• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for an OL last week. How many starting caliber OL are on the trade block in the third week of preseason?

Your armchair GMing has no basis in reality. It is based entirely on implausible scenarios and hindsight.
no one mention making something happen now. He had all offseason. Yeah they brought in another practice squad player...clap...clap. for that move. Come on man be realistic. He dropped the ball. He was depending on martin(who sucked last year), Thomas(who was hurt last year) and signing Pears to be insurance(who also was ranked as one of the worst guards in the league and then switch his position to be good).

All signs point to bad job. Again I don't blame him for Kilgore. Again im not 100% bashing him. I just think he didn't attack the offseason the way he should of.

I guess we will find out but as of late I have a good track record of being right. Also I want to state they aren't terrible in all areas. run blocking looks good but u need to pass in this league.

To end on a positive note: I think bringing T Smith at that price was good(we needed someone different then a possession receiver), and drafting Armstead looks like to be the right move. I was so so on Armstead and felt we needed a player that can help right away and I thought we weren't going to see much until year 2 or 3 but now it looks like Armstead will help. Armstead just looked so bad in championship game that I was nervous.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kilgore is still in a walking boot and likely to miss nearly half the season. It happens to be a brutal first half of the season, too. You talk about giving the young guys one more year to learn and get better, but you have to cut one of them to make room for Mathis on a one-year deal. It doesn't make sense for a team that is effectively in rebuild mode to go the one-year rental direction with a guy like Mathis.
no because we would of never made that trade to pats then.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, what Tomsula said was that there was a hitch in his footwork on the left side - presumably related to his injury? They moved him to the right side to try to address that, and then moved him back to the left. That makes sense in the long run. He's probably more of a LG than a RG, and there's a good chance they're eyeing him to replace Boone next year. But we have a glaring need at RG right now, so I'd think they'd try to see if he can hold that spot down.
man I hope we resign Boone. If not we are in really big trouble. Have to Draft a Olinemen in either the 2nd or 3rd next year. I still have faith in Thomas but I think with the injury he is still a year away from being solid to good. This year we might see bad to avg by year end from him.

Martin still very young needs to get stronger.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Silberman played pretty well in the last game. I noticed several nice blocks in the run game, though I didn't catch as much in the pass game. He definitely looks more like an NFL guard than a tackle. We'll see. I can't figure out why Brandon Thomas is playing on the left side....
Silberman and Brown look like decent prospects, I just don't think they will do much this year unless injuries play a factor. Both nice prospects for late rd picks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
no one mention making something happen now. He had all offseason. Yeah they brought in another practice squad player...clap...clap. for that move. Come on man be realistic. He dropped the ball. He was depending on martin(who sucked last year), Thomas(who was hurt last year) and signing Pears to be insurance(who also was ranked as one of the worst guards in the league and then switch his position to be good).

All signs point to bad job. Again I don't blame him for Kilgore. Again im not 100% bashing him. I just think he didn't attack the offseason the way he should of.

I guess we will find out but as of late I have a good track record of being right. Also I want to state they aren't terrible in all areas. run blocking looks good but u need to pass in this league.

To end on a positive note: I think bringing T Smith at that price was good(we needed someone different then a possession receiver), and drafting Armstead looks like to be the right move. I was so so on Armstead and felt we needed a player that can help right away and I thought we weren't going to see much until year 2 or 3 but now it looks like Armstead will help. Armstead just looked so bad in championship game that I was nervous.

When should we have traded for an OT? When Davis was a healthy, 25-year-old RT with pro bowl talent still on the roster? And who should we have traded for? Which OTs have moved via trade this offseason?

Martin was a 20-year-old who missed most of training camp, got thrown into the fire mid-season, and had some really rough games. By the end of the year, he appeared to be turning a corner. You don't just give up on a guy like that.

Your track record of being right consists of what, criticizing signing Chris Cook to a minimum contract? The guy made the squad last year, so he outperformed that contract by that alone. You didn't like giving him a raise this year? Congrats. No one did. It's easy to criticize low-risk FA moves. Those guys regularly don't pan out, but that's mitigated because they're low risk. I haven't seen a single person who liked adding Pears or Wright. If you can find that - and it shouldn't be too hard to do if it's out there - please draw our attention to it.

You just seem to get off on being "right" about these moves. Again, congratulations. When you said no one would give Suh $15 million, you refused to acknowledge just how wrong you were after the fact. I don't have much patience for people who jump to proclaim themselves "right" on certain things, but don't cop to it when they're way off on other things.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fanbase has a small group of homers. Those are about the only people who liked the Pears and Wright signing because they see everything through rose colored glasses. Other than that, I have yet to really find anyone. Mostly negative.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp today: Staring Oline was Staley, Boone, Martin, Silberman and Pears.

Harold getting at Denvers QBs and I . Williams doing a great job.

Acker with 1st team reps today.

Pinion is just looking really good. 11v11 he just punted one from his goal line to the 37 yard line. Kid has a big leg.

3 stand out Rookies from Simms: Armstead, Tartt and Harold. He thinks all 3 are going to be very good and help 49ers this year. His man crush is Tartt. He thinks he is going to be a stud.

to be continued.....

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every fanbase has a small group of homers. Those are about the only people who liked the Pears and Wright signing because they see everything through rose colored glasses. Other than that, I have yet to really find anyone. Mostly negative.
On the main board u have Dallas fans calling Murray garbage or over rated. I hate fans like that. They don't understand their offense was built around him last year. Yes Dex is great but game plan was worked around murray. They think any avg RB can do what did last year. that's like saying we wont miss Willis or If we lost Staley at LT and one of saying we wont miss a beat.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will be a good week for evaluting with the joint practice against Denver.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Camp today: Staring Oline was Staley, Boone, Martin, Silberman and Pears.

Harold getting at Denvers QBs and I . Williams doing a great job.

Acker with 1st team reps today.

Pinion is just looking really good. 11v11 he just punted one from his goal line to the 37 yard line. Kid has a big leg.

3 stand out Rookies from Simms: Armstead, Tartt and Harold. He thinks all 3 are going to be very good and help 49ers this year. His man crush is Tartt. He thinks he is going to be a stud.

to be continued.....

Where are you getting this info? I check Ninernation but I don't see anything there yet

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When should we have traded for an OT? When Davis was a healthy, 25-year-old RT with pro bowl talent still on the roster? And who should we have traded for? Which OTs have moved via trade this offseason?

Martin was a 20-year-old who missed most of training camp, got thrown into the fire mid-season, and had some really rough games. By the end of the year, he appeared to be turning a corner. You don't just give up on a guy like that.

Your track record of being right consists of what, criticizing signing Chris Cook to a minimum contract? The guy made the squad last year, so he outperformed that contract by that alone. You didn't like giving him a raise this year? Congrats. No one did. It's easy to criticize low-risk FA moves. Those guys regularly don't pan out, but that's mitigated because they're low risk. I haven't seen a single person who liked adding Pears or Wright. If you can find that - and it shouldn't be too hard to do if it's out there - please draw our attention to it.

You just seem to get off on being "right" about these moves. Again, congratulations. When you said no one would give Suh $15 million, you refused to acknowledge just how wrong you were after the fact. I don't have much patience for people who jump to proclaim themselves "right" on certain things, but don't cop to it when they're way off on other things.
No I didn't and most people said they over paid big time. u don't know what other teams will throw at another money. Suh isn't worth that kind of money.

Yes I was right about those moves. I pat myself on the back for that especially I got killed on this board. I admit when Im wrong. I was wrong about Armstead to a point. I liked Armstead I just didn't think it was the right move for us and for a player I thought would be 2-3 years away from hitting his potential. I know Im not always right. Trust me I admit when I am wrong. We are all human here and we all are wrong at times.

All Im saying is we didn't go into this offseason with a great plan for certain spots. Oline was one of them.

Oh yeah I don't know if remember but York and the coaching staff knew 1-2 weeks before AD announced it. We are what now 8-10 weeks from AD announcement, plenty of time to do something. Yes he made a trade for a practice player yeah.... so excited.

Im ok with the wait and see approach but in my opinion I don't think its going to be a great season for this Oline. maybe in the running game but I have a feeling this Oline will be in the top 10 in sacks allowed and hurries.

Here are some FA tackles still available I think:
Chris Hariston
Sam baker
Ryan harris
Oniel Cousins.
Willie Smith
Garry Williams.

here are some guards
Rob Sims
joe Reitz
Charles Johnson
Gabe Carimi

there are players still out to add for competition. is there a chance they all suck yeah but at least we would add some Competition. at least another tackle to compete with pears.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Maiocco: Offense not doing much today. Only positive so far is the tempo looks good.

Joe Fann: Front 7 looked really good against Denver. Got pressure on all 3 Qbs.

Vance in a walking boot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock doing well against Manning throwing to Thomas. Just broke up a nice pass.

Patterson: ninernation has the updates.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD over on the Broncos board said their Dlineman are dominating our oline. Not a surprise. Donate Johnson is getting 1st string reps at corner with Brock

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bowman having a great day. almost had int. I feel like its a game today. Cant stop looking at the live updates.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CD over on the Broncos board said their Dlineman are dominating our oline. Not a surprise. Donate Johnson is getting 1st string reps at corner with Brock
yeah I saw that about Johnson. I haven't heard anything about the Oline yet. I just heard Offense has looked good. Don't know if its QB play, Oline play or WR or TE's having a bad day.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny Im watching Denver Media tweeter and they say manning is having its way. niner twitter nation is saying that our D is domination Denvers o.

Who to believe. LOL

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9Reid)Int by Bethea off manning. Good sign. 1st play for offense after the Int, Deep seam pass TD (kap to Celek). Good stuff.

wait another Int by the 49ers(Reid). off 2nd string QB.