• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's 2022 Mock Draft sure to be wrong

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO jacksonville would be dumb not to draft an offensive lineman with that first pick... really dont understand why they are going defensive line... makes zero sense to me...
They inexplicably tagged and then extended Cam Robinson and have two 2nd round picks for RT. Walker Little is the better of the two and should start at RT

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also expect alot of trades. Houston wants to move up with the second pick. Giants are thinking about moving down. Carolina and Pitt could move for a QB. Its wide open. When is the last time everyone was so torn on who would go #1 overall?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To take a QB? I hope not for their sake

yup to take a QB... it doesnt matter if this is a weak class... there will still be QBs drafted early... and if you need one, why wait until next year, when less is guaranteed??

this is the way i think about QBs, there are only 32 starting QBs... teams with bottom qbs will always be looking to improve... so its counterintuitive to ever draft a QB that you dont believe is the top qb of the class...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has this reaction after getting drafted?

1651168377044.gif

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They inexplicably tagged and then extended Cam Robinson and have two 2nd round picks for RT. Walker Little is the better of the two and should start at RT

nothing wrong with depth at a position and if they do draft an offensive lineman, they can always move one of the other guys, if necessary...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One way Carolina moving up forva QB makes sense-
If they get wind of a different team possibly jumping in front of them for their desired QB.

Other than that, which is certainly a possibility, it makes zero sense to trade up to select a guy that would've been there at your original spot anyways. Zero teams in front of Carolina seem poised to grab a QB

It'd basically be the Bears trading up for Trubs when they weren't competing with anyone to get him.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup to take a QB... it doesnt matter if this is a weak class... there will still be QBs drafted early... and if you need one, why wait until next year, when less is guaranteed??

this is the way i think about QBs, there are only 32 starting QBs... teams with bottom qbs will always be looking to improve... so its counterintuitive to ever draft a QB that you dont believe is the top qb of the class...
The mahomes watson class was “weak” also

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When is the last time everyone was so torn on who would go #1 overall?
I don't know about 'torn' but Arizona sure had a big ol smokescreen with Kyler Murray. Gave Josh Rosen their full support and waited for the last second to announce Murray as the pick IIRC

Browns were also rumored to take Josh Allen as their QB for quite awhile

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying he is going to be any good but IIRC Watson was about where Desmond Ridder is as a prospect. Successful college QB, not always consistent, questions about arm talent. Watson immediately proved the doubters wrong but Watson did have a lot of doubters.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not only "weak" but paper thin too..at least this class has some perceived depth of mediocrity. After Watson at 12, not another qb taken until the mid third.

Still can't wrap my head around wtf the Bears were thinking with Trubisky at #2

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One way Carolina moving up forva QB makes sense-
If they get wind of a different team possibly jumping in front of them for their desired QB.

Other than that, which is certainly a possibility, it makes zero sense to trade up to select a guy that would've been there at your original spot anyways. Zero teams in front of Carolina seem poised to grab a QB

It'd basically be the Bears trading up for Trubs when they weren't competing with anyone to get him.
I really do think if Carolina doesn't trade down AND they don't take a QB at 6, they will trade for Baker.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about 'torn' but Arizona sure had a big ol smokescreen with Kyler Murray. Gave Josh Rosen their full support and waited for the last second to announce Murray as the pick IIRC

Browns were also rumored to take Josh Allen as their QB for quite awhile
TBF there were rumors pretty much about every QB. It was like Rosen for a bit, then a bit of Darnold then Josh Allen they are taking him no doubt and all of sudden the Baker steam came about before the draft and we all knew he would be the guy. I don't regret the pick. I don't think Allen is the same QB with 4 HC's and 3 OC's. His progression has been remarkable, a lot of hard work but stability helped too.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really do think if Carolina doesn't trade down AND they don't take a QB at 6, they will trade for Baker.
If they do the entire front office should get fired on the spot. They signed Bridgewater and they had to eat 17 million to get rid of him, then they traded for Darnold who is guaranteed over 18 million this season. There is no way that front office survives trading for Baker.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they do the entire front office should get fired on the spot. They signed Bridgewater and they had to eat 17 million to get rid of him, then they traded for Darnold who is guaranteed over 18 million this season. There is no way that front office survives trading for Baker.
Don't you see a theme....that's what shitty FO's do. They get desperate. Bridgewater was a nice bridge QB, no pun intended, but they got desperate. Then they trading for Darnold thinking he would be something special and it was just the Jets that were the problem...he sucks. Baker shows way more promise than Darnold but in reality he will be playing for a worse team but they think it will workout.

They should be fired if they trade for Baker OR draft a QB at 6 but do we expect anything less?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't you see a theme....that's what shitty FO's do. They get desperate. Bridgewater was a nice bridge QB, no pun intended, but they got desperate. Then they trading for Darnold thinking he would be something special and it was just the Jets that were the problem...he sucks. Baker shows way more promise than Darnold but in reality he will be playing for a worse team but they think it will workout.

They should be fired if they trade for Baker OR draft a QB at 6 but do we expect anything less?
I'm pretty certain they are desperately trying to trade down as we speak.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty certain they are desperately trying to trade down as we speak.
I feel more certain about the Giants but both could certainly trade down. I wouldn’t be surprised

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not saying he is going to be any good but IIRC Watson was about where Desmond Ridder is as a prospect. Successful college QB, not always consistent, questions about arm talent. Watson immediately proved the doubters wrong but Watson did have a lot of doubters.
Yup thats actually a really solid comp in a way. I agree.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they should stand exactly where they are, take whichever QB they feel is their guy, and sit that lil shit down behind Darnold, who might suck, but is a pro who could be learned from, for the entire year..no exceptions..just let the kid sit and learn, period. Because regardless, they are going to suck, so suck with Darnold, you have to pay him anyways, build the Oline, get him some protection, another high pick next year they can grab another lineman or a strong WR, or whatever and they can start fresh '23 with Darnold either playing the Brain Hoyer role or gone.

The Seachickens are where Baker belongs in '22..they have no business taking a QB at 9..especailly after the Panthers take one right in front of them