• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes Fans 2.0

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I agree. My heart wants JA back, but I think Griffen at this point is the better move.

What the hell Met?
I didn't see you sneak in last night.
I would love to have Allen back, and sign Griffen to a long term deal.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes could definitely use a couple guards on the o-line. Unless they can get some good play out of Fusco and the rookie from last year Baca.
D-line is a big question mark, not sure who will be around after free agency opens.

I think Baca will do quite well. I hope so, anyway.

What the hell Met?

Yeah, those two are very important to our team...horribly afraid we'll lose Allen.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see a high probability of them signing Johnson from Cincy. Between him, Griffen, and Allen... I mean all 3 of them are clearly starters in this league. You aint going to spend big bucks to sit someone on the bench and back up one of the others. So, really, they will only sign 1 of those 3. I mean lets be businessmen about it, thats the smart move from the money side of football.

Zimmer has a history with Johnson whereas he doesnt with Allen or Griffen, but I dont think that will really matter. Frankly, I think it will come down to which of those 3 they can get the cheapest. And in THAT regard, I think Griffen will work for the least.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell Met?

I guess im in the minority, I think they should let Allen go, give him a chance to win before he is done, he isn't winning a title in Minnesota, I like him and hope he can get one somewhere else.

Zimmer does have a history with Johnson so that should help if we go after him, I really would like to get him and keep Griffen but thats unlikely to happen.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I guess im in the minority, I think they should let Allen go, give him a chance to win before he is done, he isn't winning a title in Minnesota, I like him and hope he can get one somewhere else.

Zimmer does have a history with Johnson so that should help if we go after him, I really would like to get him and keep Griffen but thats unlikely to happen.

They can't stop him, if he stays, it'll be because he wants to.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I see a high probability of them signing Johnson from Cincy. Between him, Griffen, and Allen... I mean all 3 of them are clearly starters in this league. You aint going to spend big bucks to sit someone on the bench and back up one of the others. So, really, they will only sign 1 of those 3. I mean lets be businessmen about it, thats the smart move from the money side of football.

Zimmer has a history with Johnson whereas he doesnt with Allen or Griffen, but I dont think that will really matter. Frankly, I think it will come down to which of those 3 they can get the cheapest. And in THAT regard, I think Griffen will work for the least.

They can get Griffen cheaper than the other two, and he can play inside as well. I could see him getting a long term deal, and Allen getting a 2 year deal if he stays.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I don't like that idea...They could use him.
I can see where you're coming from, but there's no guarantee he gets a ring if he leaves.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't like that idea...They could use him.
I can see where you're coming from, but there's no guarantee he gets a ring if he leaves.

There is a guarantee he doesn't get one if he stays. We need to get younger, no reason to have high priced older players on a team thats gonna win 6 games. As much as I love AD if they could trade him they should, I know that sounds crazy but he's being wasted and he's one of my all time favorites I would love to see him win...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Vikings were less than 5 minutes away from an 11-5 record last year and a division crown. It wont take a lot to get this team in shape.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings were less than 5 minutes away from an 11-5 record last year and a division crown. It wont take a lot to get this team in shape.

Good teams don't lose that many close games. Without a QB you don't have a chance unless AD goes for 2000 again and the defense could lose a few key players, this team isn't as close as you might think.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good teams can lose all their games if they have lost faith in the coaching staff. K Will and Robi both called out the DC (Williams) on his playcalling before the Nov 7th game. From that point on, we didnt lose many. Good team WILL lose if the coaches allow them to lose.

Bad playcalling. Bad decisions. Rhodes only started 6 games last year. WTF? Patterson only started 5 games last year. I could go on and on. This team wasnt as bad as its record.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lost faith they wouldn't have been in so many close games, they must have been trying at some point. I can't blame it all on coaching (although it did suck) at some point the guys on the field have to take some responsibility.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well, I guess its the players fault that they went into the "prevent" then...

Has ANY "prevent" D ever worked, on any team, ever?

But Im sure youre right. It was the players...

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
There is a guarantee he doesn't get one if he stays. We need to get younger, no reason to have high priced older players on a team thats gonna win 6 games. As much as I love AD if they could trade him they should, I know that sounds crazy but he's being wasted and he's one of my all time favorites I would love to see him win...

I think you're underestimating the value of what a good coach, and a good aggressive scheme can do. I don't believe they will over pay Allen, but rather give him a fair price for what he's worth. If he stays great, if not, too bad for us.
I'm not going into the season thinking they'll go 16-0, but they could, just as they could go 0-16..

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
If they lost faith they wouldn't have been in so many close games, they must have been trying at some point. I can't blame it all on coaching (although it did suck) at some point the guys on the field have to take some responsibility.

Yeah, I don't think the players gave up either, if they had, they wouldn't have been in the close games to begin with.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JohnRandle;4598355[B said:
]I think you're underestimating the value of what a good coach, and a good aggressive scheme can do[/B]. I don't believe they will over pay Allen, but rather give him a fair price for what he's worth. If he stays great, if not, too bad for us.
I'm not going into the season thinking they'll go 16-0, but they could, just as they could go 0-16..

Not even a little bit. But in my opinion this team is closer to a 5 - 11 team than it is to a 11 - 5 team. There are some good players in place but without a QB it's going to be difficult and the team ranked 31st in defense, I could be wrong but all those yards weren't given up playing prevent. 31st against the pass is not the sign of a good team, 16th against the run isn't horrible but how much of that is teams knew they could pass all day on us? I hope like crazy i'm wrong and they go out there this year and go 13 - 3 and make a run to the Super Bowl but being a fan for 40 years has taught me not to get my hopes up...

Last edited by a moderator: