• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2020

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan running around camp healthy and freely is a very big boost for this defense.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Callahan running around camp healthy and freely is a very big boost for this defense.

you need him to show up in the worst way with the JJ being a scratch. That much money not being utilized.... We do have JJ money to be spent so at least there is some good him not playing.

I hope he gets the time off and gets his fight back in him because last year he milked it.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the buzz on Lock

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s the buzz on Lock

LOL - the buzz is the players believe in him and like him - the performance is mixed - depending on how much of the stunt and blitz package the Broncos decide to throw him up against. His footwork has improved - especially on passing and running to his right. He's still learning learning to read the defense. Lock shows a willingness to challenge his receivers going deep to come down with the ball.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a ton of news coming out of training camp. A few blurbs I pulled from the athletic...

The Broncos have given virtually every wide receiver on the roster — from Fred Brown to undrafted rookie Kendall Hinton to seventh-round pick Tyrie Cleveland — a chance to have reps with Lock’s offensive unit during practice, and it has been a good way to see how those players battling for a roster spot at the position react in those scenarios.

The player among that group who appears to be flashing most consistently is Cleveland, the 6-foot-2, 205-pound receiver out of Florida. He made a nifty back-shoulder grab Tuesday near the end zone, but he’s consistently been in the mix throughout the first four practices. Cleveland had an up-and-down career at Florida, but the potential is clear to see. He’s got good size and speed and is a pretty efficient route-runner. Can he grab one of the final wide receiver spots on the 53-man roster? Time will tell, but he’s somebody to keep an eye on.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the secondary, De’Vante Bausby continues to impress. He had his second interception of camp Tuesday, an athletic grab on deep ball into the end zone. Bausby also had an interception Friday and has broken up several practices in between. If Callahan is largely used in the slot, then Bausby has a chance to be the starter opposite Bouye. The battle for that spot includes Issac Yiadom (who had a nice breakup down the field Tuesday), Devontae Harris and rookie Michael Ojemudia. To this point, it’s been Bausby who has flashed most consistently.

“You can tell he knows the playbook, certain route concepts, and he’s very aggressive and he wants to make plays on the ball,” Bouye said. “You can see what he’s been doing all camp.”

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inside linebacker Josey Jewell has strung together a few nice practices to start camp. There have been multiple instances over the past two workouts when he has filled a gap and met the running back with a thud at the line of scrimmage. Meanwhile, rookie inside linebacker Justin Strnad showed some nice instincts in coverage during a 7-on-7 drill, shadowing backup tight end Troy Fumagali — who had three catches Tuesday — step for step 30 yards down the field. The Broncos appear to be building strong depth at the position.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When fans can attend we get a lot more coverage. When I’ve been at camp most media types are standing around talking to each other and hardly watching the practices.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a ton of news coming out of training camp. A few blurbs I pulled from the athletic...

The Broncos have given virtually every wide receiver on the roster — from Fred Brown to undrafted rookie Kendall Hinton to seventh-round pick Tyrie Cleveland — a chance to have reps with Lock’s offensive unit during practice, and it has been a good way to see how those players battling for a roster spot at the position react in those scenarios.

The player among that group who appears to be flashing most consistently is Cleveland, the 6-foot-2, 205-pound receiver out of Florida. He made a nifty back-shoulder grab Tuesday near the end zone, but he’s consistently been in the mix throughout the first four practices. Cleveland had an up-and-down career at Florida, but the potential is clear to see. He’s got good size and speed and is a pretty efficient route-runner. Can he grab one of the final wide receiver spots on the 53-man roster? Time will tell, but he’s somebody to keep an eye on.

Can't remember the DB but he stated Cleveland was the hardest WR in the Sec to cover for him. That is saying something.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 3 career interceptions in 2 seasons at the division 1 level was okay. I was a better returner (1st team All-WAC) in 1993. As a corner, I was average.

You were a a very good returner with good playmaking ability. I would have graded you as an above average CB. Not elite but good. Size is what hurt you.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love hearing news on Cleveland and Jewell standing out. I think a lot of Broncos fans undervalued the picK of Tyrie Cleveland. Feeling like it was a waste of a pick because we already drafted two wide receivers early. Great value pick there. A guy who didn’t necessarily put up great stats at Florida because of the offense they were in and amount of good wide receivers they have. But with his size and speed he has tons of upside. And he and Van Jefferson were as good of gunners on special teams as you will find in college football last season. Amazing value there. A guy who can help on special teams right away and develop as a wide receiver. I thought for sure he was going to end up New England Patriot.

Nice to see Bausby bounce back after his injury. I am on the Ojemudia/Dawson train but whatever makes us a better team. Bausby has good ball skills and we have lacked that at DB since our no fly zone broke up.

Not hearing much on Holder or Dawson sadly. I think at worst Holder goes back on the PS and continues to learn the S position. I still think Dawson makes the active roster.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning on Broncos Live at camp right now on Youtube

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell anyone, but I was at camp. Only a few people got to go in. I have some insiders that are letting me in only a few practices this year.

Best player - Jerry Jeudy

I know he went against the 2nd string, and you hear the media say "hold your horses, its one practice". We will know for sure in live games, but don't compare him to some training camp stars in the past. To see him live is really impressive. Being a former Division 1 cornerback and watching him play. He is by far the toughest cover on this team. He is that quick in and out of his breaks.

Best defensive player - Bryce Callahan

I know he made an interception, but he was consistently playing tough coverage. Great footwork!!!! Which is ironic because of his feet (ouch).

Players looking stronger, and bigger compared to last year

Von Miller looks to have put on about 10 pounds. Noah Fant definitely looks bigger. Phillip Lindsay looks to be around 200 pounds now, but still looks the same as far as quickness goes. Garrett Bolles looks a little bit bigger, maybe 305 to 308 pounds.

Some notes

All 3 quarterbacks looked had their ups and downs, but mostly looked good for a 1st real practice. Drew Lock still gets a little flat-footed with his footwork and developed a tapping of the football right before he threw it. He only did this a few times, and I'm sure that was with a new offense and he's overthinking right now, but for the most part he looked good. You can tell that his favorite target is Sutton and who could blame him. Sutton looked good as usually! Very tough matchup for most corners and he got the best of Bouye and Yiadom (who was the #3 corner for all of practice). Callahan played with against him with a few reps that they went one on one with (1 interception). Bouye and Yiadom didn't really get beat badly though, Yiadom did give up a big play to Sutton on a deep 50/50 ball. Michael Ojemudia looked good and you will see him battle Yiadom for some time in the starting lineup. Biggest disappointment was Bausby, but that was because he was going against Jeudy more than any other corner. Hamler had a drop that caused an interception, but had the biggest play down the field. Hamler will be good, and he played mostly in the slot and my guess by the 8th or 9th game is where you will really see him develop. He will produce this year barring injuries, he's the fastest guy on the roster and you can tell after just 1 practice.

Line play is difficult to access so far as there was not much contact allowed. Miller had a nice spin move on Jake Rodgers who was starting at right tackle for most of the day as Wilkerson later in practice got a few reps with the 1's. Schlottman started at center and looked decent. Glasgow will be solid as he's really good in pass protection on the one on one reps as he got the better of Shelby Harris on several occasions. Cushenberry had one bad snap (I think), but Coach Munchak was really teaching him the most of all lineman which means that there trying to get him on the field quickly.

A.J. Johnson had an interception and the only question with him is man coverage, but he's a really good zone coverage guy and of course as a run stuffer, blitzer. He's one big boy. Derrek Tuszka was the most intense player out on that field. You can see why North Dakota dominates the competition with guys like him. You can tell that he loves football and he brought the most energy out there. If he can play special teams, you might see a early surprise with him on the 53 man roster on opening day.

Nicest man award goes to Steve Atwater. I can't believe that he recognized me and remembered going to one of my college games against Colorado State in 1992 and I met him a few years ago at a business party. He introduced me to Karl Mecklenberg, and Randy Gradishar (who should be in the hall of fame). It was weird because their were quite a few people watching (mostly Broncos employees, some media, and alums), but they were spread out all over the place. All in all it was a great day. I will update each time I go to another practice. I will go to at least 1 more, maybe 2.
Who are you??? And why wasn’t I briefed

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say the Broncos are happy with the first week of training camp. It is so nice to have no questions about who is the QB!