and go 13 - 3 and make a run to the Super Bowl but being a fan for 40 years has taught me not to get my hopes up...

I hear that!!

They won't go into the season without a veteran QB. I'm thinking offensively they'll be ok, and I mean just ok. Last season, even with the carousel of qb's they finished middle of the road. 15th I believe.
Defensively is where they'll need to be coached up, it'll be interesting to see what Zimmer can do with these guys.
A MLB and CB alone could change the D dramatically from last year, assuming that Zimmer can get the most out of the players that are here...of course.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

I hear that!!

They won't go into the season without a veteran QB. I'm thinking offensively they'll be ok, and I mean just ok. Last season, even with the carousel of qb's they finished middle of the road. 15th I believe.
Defensively is where they'll need to be coached up, it'll be interesting to see what Zimmer can do with these guys.
A MLB and CB alone could change the D dramatically from last year, assuming that Zimmer can get the most out of the players that are here...of course.

I agree, but who is there to go get? I am a little worried about that.

Having Patterson on the field all the time can only help, as long as they can get a serviceable QB I think the offense will be fine.

It would not surprise me to see the vikes draft a CB early maybe as early as round 2 depending on what they do in round 1. I just pray they don't take Carr at 8.

The good news is the defense can go nowhere but up. Zimmer should help that along quite a bit.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...rumors are around that we're getting McCown...how'd you guys feel about that?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...rumors are around that we're getting McCown...how'd you guys feel about that?

I personally don't like it, he will be 35 at the beginning of the season and there is a reason he's been with 4 teams in 10 years and has only started 38 games in his career. Last years good showing with the Bears is the exception not the rule. But with that said who else they gonna go get? Schaub?

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Doesnt really matter. I fully expect Norv to work miracles with Ponder...

Or McCown, Freeman, Vick, Cassel...etc..etc..
I think any one of them would do well under Norv.
I don't necessarily want to see any of them here, but I think they would do well enough for a season or two.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I agree, but who is there to go get? I am a little worried about that.

Having Patterson on the field all the time can only help, as long as they can get a serviceable QB I think the offense will be fine.

It would not surprise me to see the vikes draft a CB early maybe as early as round 2 depending on what they do in round 1. I just pray they don't take Carr at 8.

The good news is the defense can go nowhere but up. Zimmer should help that along quite a bit.

I think so too,
I believe he could take the very same defense that played last season, and get more productivity out of them.
His defense is aggressive, and productive. I can't wait to see the results.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we REALLY need to keep Cassel and sign a youngster to train up. Which youngster, I don't know...but one of them.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE John Carlson getting cut tomorrow :(

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TE John Carlson getting cut tomorrow :(

Money well spent! I got ripped by some Vikings fans on cBS for saying that was one of the worst signings in a long time... :frusty:

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Money well spent! I got ripped by some Vikings fans on cBS for saying that was one of the worst signings in a long time... :frusty:

I wouldn't say that, but the poor guy's injuries have been pretty bad.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
It's too bad for him, he was having a decent season filling in for Rudolph.
That could have helped his value. I'm sure teams will shy away, if he does get a gig, it'll be at vet minimum.
He might as well retire,

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOVzXYEU3Bk]Iron Maiden - Wasted Years - YouTube[/ame]