• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thomas is also going through a position switch (the theme of this August for the O-line). He spent most of his college career at left tackle, which is very different from right guard. And after missing all of last season to recover from his ACL, Thomas is in pads for the first time in a year and a half.

The 49ers view Thomas as a starter, eventually. But right now, he's a rookie that's had a lot of time off. They're more worried about him getting his feet underneath him than competing for a starting job.

"feet underneath him" makes sense for now, but why not at LT? Some at LT and some at LG? He spent most of college at LT, and apparently good enough to be drafted in round 3.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thomas is also going through a position switch (the theme of this August for the O-line). He spent most of his college career at left tackle, which is very different from right guard. And after missing all of last season to recover from his ACL, Thomas is in pads for the first time in a year and a half.

The 49ers view Thomas as a starter, eventually. But right now, he's a rookie that's had a lot of time off. They're more worried about him getting his feet underneath him than competing for a starting job.

"feet underneath him" makes sense for now, but why not at LT? Some at LT and some at LG? He spent most of college at LT, and apparently good enough to be drafted in round 3.
Yeah I don't get it I have 2 views that I think its easy to see or Do.

Starting Lineup 1 option:P
RT- Boone
RG- martin
C- Kilgore
LG- Thomas
LT- Staley

With this starting lineup u have a Vet on each side to help a young buck out.

Starting line up 2
RT- Thomas
RG- Boone
C- Kilgore
LG- Martin
LT- Staley

This way all players play positions where they have played in the past. No transition on new positions. Again u have 2 vets on each end of the line.

I don't get the idea of having Staley and boone play along each side. Yes it makes us strong on 1 side but our Right side is a big disadvantage.

Just my opinion. Im happy to see Thomas starting to get it going.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers training camp practice recap, 8/11: NaVorro Bowman, DeAndrew White with big plays - Niners Nation
Camp update. Great seeing Bowman doing well. Cross fingers he has no setbacks
Yes it was another good practice and offense is starting to look ok. Kap with another Int but overall they said he looked good. Oline is getting better but they say pears and martin still look bad and Looney is really bad. Thomas looks like in the lead for the starting RG spot and martin will take Looney spot.

I also heard 49ers are looking into mathis. They are going to wait and see after this preseason game.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it was another good practice and offense is starting to look ok. Kap with another Int but overall they said he looked good. Oline is getting better but they say pears and martin still look bad and Looney is really bad. Thomas looks like in the lead for the starting RG spot and martin will take Looney spot.

I also heard 49ers are looking into mathis. They are going to wait and see after this preseason game.

There is talk about Mathis but from what I've heard the team is content with who they have. You seem to have more info on the oline than I have. Haven't heard much about Thomas or much in the way of individual play other than Pears and Martin having struggles early on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is talk about Mathis but from what I've heard the team is content with who they have. You seem to have more info on the oline than I have. Haven't heard much about Thomas or much in the way of individual play other than Pears and Martin having struggles early on.
They are content but things might change after the preseason game. I think they would like to stay with who they have but know if they don't get better they will have to do something. I think they playing the wait and see game. Yeah Staley said Thomas is starting to look like the real deal. Took him a week to knock off the rust. I guess nothing wrong to have Mathis on your mind for insurance.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mathis camp said he is looking for 4-5 mill a year and would play on a 1 year deal. He was getting 6.5 mill I think. I might be wrong.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers practice 10: Passing game has strong day | CSN Bay Area

Offense had a good day. Hope they can build on it. There is still many days of camp left. DeAndrew White continues to impress. I hope White gets a chance to play against the opposing team's starting defense during preseason. It would be great to see what he can do.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers practice 10: Passing game has strong day | CSN Bay Area

Offense had a good day. Hope they can build on it. There is still many days of camp left. DeAndrew White continues to impress. I hope White gets a chance to play against the opposing team's starting defense during preseason. It would be great to see what he can do.
It was nice to see that the offense had its best day so far and Kap was lights out in practice. Some more positives is Bush is scoring on passing plays. that means we are throwing to the RB. They say Hyde looks awesome. Yes its nice to see white getting better. White has to be the #4 WR right now. Patton and Ellington(I know he is hurt) not doing much. Simpson looks like he might be a nice player for us. Oline is looking better.

Now lets go to D, Armstead is looking like the real deal they say. He is a beast. Harold is still looking good.

Cant wait for Sat.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is game day. Lets Go 49ers. Cant wait for this game. See how we look.

I watched the seattle game yesterday and we are thought our Oline was bad man Seattle Oline is really bad. It was nice to see Seattle look like crap.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today is game day. Lets Go 49ers. Cant wait for this game. See how we look.

I watched the seattle game yesterday and we are thought our Oline was bad man Seattle Oline is really bad. It was nice to see Seattle look like crap.

I didn't see the Seattle game. Was watching the SFGiants game last night. Their oline is probably the worst unit on their team and that's one of the places they are probably going to penny pinch

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers training camp practice recap, 8/18: Things are getting spicy - Niners Nation

Training camp thread. Jimmy Ward, Aaron Lynch, and Kendall Hunter are back practicing. I liked the following:

Speaking of cornerbacks, Keith Reaser moved up ahead of Shareece Wright at practice, opposite Tramaine in the base defense. Tomsula has said the team would look into some other combinations this week, but we'll see how it impacts the long-term depth chart.

I say let Reaser start at CB against the Cowboys to see what he can do. The Cowboys will be a good test for our secondary and the Dline

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its nice to see Lynch getting back to what he did last year. He was showing a good pass rush they said. We will need that.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers training camp practice recap, 8/18: Things are getting spicy - Niners Nation

Training camp thread. Jimmy Ward, Aaron Lynch, and Kendall Hunter are back practicing. I liked the following:

Speaking of cornerbacks, Keith Reaser moved up ahead of Shareece Wright at practice, opposite Tramaine in the base defense. Tomsula has said the team would look into some other combinations this week, but we'll see how it impacts the long-term depth chart.

I say let Reaser start at CB against the Cowboys to see what he can do. The Cowboys will be a good test for our secondary and the Dline
Sucks that Ward is off to back up duty at safety. 1st rd pick still a back up after 2 years and already switched positions. Ward pick looks like it will be a bad one. Maybe he can turn it around.

Shocked to see Wright lose his spot. he was having a good camp but screwed up a little in the game(flash backs of last year I guess).

Nice to see Skov look good. He would give us some nice depth.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sucks that Ward is off to back up duty at safety. 1st rd pick still a back up after 2 years and already switched positions. Ward pick looks like it will be a bad one. Maybe he can turn it around.

Shocked to see Wright lose his spot. he was having a good camp but screwed up a little in the game(flash backs of last year I guess).

Nice to see Skov look good. He would give us some nice depth.

Looks like Lynch is about down to is playng weight