• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minnesota Vikings re-sign Matt Cassel for 2 years - ESPN

It's not on the Vikes website yet, so maybe take with a grain of salt...
Extending Casssel for another 2-3 years would be the right move. There ae no other potential immediately better prospects, either in free agency or the draft, to be had over Cassel - he is the best option for the Vikings at this point, going into the 2014 season. The only way they could possibly do better would be to sell the farm and thensome for a proven QB from another team, which will obviously never happen. Stick with Cassel for a couple years, and have a 2nd or 3rd round QB from this year's draft study under him. Use the 1st rounder on BPA.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you imagine having AD, Patterson and Sproles on the field at the same time? Ummm, that would be a good thing...
But he wasn't a good player for fantasy football, man! *end sarcasm*

Seriously, screw fantansy football. All I care about is the Vikings getting the W's. Formulate the team that can make that happen, and I don't give a shit what fantasy football leaguers have to say about the stats of the players.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather sit and watch one of the cheerleaders play qb then cassel with hopes that mettenberger can be good.

If this is our approach were probably screwed unless zimmer is a miracle worker.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather sit and watch one of the cheerleaders play qb then cassel with hopes that mettenberger can be good.

If this is our approach were probably screwed unless zimmer is a miracle worker.

Ain't a whole lot of choices... To be honest as long as they don't take Johnny (set your franchise back 5 years) Manziel or Derek Carr with their first pick i'll be good.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's good Lady,
I like to see the Minnesota boys keep playing. What's Speath up too these days? lol

No idea lol

Minnesota Vikings re-sign Matt Cassel for 2 years - ESPN

It's not on the Vikes website yet, so maybe take with a grain of salt...

I hope it's true, he's pretty much the top FA QB around these days. Glad to have him a couple more years.

But he wasn't a good player for fantasy football, man! *end sarcasm*

Seriously, screw fantansy football. All I care about is the Vikings getting the W's. Formulate the team that can make that happen, and I don't give a shit what fantasy football leaguers have to say about the stats of the players.

Jesus Christ! Sproles didn't get yards, didn't get touchdowns. I realize players are important for other things (blocking, distraction, etc etc) but you want a RB for points, no? What the hell is the point of a RB that doesn't score points?

Last season he played 15 games, rushed 53 times for 220 yards, 14.7 yards per game, 2 touchdowns, 71 receptions for 604 yards, 40.3 yards per game, 2 touchdowns, and two fumbles.

If you want to shell out millions for a RB who averages 55 yards a game, four touchdowns a year, and two fumbles a year, I definitely fucking don't.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea lol

I hope it's true, he's pretty much the top FA QB around these days. Glad to have him a couple more years.

Jesus Christ! Sproles didn't get yards, didn't get touchdowns. I realize players are important for other things (blocking, distraction, etc etc) but you want a RB for points, no? What the hell is the point of a RB that doesn't score points?

Last season he played 15 games, rushed 53 times for 220 yards, 14.7 yards per game, 2 touchdowns, 71 receptions for 604 yards, 40.3 yards per game, 2 touchdowns, and two fumbles.

If you want to shell out millions for a RB who averages 55 yards a game, four touchdowns a year, and two fumbles a year, I definitely fucking don't.

Sproles three seasons in New Orleans he had 86, 75 & 71 receptions. Sure he had only 2 td's receiving last year but he had 7 his other two years with the Saints. He would not be on the team to run the ball, we pretty much have that covered, he would be on the team to give the defense another player to worry about to go with AD, Patterson & Rudolph. I think we would have to be crazy not to want him on our team.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could us a decent CB, no lie.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok a couple realistic free agents I would like to see the Vikes go after.

Alterraun Verner - CB - Tennessee Titans... Pretty good player and is only 25 years old.

Vinny Rey - ILB - Cincinnati Bengals... Pretty good player who isn't well known but could be a steal, he's restricted but the Bungles have Maualuga

Lamarr Houston - DE - Oakland Raiders... Very good player, probably the Raiders best player and who wouldn't wanna get out of Oakland?

Geoff Schwartz - OG - Kansas City Chiefs... Played very well for the Chiefs last year and should have a good 4 solid years left and Johnson needs to go.

Major Wright - SS - Chicago Bears... Wasn't great last year but has the ability to be much better and is better than Sanford.

Now obviously we aren't signing all these guys but 2 or 3 of them wouldnt be bad. I would really like 2 of the first three guys I listed...

I posted this February 11th... Let's go down the list Vikes :suds:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I posted this February 11th... Let's go down the list Vikes :suds:

My guess is the Vikes might get one top free agent, and anyone else they pick up will be more of the no-name variety..

I would be pretty happy if the one top guy was Verner..

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree. Supposedly going to cost in the 10-12 mil a year range.

Lets put that in perspective for a sec, shall we? Last year, the Denver Broncos (lost the super bowl) had 7 guys on their roster making more than 2 million a year. only TWO guys making more than 3 mil a year.

1 was Manning at 15 mil.

1 was Champ Bailey at just under 10.

You dont need a lot of money guys to win games. You need guys that play as a team.

Now, on the other side of that coin, the Hags. Won the super bowl. Their highest paid player was on IR (Sidney Rice). Yes, THAT Sidney Rice. Other than Rices 8.5 mil, there was 2 guys making 7 mil (1 of them their RB, the other their LT), 1 at 6.8 mil (a TE), Bryant (DE) at 6.6 mil, and Clemmons (DE) at 6 mil.

Dont need high buck players to win.

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Met,
That's why I'm wondering how much of a run they'll really make at Verner.
They know they will need to groom their new qb for a couple seasons, they'll most likely have a rookie MLB, DT and OG.
Will they spend the money knowing they probably won't make any kind of serious runs at a championship for at least a year, maybe two?

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Supposedly going to cost in the 10-12 mil a year range.

Lets put that in perspective for a sec, shall we? Last year, the Denver Broncos (lost the super bowl) had 7 guys on their roster making more than 2 million a year. only TWO guys making more than 3 mil a year.

1 was Manning at 15 mil.

1 was Champ Bailey at just under 10.

You dont need a lot of money guys to win games. You need guys that play as a team.

Now, on the other side of that coin, the Hags. Won the super bowl. Their highest paid player was on IR (Sidney Rice). Yes, THAT Sidney Rice. Other than Rices 8.5 mil, there was 2 guys making 7 mil (1 of them their RB, the other their LT), 1 at 6.8 mil (a TE), Bryant (DE) at 6.6 mil, and Clemmons (DE) at 6 mil.

Dont need high buck players to win.

Yeah, it helps to draft well...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Yeah Nos,
I think coaching can make a huge difference, we just might see players who we thought sucked under Fraziers staff, really excel under Zimmers staff.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Nos,
I think coaching can make a huge difference, we just might see players who we thought sucked under Fraziers staff, really excel under Zimmers staff.

Christ, I hope so.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Christ, I hope so.

family-guy-jesus-dance.gif

Lady,
I hope so too...

Christ.

ladyrockess