• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
We have need for a taller bulkier WR with speed and a WR or 2 with speed. IN general, we need more speed at the skill positions. We also need to be throwing to the RBs more both out of the backfield and up seams. We do need to upgrade toward a taller wider TE in the Gronk mold for 3rd down conversions.

what we really need FIRST is a better passing QB. you can add all the receiving pieces you want, but without a GOOD passer..................

Next would be more consistent pass protection, but easier said than done since there are five main blockers, not one.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
getting back to the topic of this thread, I wouldn't try very hard to re-sign Crabtree. he cannot get open unless he gets help on pick plays.

I now wonder about Iupati too, not that he isn't any good, but considering how much we'd have to spend?

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what we really need FIRST is a better passing QB. you can add all the receiving pieces you want, but without a GOOD passer..................

Next would be more consistent pass protection, but easier said than done since there are five main blockers, not one.

Couldn't agree with you more. You can have all the great ingredients, but if you have a lousy chef, the food will be terrible. Unless the Niners get a QB who has intelligence and accuracy, it won't matter if they had Megatron and Jordy Nelson. Kap couldn't hit the side of a barn.

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we hold onto Crabby-patties and also Vernon Davis seems as though he is a physical mess and he never reaches above his head and that makes me think he has some sort of permanent injury(Shoulder area). Will there be any WRs or TEs available in FA?

I think someone should start a Rosterbation thread (there is one on the San Francisco Giants Board) so we can discuss future moves for the Niners. I think we are stuck with Kaep for now (he may get better) but I would be looking for a replacement that is more of a traditional QB (Pocket passer).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we hold onto Crabby-patties and also Vernon Davis seems as though he is a physical mess and he never reaches above his head and that makes me think he has some sort of permanent injury(Shoulder area). Will there be any WRs or TEs available in FA?

I think someone should start a Rosterbation thread (there is one on the San Francisco Giants Board) so we can discuss future moves for the Niners. I think we are stuck with Kaep for now (he may get better) but I would be looking for a replacement that is more of a traditional QB (Pocket passer).

Crabtree does seem to be injury prone. Davis has been pretty good up until this year. I think Kaepernick will get one more year.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
they showed one replay of Vernon davis running downfield, he didn't look like his old self. in fact, he looked like he was laboring?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than Mariota(sp), don't want Wineston(sp), are there any QB longshots that anyone would like to give a shot to in case Kaep doesn't grow as a QB next year.

P.S. My point of view has been skeptical from he the get go with Kaep because I will almost always prefer a pocket QB although I haven't given up on Kaep I am wary.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not expect any big name free agency signings this year. This has never been Balke's MO and there isn't the cap room for it anyway.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Other than Mariota(sp), don't want Wineston(sp), are there any QB longshots that anyone would like to give a shot to in case Kaep doesn't grow as a QB next year.

P.S. My point of view has been skeptical from he the get go with Kaep because I will almost always prefer a pocket QB although I haven't given up on Kaep I am wary.

yes, at this point we now know Kaep isn't good enough from the pocket. But do feel he is good OVERALL or at least above average.

yes we do need a pocket passer cause that's the NFL. S0 Baalke should be looking for the next QB, whether for 2016 or 2017 or whenever he's better than Kaep?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver will Franchise D. Thomas and let J. Thomas test the market. If Im the 49ers I jump on this and then try and trade VD. Just my opinion. Again it also depends how much he wants. If he wants to pass Graham then I say no.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Denver will Franchise D. Thomas and let J. Thomas test the market. If Im the 49ers I jump on this and then try and trade VD. Just my opinion. Again it also depends how much he wants. If he wants to pass Graham then I say no.

not a problem if they 'feel him out', but don't we use TE's for a lot of blocking? Supposedly, Tomsula will continue with the power running game.

can't see him signing for anything 'cheap'?

Sandisfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I keep say this and it was something someone mentioned elsewhere on another sight over a year and half ago...Vernon Davis has a problem lifting his arms or catching any passes that are high.... I believe he has a permanent injury or limitation, as such his days of being a receiving threat are over.

P.S. Ever since I read about V. D.'s limitation I looked for to see if it might be true and after the observation by the writer I never saw him reach above his head and that was probably, including games missed due to injury, was over 20 games played and there were some plays where reaching above his head was an option.

P.S. Getting anything for V.D. would be a plus...He has some value as a blocker and occasional pass receiver or decoy. As such a replacement is needed especially as his salary is to high with his limitations and if we can snooker another team to take the salary or most of it that would be a good move.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL is changing Field goals for the pro bowl. They need to stop messing with this game. They want to make it longer and shorten the post fro 18'6 ft to 14ft apart. No one cares about FGs. extra points are suppose to be easy, the team just earned a TD.

Just stop NFL.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cross Gordon off the list. Looks like he might me ban for a year for falling a test again.

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Put Gordon back up on the list...buy him cheap for a 6th or 7th and rehab him up...latest drug bust for alcohol which violates terms of conduct due to DUI in summer of 2014. Take a cheap flyer on him...low risk gamble...not classy though...

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really feel like the team needs to upgrade at the CB position either in Free Agency or the draft. I wouldn't mind keeping Cox and Culliver but they need to keep Iupati. I feel like Crabtree could be replaced in the draft.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ok with trading for Gordon but I wouldn't give up much to do so.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ok with trading for Gordon but I wouldn't give up much to do so.

5th rd pick is the highest I would go and I would give for next years draft not this year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are some options to go after.

Back up QB: Jimmy Clausen, Ponder or Locker

RB: Gore
back up option: Ridley or McFadden
WR: Go all in on Maclin or Cobb
back up option: Britt, Nicks or Royal. Let Crabtree go
Dream pick up: Dez or Thomas(both will get tagged if not signed by their teams).
TE: J. Thomas, Cameron or Clay
This means I want to trade VD.
Guard: Let Iupati go. play martin or Thomas.
Back up: Draft one or sign a low tier guard
DE: Orakpo, Hardy or Clayborn. Need Depth.
DT: Again I would go all in on Suh if we lose Smith.
back up option: Fairley or Mosley
CB: Flowers or Cromartie(stop gap) Resign Cox and let Cully go
back up plan: For Depth only; House, Thurmond, Brown(come back)
S: Just for Depth. Not looking for a starter. Insurance for Reid. Nate Allen, Mike Adams or Ron Parker.

Yes I know we cant do all these moves but I hope we can get a CB and Dline in the FA class. Plus a WR. I think trying to land Maclin or Cobb should be #1 on the list. Also I really think trading VD and picking up Clay or Cameron would be a good move.