• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu wants to play for the 9ers

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's very small. I have a hard time seeing him tackle guys like Fitz and Megatron Not to mention guys like Gronk, Graham, and VD.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does he really translate that well to the NFL? He seems small.

He has some Cortland Finegan in him, so I think he'd be alright. I'd draft him in the 3rd round and consider late 2nd. Worst case, he'd be a good nickel back and core special team player.

Robert Alford is about the same size and is also considered a 2nd-3rd round possibility.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He has some Cortland Finegan in him, so I think he'd be alright. I'd draft him in the 3rd round and consider late 2nd. Worst case, he'd be a good nickel back and core special team player.

Robert Alford is about the same size and is also considered a 2nd-3rd round possibility.

What does that mean that you have some Cortland Fineggan in you? When you cannot tackle a big WR you'll latch onto his facemask and get into a fight?

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does that mean that you have some Cortland Fineggan in you? When you cannot tackle a big WR you'll latch onto his facemask and get into a fight?

Haha- no. Fast, scrappy and tough, yet undersized.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That guy can play and wouldn't mind taking a flyer on him late. Worst case scenario is... hopeless drug addiction. If he gets by that little issue and he can't swing it in the secondary you still get an awesome RS. Best case scenario is he can hold it down and be a good ballhawk FS, and absolutely shreds as a returner. He'd be a good stab with one of the million extra picks we have if everyone else passes. I wouldn't do anything before the 5th though based on his history.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I wouldn't knock him based on size alone. The kid can play. I'm not suggesting we use a high pick on him, I just love his game and am pulling for him, for some reason.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
we also need to cover the quicker WR's, guys who get open fast and get the RAC's. so IF Mathieu is a very good cover guy, why not?

but yeah, do use the right draft pick.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to play for 49ers as well. Wishes don't always come true.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if their due diligence shows he doesn't fit, then just pass.

Unless of course he was a FQB then you pull the trigger and take that pick regardless of whether or not he fits your scheme and you already have 19 FQB's on the team - right?

Hey, I'm starting to see your genius! Even though we would go 0-16 every year we would have a zillion draft picks with which to pick more FQB's!!

We could be known as Deep's FQB Factory! No wins, No fans, No money but a boat-load of FQB's!!

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be perfectly happy if we got this guy in the mid rounds. He fits an enormous need at both slot CB and KR/PR. Bring on the Honey Badger

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any KR/PR play gunner on the other side of ST, but I think he'd be an improvement over Brock, since he's a feisty player with speed and can tackle. I'd be ok with taking him after the 4th for his PR/KR ability, but not if Lattimore or Brandon Williams is still on the board.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if any KR/PR play gunner on the other side of ST, but I think he'd be an improvement over Brock, since he's a feisty player with speed and can tackle. I'd be ok with taking him after the 4th for his PR/KR ability, but not if Lattimore or Brandon Williams is still on the board.

Would be very happy with Lattimore in the 4th if the medical exam checks out. Feeling like he's gone in the 3rd though...