• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice over. last play of the practice another Int by the 49ers.

Offensive play of the day: Long TD kap to Celek
Defensive play of the Day: Int Bethea . (off manning)

2 min drives 4 drives for Denver 3 ints by the 49ers.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the updates. Curious how Johnson, Aker, and Reaser did at corner.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its funny Im watching Denver Media tweeter and they say manning is having its way. niner twitter nation is saying that our D is domination Denvers o.

Who to believe. LOL

It is hard to know. From what I read though it sounds like both defenses did better than the offenses. I know Manning and Osweiler both threw some picks but it sounds like Broncos were getting after Kaep. Hard to tell on some of that considering you can't hit the QB so many times even if they get to the QB they are still allowed to throw. So that is where both sides could claim victory in maybe the QB's are completing passes but in all honesty the play probably ends in a sack.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is hard to know. From what I read though it sounds like both defenses did better than the offenses. I know Manning and Osweiler both threw some picks but it sounds like Broncos were getting after Kaep. Hard to tell on some of that considering you can't hit the QB so many times even if they get to the QB they are still allowed to throw. So that is where both sides could claim victory in maybe the QB's are completing passes but in all honesty the play probably ends in a sack.
At Niners Nation they are posting tweets from both the SF and Denver media. For the most part, both medias report on the big plays but I am more curious about some of the individual position battles that don't get reported. We will have to wait till Saturday night to see for ourselves

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At Niners Nation they are posting tweets from both the SF and Denver media. For the most part, both medias report on the big plays but I am more curious about some of the individual position battles that don't get reported. We will have to wait till Saturday night to see for ourselves

Yeah should be a good test for both teams on Saturday. I'm also not one to read too much into some of these tweets. They can show promise but in the end it is what actually happens on the field that matters most. For the Broncos last year I remember Bradley Roby was getting abused on the practice field. Come game time though he stepped in and played great. Same with Shane Ray so far in camp in he has stunk it up but in the two games he has played he has been a force. So can only read so much into these practices but always fun to hear what is going on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah should be a good test for both teams on Saturday. I'm also not one to read too much into some of these tweets. They can show promise but in the end it is what actually happens on the field that matters most. For the Broncos last year I remember Bradley Roby was getting abused on the practice field. Come game time though he stepped in and played great. Same with Shane Ray so far in camp in he has stunk it up but in the two games he has played he has been a force. So can only read so much into these practices but always fun to hear what is going on.

Isn't one of Mannings big strengths passing on those short crosses and underneath routes? Will be a good test because that has been our biggest weakness thus far. Our linebackers have been having problems in pass coverage against opposing tight ends and short throws to wide receivers underneath.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
No I didn't and most people said they over paid big time. u don't know what other teams will throw at another money. Suh isn't worth that kind of money.

Yes I was right about those moves. I pat myself on the back for that especially I got killed on this board. I admit when Im wrong. I was wrong about Armstead to a point. I liked Armstead I just didn't think it was the right move for us and for a player I thought would be 2-3 years away from hitting his potential. I know Im not always right. Trust me I admit when I am wrong. We are all human here and we all are wrong at times.

All Im saying is we didn't go into this offseason with a great plan for certain spots. Oline was one of them.

Oh yeah I don't know if remember but York and the coaching staff knew 1-2 weeks before AD announced it. We are what now 8-10 weeks from AD announcement, plenty of time to do something. Yes he made a trade for a practice player yeah.... so excited.

Im ok with the wait and see approach but in my opinion I don't think its going to be a great season for this Oline. maybe in the running game but I have a feeling this Oline will be in the top 10 in sacks allowed and hurries.

Here are some FA tackles still available I think:
Chris Hariston
Sam baker
Ryan harris
Oniel Cousins.
Willie Smith
Garry Williams.

here are some guards
Rob Sims
joe Reitz
Charles Johnson
Gabe Carimi

there are players still out to add for competition. is there a chance they all suck yeah but at least we would add some Competition. at least another tackle to compete with pears.

Pretty much anyone who follows the sport knew Suh was going to get something at least in the $15 million range. Whether that's overpaying or not is irrelevant to the discussion we were having at the time.

We could consider one of those street FA tackles at this point, though I don't know that any of those guys are any better than Pears. Sam Baker is probably the most tempting talent-wise, but he's done physically. Oniel Cousins played guard last year and ranked 71st (-16.3 according to PFF); he's a worse version of Pears. Ryan Harris came in at -5.3, so I suppose he's tolerable. Willie Smith was cut after playing 120 snaps with Oakland last year. These guys are all basically the same player as Pears.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Odd tweet by Branch:

One more solid season and I really think No. 18 will merit serious Hall-of-Fame consideration.

I mean, is there any doubt that the guy would make the HOF if he retired today? Only knock is his failure to win more than one SB. That's not going to keep him out of the hall.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odd tweet by Branch:

One more solid season and I really think No. 18 will merit serious Hall-of-Fame consideration.

I mean, is there any doubt that the guy would make the HOF if he retired today? Only knock is his failure to win more than one SB. That's not going to keep him out of the hall.

There is no doubt. Manning will be in the Hall of Fame. Only some sort of big scandal coming out could derail his hall of fame bid.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't one of Mannings big strengths passing on those short crosses and underneath routes? Will be a good test because that has been our biggest weakness thus far. Our linebackers have been having problems in pass coverage against opposing tight ends and short throws to wide receivers underneath.

Yeah that is his bread and butter. I think right now though he has been working a lot more on his timing throwing some of the deeper passes from under Center. What Kubiak loves to do is a bit different than what Manning has done for most of his career so they are working out the kinks still on some of that. I do expect though we will still see plenty of his work over the middle like what you are talking about.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL, I saw this posted. I don't get it. What is it supposed to mean?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looks like we are about to lose brooks. 7 mill back into the cap. this is crazy.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to bring in Lance Briggs. Now that we are about to lose Brooks.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2 practice has started and Bethea just picked off Manning again today. Back to back days.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Day 2 practice has started and Bethea just picked off Manning again today. Back to back days.

Not sure where you are getting your info from but day 2 practice got moved back and won't start till 11:30 mountain time. Right now it is only 10 a.m. in Denver so practice doesn't start for another hour and a half.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, we don't need any help. We need the right kind of help. I'd rather keep Marcus Rush on the roster than go after a guy like Briggs.

Briggs is washed up. We are better off playing young people and rebuilding this team

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Briggs is washed up. We are better off playing young people and rebuilding this team
yeah I agree if we go into full rebuild mode. I just don't think we are there yet. I think we can still compete and shock some people. Eli and Lynch starting now.