• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp 2020

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demont Jones Will be a star by seasons end
Hopefully Walker can find his path

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy start of Training Camp day!!!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demont Jones Will be a star by seasons end
Hopefully Walker can find his path

Been saying this all offseason. Dre’Mont is gonna be our next big thing on D!

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Juedy needs to be running with the 1s by day 7. I hope they don't have this "earn it " crap. Camp is too short. Microwave JJ and KJ. . Ship Deshaun to play catch with Driskel

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hearing reports that Jeudy and Callahan were stand outs today.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy is Clinton Portis
You knew instantly the guy was
special.
I remember watching Portis in Greeley and you could see he was just faster more elusive than the other players

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell anyone, but I was at camp. Only a few people got to go in. I have some insiders that are letting me in only a few practices this year.

Best player - Jerry Jeudy

I know he went against the 2nd string, and you hear the media say "hold your horses, its one practice". We will know for sure in live games, but don't compare him to some training camp stars in the past. To see him live is really impressive. Being a former Division 1 cornerback and watching him play. He is by far the toughest cover on this team. He is that quick in and out of his breaks.

Best defensive player - Bryce Callahan

I know he made an interception, but he was consistently playing tough coverage. Great footwork!!!! Which is ironic because of his feet (ouch).

Players looking stronger, and bigger compared to last year

Von Miller looks to have put on about 10 pounds. Noah Fant definitely looks bigger. Phillip Lindsay looks to be around 200 pounds now, but still looks the same as far as quickness goes. Garrett Bolles looks a little bit bigger, maybe 305 to 308 pounds.

Some notes

All 3 quarterbacks looked had their ups and downs, but mostly looked good for a 1st real practice. Drew Lock still gets a little flat-footed with his footwork and developed a tapping of the football right before he threw it. He only did this a few times, and I'm sure that was with a new offense and he's overthinking right now, but for the most part he looked good. You can tell that his favorite target is Sutton and who could blame him. Sutton looked good as usually! Very tough matchup for most corners and he got the best of Bouye and Yiadom (who was the #3 corner for all of practice). Callahan played with against him with a few reps that they went one on one with (1 interception). Bouye and Yiadom didn't really get beat badly though, Yiadom did give up a big play to Sutton on a deep 50/50 ball. Michael Ojemudia looked good and you will see him battle Yiadom for some time in the starting lineup. Biggest disappointment was Bausby, but that was because he was going against Jeudy more than any other corner. Hamler had a drop that caused an interception, but had the biggest play down the field. Hamler will be good, and he played mostly in the slot and my guess by the 8th or 9th game is where you will really see him develop. He will produce this year barring injuries, he's the fastest guy on the roster and you can tell after just 1 practice.

Line play is difficult to access so far as there was not much contact allowed. Miller had a nice spin move on Jake Rodgers who was starting at right tackle for most of the day as Wilkerson later in practice got a few reps with the 1's. Schlottman started at center and looked decent. Glasgow will be solid as he's really good in pass protection on the one on one reps as he got the better of Shelby Harris on several occasions. Cushenberry had one bad snap (I think), but Coach Munchak was really teaching him the most of all lineman which means that there trying to get him on the field quickly.

A.J. Johnson had an interception and the only question with him is man coverage, but he's a really good zone coverage guy and of course as a run stuffer, blitzer. He's one big boy. Derrek Tuszka was the most intense player out on that field. You can see why North Dakota dominates the competition with guys like him. You can tell that he loves football and he brought the most energy out there. If he can play special teams, you might see a early surprise with him on the 53 man roster on opening day.

Nicest man award goes to Steve Atwater. I can't believe that he recognized me and remembered going to one of my college games against Colorado State in 1992 and I met him a few years ago at a business party. He introduced me to Karl Mecklenberg, and Randy Gradishar (who should be in the hall of fame). It was weird because their were quite a few people watching (mostly Broncos employees, some media, and alums), but they were spread out all over the place. All in all it was a great day. I will update each time I go to another practice. I will go to at least 1 more, maybe 2.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell anyone, but I was at camp. Only a few people got to go in. I have some insiders that are letting me in only a few practices this year.

Best player - Jerry Jeudy

I know he went against the 2nd string, and you hear the media say "hold your horses, its one practice". We will know for sure in live games, but don't compare him to some training camp stars in the past. To see him live is really impressive. Being a former Division 1 cornerback and watching him play. He is by far the toughest cover on this team. He is that quick in and out of his breaks.

Best defensive player - Bryce Callahan

I know he made an interception, but he was consistently playing tough coverage. Great footwork!!!! Which is ironic because of his feet (ouch).

Players looking stronger, and bigger compared to last year

Von Miller looks to have put on about 10 pounds. Noah Fant definitely looks bigger. Phillip Lindsay looks to be around 200 pounds now, but still looks the same as far as quickness goes. Garrett Bolles looks a little bit bigger, maybe 305 to 308 pounds.

Some notes

All 3 quarterbacks looked had their ups and downs, but mostly looked good for a 1st real practice. Drew Lock still gets a little flat-footed with his footwork and developed a tapping of the football right before he threw it. He only did this a few times, and I'm sure that was with a new offense and he's overthinking right now, but for the most part he looked good. You can tell that his favorite target is Sutton and who could blame him. Sutton looked good as usually! Very tough matchup for most corners and he got the best of Bouye and Yiadom (who was the #3 corner for all of practice). Callahan played with against him with a few reps that they went one on one with (1 interception). Bouye and Yiadom didn't really get beat badly though, Yiadom did give up a big play to Sutton on a deep 50/50 ball. Michael Ojemudia looked good and you will see him battle Yiadom for some time in the starting lineup. Biggest disappointment was Bausby, but that was because he was going against Jeudy more than any other corner. Hamler had a drop that caused an interception, but had the biggest play down the field. Hamler will be good, and he played mostly in the slot and my guess by the 8th or 9th game is where you will really see him develop. He will produce this year barring injuries, he's the fastest guy on the roster and you can tell after just 1 practice.

Line play is difficult to access so far as there was not much contact allowed. Miller had a nice spin move on Jake Rodgers who was starting at right tackle for most of the day as Wilkerson later in practice got a few reps with the 1's. Schlottman started at center and looked decent. Glasgow will be solid as he's really good in pass protection on the one on one reps as he got the better of Shelby Harris on several occasions. Cushenberry had one bad snap (I think), but Coach Munchak was really teaching him the most of all lineman which means that there trying to get him on the field quickly.

A.J. Johnson had an interception and the only question with him is man coverage, but he's a really good zone coverage guy and of course as a run stuffer, blitzer. He's one big boy. Derrek Tuszka was the most intense player out on that field. You can see why North Dakota dominates the competition with guys like him. You can tell that he loves football and he brought the most energy out there. If he can play special teams, you might see a early surprise with him on the 53 man roster on opening day.

Nicest man award goes to Steve Atwater. I can't believe that he recognized me and remembered going to one of my college games against Colorado State in 1992 and I met him a few years ago at a business party. He introduced me to Karl Mecklenberg, and Randy Gradishar (who should be in the hall of fame). It was weird because their were quite a few people watching (mostly Broncos employees, some media, and alums), but they were spread out all over the place. All in all it was a great day. I will update each time I go to another practice. I will go to at least 1 more, maybe 2.

Great report - thanks so much!

I had heard that Duke was running with Hamler when KJ made the big catch - so that's interesting.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@wishful thinking That is awesome on Atwater. I remember as a kid before a game he came over and gave me a thumb up. Made my day! The guy who I was talking to who knew a lot of the players said Atwater was the nicest guy on the team. A bully on the field a teddy bear off.

See- That makes two people now. Draft Crazy and Steve Atwater remember you playing. ;) (and I am sure a lot more) You were a baller!

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 3 career interceptions in 2 seasons at the division 1 level was okay. I was a better returner (1st team All-WAC) in 1993. As a corner, I was average.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, 3 career interceptions in 2 seasons at the division 1 level was okay. I was a better returner (1st team All-WAC) in 1993. As a corner, I was average.

Played the same time as Marshall Faulk. Go Aztecs

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommy Curran made a great comment yesterday from the Patriots training camp.........

"Don't get all hyped up or suicidal about the offense or offensive players. It's training camp and they haven't even tried on their pads."

No one can put on pads until Monday. Not sure about the Broncos but Belichick has banned cameras and media from the practice field on Monday. Like the man says, "It's time for football. If you're worried about how you look, you'll be doing something else in September."

The Broncos have a ton of fans here in New England. We want you guys to crush the Chiefs as much as you do. Bronco/Patriots wars of ten years ago were what made football what it is today. We'd like to have it back.

Have a great camp............................NO injuries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Photos from Day 1 of Broncos Camp

Photos of day 1

Von Miller looks really jacked. Gordon looks good too.

I wonder how long Drew Lock will wear the plastic vizor behind his facemask. At least from the outside looking in - it looks like it would hinder the QBs vision. If it doesn't hinder Lock's vision - then - by all means - wear it - because no safety is going to track your eyes wearing the thing.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see how fast Jerry Jeudy starts with the ones - same with Detmar.

wishful thinking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We beat Marshall Faulk in San Diego my senior year 43-38. Faulk was tough to tackle, but I got him good on a screen pass in that game and he had to sit out a few plays. But as you can see by the score, there offense got the better of our defense. Great player!!! He was very quiet, never talked smack.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Lock still gets a little flat-footed with his footwork and developed a tapping of the football right before he threw it.

Elway used to do that every once in a while. Like he was trying to kill his quick twitch urge. Reminds me of that thing that cats do when they really, really want to attack something but can't.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeudy is Clinton Portis
You knew instantly the guy was
special.
I remember watching Portis in Greeley and you could see he was just faster more elusive than the other players

He was fun to watch here and IMO not much as a Redskin .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portis was magnificent to watch perform as a Bronco and he got traded for a great talent that lasted on past Portis' career.