• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyrann Mathieu wants to play for the 9ers

justforkicks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would be very happy with Lattimore in the 4th if the medical exam checks out. Feeling like he's gone in the 3rd though...

I'd be fine with nabbing him in the 3rd too, but people are still mocking him in the 4th. We'll see what he does on his pro day, but it just seems Lattimore was made to be a niner.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Unless of course he was a FQB then you pull the trigger and take that pick regardless of whether or not he fits your scheme and you already have 19 FQB's on the team - right?

Hey, I'm starting to see your genius! Even though we would go 0-16 every year we would have a zillion draft picks with which to pick more FQB's!!

We could be known as Deep's FQB Factory! No wins, No fans, No money but a boat-load of FQB's!!

now you're being immature, pressing the issue, i wonder why?

we need another QB, will obtain another QB one way or another. so if a FQB is there, if a Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, or Kap is there, why should we pass? why be so short sighted in the case of a FQB?

again, i said 1% chance, ie why close off this possibility 100%?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now you're being immature, pressing the issue, i wonder why?

we need another QB, will obtain another QB one way or another. so if a FQB is there, if a Peyton, Brees, Rodgers, or Kap is there, why should we pass? why be so short sighted in the case of a FQB?

again, i said 1% chance, ie why close off this possibility 100%?

Immature? You mean like ignoring the many whom ask you to explain your claims?

Yes, we need a QB but not a 1st or 2nd round QB - and that is 100%, not 99%; sorry. Now, if you disbelieve this, then again I ask, when do teams stop drafting FQB prospects when they already have a young starting FQB, after how many, two, three, four?

Deep, the point here is simply this, at some point the answer 0%; that point, for us, was reached somewhere between Chicago & Baltimore. Again, if you disbelieve this then please answer the question from above

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for using our 3rd round pick on Lattimore. Draft him and get him the best medical team you can to work with him the next year and have him back at 100% and ready play by the 2014 season. It's not a pick that will pay off this year, but you figure Gore is probably on his last contract with us and having a guy like Lattimore ready to take over come 2014/2015 would be nice.

Mathieu I'm ok with a 4th rounder but would rather it be a 5th even if we have to trade up. He does fill a need as Nickle corner, and he would become our new KR/PR. I like him a lot more as a special teams player than a corner though.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want to play for 49ers as well. Wishes don't always come true.

Me too! I bet I would be able to get some of your guys to buy my team jersey too.

My jersey sales would be better than Culliver.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Immature? You mean like ignoring the many whom ask you to explain your claims?

Yes, we need a QB but not a 1st or 2nd round QB - and that is 100%, not 99%; sorry. Now, if you disbelieve this, then again I ask, when do teams stop drafting FQB prospects when they already have a young starting FQB, after how many, two, three, four?

Deep, the point here is simply this, at some point the answer 0%; that point, for us, was reached somewhere between Chicago & Baltimore. Again, if you disbelieve this then please answer the question from above

thats my other point, i have to explain it 20 times to you and Crimson, and you're STILL asking me to explain it. i shouldn't have to explain the reasons for drafting a FQB, do i?

its not rocket science, i'm saying don't go into the draft 100% certain you won't draft a QB - any round. leave the possibility open, say 1% chance. i'm talking about an NFL franchise QB, not any ol position.

also, by always asking me to re-post my reasons, makes it seem i'm pounding the table. i'm perfectly aware the odds of this happening is very low.,

Last edited by a moderator:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
thats my other point, i have to explain it 20 times to you and Crimson, and you're STILL asking me to explain it. i shouldn't have to explain the reasons for drafting a FQB, do i?

its not rocket science, i'm saying don't go into the draft 100% certain you won't draft a QB - any round. leave the possibility open, say 1% chance. i'm talking about an NFL franchise QB, not any ol position.

also, by always asking me to re-post my reasons, makes it seem i'm pounding the table. i'm perfectly aware the odds of this happening is very low.,

There was a year when the Redskins had back to back extremely high picks. They had selected LaVar Arrington with one of those picks.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Chiefs had the #1 overal pick and the #2 overall pick in last year's draft. Do you think they would select Robert Griffin immediately after having drafted Andrew Luck? I know it's the same year, but the fact / scenario still remains regardless how many years down the line you look at it.

If Geno Smith drops to the 20s do you still feel that the Colts should still draft a FQB in Geno Smith? When is it okay for the Colts to "not" draft a potential franchise QB?

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Therein lies the problem, Deep - I understand how you may think you explain things but you don't. More often than not, you avoid explaining things.

Case in point, you have now shifted your position from advocating a 1% chance of taking a QB with our 31st pick:

...i'm not eliminating QB at 31st..., this possibility is still there at 1%.

To now throwing out some equivocation about a 1% chance of taking a QB in "any round".

As I stated, you are not explaining anything, Deep. What you are doing is simply dodging the honest and reasonable questions asked of you, like the one asked above by BINGO.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There was a year when the Redskins had back to back extremely high picks. They had selected LaVar Arrington with one of those picks.

Hypothetically speaking, let's say the Chiefs had the #1 overal pick and the #2 overall pick in last year's draft. Do you think they would select Robert Griffin immediately after having drafted Andrew Luck? I know it's the same year, but the fact / scenario still remains regardless how many years down the line you look at it.

If Geno Smith drops to the 20s do you still feel that the Colts should still draft a FQB in Geno Smith? When is it okay for the Colts to "not" draft a potential franchise QB?

no, those are different scenarios than the current 49ers. if you project our situation out say 3 years, it is also a different scenario from these other teams.

if you're referring to my preference to BPA (completely different topic), no because there is an 'eye on need'.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, those are different scenarios than the current 49ers. if you project our situation out say 3 years, it is also a different scenario from these other teams.

if you're referring to my preference to BPA (completely different topic), no because there is an 'eye on need'.

Not responding on behalf of BINGO but this is another example of how little you understand about your own argument. The hypothetical offered by BINGO is EXACTLY the same as ours and not different in any way whatsoever.

Colin Kaepernick became our FQB at some point between Chicago & Baltimore of THIS YEAR, yet you are advocating that, if the 1% chance of a FQB dropping to us @ 31 comes to fruition then we/you should/would take that QB 100% of the time.

By your own logic the Ravens should also be looking to take a potential FQB should the very slight possibility of one falling to them actually happen - I mean Flacco was drafted back in '08 for crying out loud.