• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Good day would be a flawless practice. I lost count on how many Ints Kap has thrown so far in practice. Preseason game next week.......

I think I read that he's thrown one in five straight practices. I can't recall if he had any in the first two practices.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not true. They said he had a good practice until the Int. he has 5 right now. Just because u throw 1 int its not a bad day. Yes I hate to see the Int but the last 2 practice they said he was so so and he threw an Int so yesterday was a good day with an Int. I will take it.

Cant wait for next week.

And in the 11-on-11 period, he stalled at the 50. He's got to improve playing against a rush. It's not looking like he's going to have much of a pocket this year. He's got to be able to make throws from a cluttered pocket.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the 11-on-11 period, he stalled at the 50. He's got to improve playing against a rush. It's not looking like he's going to have much of a pocket this year. He's got to be able to make throws from a cluttered pocket.
I agree put also lets be honest the D knows he is throwing the ball right now. They aren't really using a run game right now. It will be different when they can mix it up.

Trust me seeing Ints is not a good thing but I also know the D has the advantage in these training camp battles.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not looking like Kap can make that happen,at least not without telegraphing his throws. I guess we will see soon enough.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not many can. Look what happens even when u put pressure on Brady and Manning they don't do well either. Ask Brady about the Giants. No QB does well with pressure.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone excited about the 1st game tonight. Pitt vs Minn. Football is back.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Not many can. Look what happens even when u put pressure on Brady and Manning they don't do well either. Ask Brady about the Giants. No QB does well with pressure.

Yeah, but those guys get rid of the ball quickly to protect themselves against the pass rush. Guys like Eli and Warner are/were great at making throws with pressure in their faces. Right now, Kap is slow on the draw, can't throw when pressured, and isn't great at feeling pressure and escaping the pocket - though he is a tremendous threat once he does clear the pocket. Something's gotta give if he's going to be great.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another good day by the offense. 2 TDs by bush in the passing game. most action so far by him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but those guys get rid of the ball quickly to protect themselves against the pass rush. Guys like Eli and Warner are/were great at making throws with pressure in their faces. Right now, Kap is slow on the draw, can't throw when pressured, and isn't great at feeling pressure and escaping the pocket - though he is a tremendous threat once he does clear the pocket. Something's gotta give if he's going to be great.
yes but no QB does well with pressure. i dont think kap will be great but i think if he gets protection he will be fine.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes but no QB does well with pressure. i dont think kap will be great but i think if he gets protection he will be fine.

That's simply not true. I don't know of any that do better with pressure than without, but most successful NFL QBs can play despite pressure. I can't think of any successful QBs who can't play that way.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Worth mentioning that Shayne Skove has been receiving strong reviews in practices lately. He's a guy who is pretty similar to Borland: borderline physical talents, but a heady, passionate player who makes up for it with instincts and drive. He's got a good shot of making the roster.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the oline had a much better day. Hopefully the trend continues

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm still worried about Marcus Martin. It seems like every practice he blows a block.

It would be really nice to get Kilgore back before the season, but I'm not holding my breath. Tough to have to replace three starters on the OL...

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still worried about Marcus Martin. It seems like every practice he blows a block.

It would be really nice to get Kilgore back before the season, but I'm not holding my breath. Tough to have to replace three starters on the OL...
Looks like he is going to miss most of camp

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's simply not true. I don't know of any that do better with pressure than without, but most successful NFL QBs can play despite pressure. I can't think of any successful QBs who can't play that way.
im sorry wanted to say he wont be great. i think he can be good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently, the oline had a much better day. Hopefully the trend continues
they say Armstead and Ian williams looks really good. they are getting the most pressure out of the Dline. VM has a nice lead at #2 TE spot. bell has been so so since putting on pads.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they say Armstead and Ian williams looks really good. they are getting the most pressure out of the Dline. VM has a nice lead at #2 TE spot. bell has been so so since putting on pads.

I heard Tank has looked good on passing downs. I don't think we will see much of Armstead this year, unless someone else stinks it up or there are injuries.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Tank has looked good on passing downs. I don't think we will see much of Armstead this year, unless someone else stinks it up or there are injuries.
I don't know they are saying Armstead looks like the 2nd best Dlinemen so far. I think starters will be Dorsey, Williams and Dockett....... 2nd line will be Tank, Dial and Armstead. All will play.

Im hearing Tank is looking really good against the Run. Doing really well on goal line D.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know this D is still going to be really good. We are going to be faster then last year and we have more Depth at certain positions. Brock and Wright are doing awesome, Our safety play is great, Dline is looking good with a lot of depth, OLB are still good and starting MLB look awesome(no depth here). Moody is looking like a steal they say. He has good coverage skill because he played SS at FSU and he is good up in the box. His biggest improvement has to come from getting through the Oline to attack behind the line of scrimmage.

Trust me I understand why people are down on us but we still have a lot of talent. This team can fall apart or we can shock people and go 10-6. Time will tell. Either way if we suck we get a Top 10 pick and we will have 30-40 mill next year and if we do well we shock some people and still have 30-40 mill to add some nice pieces.