• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Treff's 2022 Mock Draft sure to be wrong

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bakers alright, just like a ton of other guys. Not rooting against him or Pickett, hope they prove me wrong and surprise me, but if you're just good and not great, you usually only get a couple chances. Baker will need to make the most of his next chance or he's done, imo
Regardless of how good or bad he is, or could be, that is dead on balls accurate. If he doesn't succeed at the next stop, he'll either wash out of the league, or end up with a Brain Hoyer, McCown type career..maybe Fitzpatrick in the high end

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21) New England Patriots J Davis DT

22) Green Bay Packers Karlaftis EDGE

23) Arizona Cardinals McDuffie CB

Karlaftis and McDuffie both have floors around this range imo so I figure they'll go here instead of WRs

24) Dallas Cowboys Burks WR

Does Jerry Jones still love Arkansas? This actually wouldn't be a bad fit for Burks who would be able to develop as a secondary option.

25) Buffalo Bills Booth CB

Not the typical swing at upside for the Bills but the BPA at position of need here is pretty strong

26) Tennessee Titans K Green OL

27) Tampa Bay Buccaneers D Wyatt DT

28) Green Bay Packers Pickens WR

At some point not picking a WR for the Packers is just trolling. They could do defense twice again but Pickens is a weird talent that will fall due to personality concerns but he was a top prospect as an X receiver and he is still really young. I think he just barely hits the athletic profile the Packers might like but if he gets his spring back then he could be the steal of the draft. Could also bust hard.

29) Kansas City Chiefs (from San Francisco 49ers through Miami Dolphins) Mafe EDGE

30) Kansas City Chiefs Gordon CB

Chiefs could pick either EDGE, CB, WR or S in these spots. Gordon fits that Kendall Fuller profile that could start inside and maybe develop to go outside if things work out. Mafe is probably the closest to a high upside edge at this point. I wouldn't totally rule out the Chiefs taking Skyy Moore, Jahan Dotson or even Calvin Austin here.

31) Cincinnati Bengals Elam CB

32) Detroit Lions Corral QB

Not sure if this is Detroit making this pick or Seattle coming in to take him.

So I only have two QBs going rd1. Ridder seems like a wild card. I probably could've mocked the Saints getting him. My gut feeling is that these QBs generally arent going to go as high as people think. I also have a huge number of WRs off the board. Real draft could probably even have a couple more if teams change their habits.

There are a ton of WRs to keep track of in this draft for fantasy purposes. Chiefs, Bills, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Chargers should pick a WR in this draft as a whole and the Packers should pick at least two. Bucs should probably take a Tight End at some point. Bills could take a RB.

Devin Lloyd would be my BPA not going rd1.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gross. I dont want Karlaftis

I appreciate you finishing though!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gross. I dont want Karlaftis

I appreciate you finishing though!
GB is probably the hardest to mock for me just because they tend to like guys with really high upside and this draft is a depth draft. They tend to not draft WRs in rd1 but their roster suggests they could use both picks on WR. They are in a great spot to replace Jaire Alexander but it seems like they will probably pay him.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB is probably the hardest to mock for me just because they tend to like guys with really high upside and this draft is a depth draft. They tend to not draft WRs in rd1 but their roster suggests they could use both picks on WR. They are in a great spot to replace Jaire Alexander but it seems like they will probably pay him.
They should pay him.

My preference is two WRs and two big guys(OL or DL) after 2 rounds. There is starting to be some talk about the Packers trading down out of the first with one of their picks because they like WRs in the 3-4 round range. I LOVE Pierce, I would be over the moon if we land Pickens and Pierce

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should pay him.

My preference is two WRs and two big guys(OL or DL) after 2 rounds. There is starting to be some talk about the Packers trading down out of the first with one of their picks because they like WRs in the 3-4 round range. I LOVE Pierce, I would be over the moon if we land Pickens and Pierce
What about Raimann at OT and Pickens at WR? That also strikes me as a Packers combo.

I might be a bit high on Karlaftis. I've seen him commonly mocked down where the Chiefs are picking.

Pierce on the Packers is interesting. I'm not really sure where Pierce goes in the draft but one of these teams with a big arm QB is going to take Pierce.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Raimann at OT and Pickens at WR? That also strikes me as a Packers combo.

I might be a bit high on Karlaftis. I've seen him commonly mocked down where the Chiefs are picking.

Pierce on the Packers is interesting. I'm not really sure where Pierce goes in the draft but one of these teams with a big arm QB is going to take Pierce.
Raimann is definitely on the list of prospects that check alot of boxes for the Packers however he is already 24 so that likely rules him out. The Packers current GM usually goes for young prospects with elite potential in the first round. Starting in round 3 or so he goes for best plug and play regardless of age

Green makes alot of sense for the Packers

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first of, lemme say I totally agree with the statement in bold. And also with the statement about trading down. Problem is finding someone willing to trade up.

But, as to the Commanders, I have 2 questions
1. Are they, or can they realistically be a legit SB team with Carson Wentz
2. Since that answer is no..is there anyone they can draft that changes the fact that Carson Wentz is the QB, other than a QB?

Maybe one of them isn't a good answer this year, but, with the right coaching, the right system, and a year to watch and learn, maybe one of them could be a good answer next year?

I mean you ain't wrong, but, given the circumstances, it's worth a shot if they identify a guy they can develop

No and no.

But I am telling you, no QB in this draft is going to be a franchise QB.

So yes, Wentz gives the team a better shot.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington doesnt make the move for Wentz if they like this QB class imo. They want Wentz. They want the ability to take a top player in the draft. Maybe WR. Maybe defense. Washington's defense was massively overrated going into last season so they need to get that ship back on course.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting article about mock drafts vs NFL team's draft boards.

Yeah, thats always been my interpretation. Analysts are usually a few steps behind the actual scouts and these guys aren't moving up or down boards. There is just a fog of war lifted to more accurate see what their true value is.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1651160066257.png

This year's draft feels like it could be all over the damn place.

Im assuming some trades at the bottom of the first to account for the extra QB(s)

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 295074

Im assuming some trades at the bottom of the first to account for the extra QB(s)
the Chefs grabbing Corral in the first?? very interesting. What leads you to think that?

edit...nevermind..you're assuming a trade..I got it. Took me a minute

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 295074

IMO jacksonville would be dumb not to draft an offensive lineman with that first pick... really dont understand why they are going defensive line... makes zero sense to me...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO jacksonville would be dumb not to draft an offensive lineman with that first pick... really dont understand why they are going defensive line... makes zero sense to me...

Agreed

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also played hurt last year down wideouts. Non throwing arm. But can confirm that hurts like a mofo. He needs to be better. But i kinda see a mixed bag.

Good rookie season. The regression. Then a wtf season.
4 different HC's and 3 OC's doesn't help either. A real shitshow from all sides then after his good season and keeping a HC for more than a year...he gets hurt.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this draft will be the craziest we have seen in awhile. I usually do a one mock a year but I really see no point this year...I would probably get a few right. Last year I got like 7 or 8 right in the 1st round. It just seems like there could be a handful of guys that drop out of the 1st and vice-versa, we see it every year but it seems almost unpredictable this year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this draft will be the craziest we have seen in awhile. I usually do a one mock a year but I really see no point this year...I would probably get a few right. Last year I got like 7 or 8 right in the 1st round. It just seems like there could be a handful of guys that drop out of the 1st and vice-versa, we see it every year but it seems almost unpredictable this year.

Im expecting early trades... wouldnt be surprised if carolina jumps up a few picks...