• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trey Lance Named third stringer

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story y'all are missing in all of this is Bears' fans are now rejoicing that their f-up with Trubisky isn't the worst trade up for a QB in recent history. The coincidence of the 49ers doing it worse is comical and sad at the same time.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story y'all are missing in all of this is Bears' fans are now rejoicing that their f-up with Trubisky isn't the worst trade up for a QB in recent history. The coincidence of the 49ers doing it worse is comical and sad at the same time.
true

i don't see the sad part like a divisional rival might.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true

i don't see the sad part like a divisional rival might.

Sad in the way that they basically fleeced the Bears in the Trubisky trade, then did a "hold my beer" moment for Lance, just to prove they could watch somebody piss down their leg and they crapped down their own

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad in the way that they basically fleeced the Bears in the Trubisky trade, then did a "hold my beer" moment for Lance, just to prove they could watch somebody piss down their leg and they crapped down their own
Um yeah, and I don’t even think the trade for mcaff is even worth what they done. Lynch and shanny fucking up imo

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Um yeah, and I don’t even think the trade for mcaff is even worth what they done. Lynch and shanny fucking up imo

I do understand trying to get a 1st round AB talent, the economics of it make total sense based on vet QB pay. However, they gave up a lot of capital for a guy that played about 12 division 1A college games because of covid. That risk itself was big enough, without all the draft capital they gave up. That stated, I'm bagging on a team that should compete for the NFC title, and if things break their way the Lombardi.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Trubisky thing looks so much worse just based on what was drafted after him and the rise of Mahomes. Of course, being Duh Bears, them fucking up on a QB pick really isn't much of a surprize. And they actually did get some play out of Trubs. The Niners trading up in a very weak QB class only to try and get cute is another story. You are right though, it's both comical and sad. The thing with San Fran is they at least managed to load up the rest of the roster and stay in contention. The Bears have just been a terrible team.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Trubisky thing looks so much worse just based on what was drafted after him and the rise of Mahomes. Of course, being Duh Bears, them fucking up on a QB pick really isn't much of a surprize. And they actually did get some play out of Trubs. The Niners trading up in a very weak QB class only to try and get cute is another story. You are right though, it's both comical and sad. The thing with San Fran is they at least managed to load up the rest of the roster and stay in contention. The Bears have just been a terrible team.
Lol Mahomes ain't shit without Andy Reid building him into the QB he is today. It matters where these guys land. Don't forget, Mcnabb is Akili Smith without Reid.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, but most people only look at the result when it comes to these things. Personally, at the time, I thought Watson was the best QB in the class and the most ready to step in to the NFL. But if I was a QB, the last place I'd want to be drafted is Chicago. They have just been to inept at developing that position.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both these guys are retarded. Why did they trade up? Sounds like Lynch's agent didn't like Lynch taking all the heat for it.
Not sure about the part about Lynch wanting Fields but right from the start, everybody was saying Lance was Shanahan's plan all along.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Passer Rating of 80 and 191ypg last season.....very meh.....they won because of the defense and running game.

LOL.
If my calculator works correctly that 80, while not amazing, is better than the 55 Lance put up...

Rush is 100% the Cowboys #2 right now. I think the hope is that if he learns the offense AND proves he can play in the NFL that Lance will be the #2 eventually. Maybe not this year, but definitely by next year or the trade was a mistake.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do understand trying to get a 1st round AB talent, the economics of it make total sense based on vet QB pay. However, they gave up a lot of capital for a guy that played about 12 division 1A college games because of covid. That risk itself was big enough, without all the draft capital they gave up. That stated, I'm bagging on a team that should compete for the NFC title, and if things break their way the Lombardi.

Niners tried to make the big QB move and it blew up ultimately. Blown capital for sure, but somewhat rescued by a 7th round hail mary (thus far).

Seems a bit of payback after they benefitted from the Bears' poor decision to trade up for Trubisky (2 free 3rds and a 4th).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The jury is still out on Lance, he could still prove to be the better QB. For now, Trubisky was at least a starting QB for a few seasons, if subpar. Of course, if Lance realizes any of his upside, it won't be for the Niners anyway.

From the outside, it seems like the Niners traded up without having a specific prospect in mind. Picked Lance, rumored to want Mac during the lead up to the draft, now Lynch claiming he wanted Fields, etc.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking back at the thread that was recently bumped about the Lance pick, it certainly seems like the team was divided about who to take. Weird time to trade up.