• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPCOMING FREE AGENTS THIS YEAR AND NEXT

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not going to count on AD and if you have the money it wouldn't hurt to bring in at least one or two guys as FA's that could start or compete for the starting job.

me neither, but if AD does come in and play well....good bonus! But we can't go into the draft assuming he can play well.

I will guess the first free agent signing, will be an OG. He might not be a Pro Bowler, but good enough to slot as a starter.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me neither, but if AD does come in and play well....good bonus! But we can't go into the draft assuming he can play well.

I will guess the first free agent signing, will be an OG. He might not be a Pro Bowler, but good enough to slot as a starter.

Pretty please no Pears nightmare anymore...maybe we can sign a wet paper bag, that would be an upgrade.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kilgore is pretty good also. Boone is ok.

Boone is a Free Agent and might not come back so the reality is they only have 1 legit starter, I think Kilgore could be pretty good but I don't think one season as a starter then an injury plagued year is enough sample size to put that kind of label on him.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
haaa.

Guessing a FA OG who was starting in the NFL last season. At least started some games if not all 16.

I think there are a decent number of starting OG's in this years FA class and RT's as well.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there are a decent number of starting OG's in this years FA class and RT's as well.

good!

was thinking we'd sign an OG early, then draft another C or OG Round 3 or 4? Maybe even Round 2? But also ok if we sign two FA's for the interior offensive line, clearly it is in dire need of talent.

i would TRY to leave OT open till after the draft, granted easier said than done. My reason is a good LT prospect like Stanley (Tunsil?) could end up our BPA?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, we could dress up a mannequin in a football uniform and it would be an upgrade over Pears. At least it wouldn't get holding penalties

Probably could have played with Bell at the position and had better blocking. It was such a shame guys like Tiller that were sitting on the PS didn't get a shot due to youth // real game experience...coaches would rather see our QB's doing the hokey pokey slam after dropping back three steps.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably could have played with Bell at the position and had better blocking. It was such a shame guys like Tiller that were sitting on the PS didn't get a shot due to youth // real game experience...coaches would rather see our QB's doing the hokey pokey slam after dropping back three steps.
I know same can be said about Hodges. They make the trade and then sit him for Wilhoite who was ranked the worst MLB in the league. Hodges made a difference once he started. We better not bring Wilhoite back.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know same can be said about Hodges. They make the trade and then sit him for Wilhoite who was ranked the worst MLB in the league. Hodges made a difference once he started. We better not bring Wilhoite back.

Yep that was an instant upgrade...two Pen State boys in the middle. Can we upgrade over Hodges? Yes I think so, but as far as putting the most talent on the roster at that position...he is currently the answer.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Could former Rams Laurinaitis and Long intrigue 49ers?

Laurenitis ranks 59th out of 60, no thanks. Long is declined precipitously in the last two years, again no thanks. Not to mention Baalke probably doesn't want to repeat last year's "error" at DE. hmm, i already forget the guy's name from the Cardinals??!!

But in the larger picture, we won't be surprised if Baalke signs a few vets to fill these needs. He's been doing it every year with 'smaller' names, bringing better value. BTW - yes you almost always overpay for free agents, but some are grossly overpaid, and some not as bad. So overpaying less is what i mean by 'better value' in this case.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind taking one of them. We can use all the help.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving looking at Atlanta and Jags. Looks like 49ers might be out on him. looks like 49ers #1 target is CB Smith and CB Jenkins. Lets hope we land 1.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty please no Pears nightmare anymore...maybe we can sign a wet paper bag, that would be an upgrade.
The team could dress up a store mannequin in a 49ers uniform and put it out there and it couldn't be any worse than Pears. At least the Mannequin wouldn't get holding penalties after being beatin by a pass rusher.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could former Rams Laurinaitis and Long intrigue 49ers?

Laurenitis ranks 59th out of 60, no thanks. Long is declined precipitously in the last two years, again no thanks. Not to mention Baalke probably doesn't want to repeat last year's "error" at DE. hmm, i already forget the guy's name from the Cardinals??!!

But in the larger picture, we won't be surprised if Baalke signs a few vets to fill these needs. He's been doing it every year with 'smaller' names, bringing better value. BTW - yes you almost always overpay for free agents, but some are grossly overpaid, and some not as bad. So overpaying less is what i mean by 'better value' in this case.

Yep, don't want either from the Rams. They haven't done either recently.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are we doing. I dont like not hearing about the 49ers. Only name i have seen us involved in has been that PR/KR from KC, CB Smith (who i hope we land) and RB martin(no clue why we would want him.)

Lets Go front office do something. Get your fan base excited.