• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading deadline

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Royals Attempting To Package Ian Kennedy With Wade Davis In Trades

Kennedy's contract is HORRIBLE. But he may be able to fill a #4 spot for us this year, and may be a 4/5 moving forward. Including him would certainly make Davis' price tag go WAY down as well.

Thoughts?

First, I don't think Kennedy's contract is horrible. He's due $61.5MM from 2017 - 2020. To justify that, he'd need to put up something like 10 WAR. Meaning, he'd need to be a 3/4 type starter. Completely possible. It's not like he's getting paid :cough: $79.2MM over the same time period (aka getting the Shitmardzjia). Now THAT'S a horrible contract. Kennedy is league average at this point, or a 3/4 starter. So, there is a decent chance he pitches to the contract value.

Davis is a stud, and there is a club option in his contract of $10MM for 2017, so he wouldn't be a rental. He immediately makes the bullpen a LOT better. Casilla becomes the eight inning guy, Romo the seventh, etc.

The problem is: who do you take out of the rotation to put Kennedy in? Maybe Cain to the DL, but I'd think DLing him without a genuine injury would be a problem with the Players Union. And, it's not the way the FO works.

Intriguing trade idea, and if we're picking up Kennedy's contract I'd assume we'd be able to hold on to Bickford and Arroyo.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an arb 4 guy this year, so he is not a rental. I can only guess this means Duffy has now officially lost his job.

Nunez currently leads the AL in SB with 26, and has a slash of .300/.326/.444/.771 with 12 bombs.

For that speed and BA, I would expect a higher OBP, so I doubt he will be leading off. I can see him batting 6, though.

Steep price, but we get a solid 3B and potentially opens up a trade in the off-season of Panik or Duffy.

I am OK with this.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is an arb 4 guy this year, so he is not a rental. I can only guess this means Duffy has now officially lost his job.

Nunez currently leads the AL in SB with 26, and has a slash of .300/.326/.444/.771 with 12 bombs.

For that speed and BA, I would expect a higher OBP, so I doubt he will be leading off. I can see him batting 6, though.

Steep price, but we get a solid 3B and potentially opens up a trade in the off-season of Panik or Duffy.

I am OK with this.

IDK if I'd go that far. He'll probably be more like our Ben Zobrist.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this is JUST a depth move, I am not that thrilled. This dude is having a hell of a year, he SHOULD be our starting 3B (assuming he has good D)...

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evans: Nunez gives Giants 'depth, versatility, flexibility'

This move makes absolutely no sense to me.

We are thin on pitching, and Mejia was pitching well of late. And is only 23.

Nunez may run a bit, but Noggin is loathe to give the green light to runners.

We are loaded with surplus IF: KT and EA at AAA, Panik just back, Arroyo at AA, and a slew of IF lower in the minors, plus Pena, and we just DFA'ed Green.

I don't get it, really. :noidea:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are loaded with surplus IF: KT and EA at AAA, Panik just back, Arroyo at AA, and a slew of IF lower in the minors, plus Pena, and we just DFA'ed Green.

Maybe it signals a Panik or Arroyo trade to come this weekend?

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suarez, Blackburn, Blach and Beede are the 6-9 starters right now, that should be okay.

Duffy has an Achilles injury and Panik has now missed chunks of time 2 seasons in a row. We just got a guy on pace for a 20-20 season who's only just entering his prime that can back up both of those positions.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suarez, Blackburn, Blach and Beede are the 6-9 starters right now, that should be okay.

Duffy has an Achilles injury and Panik has now missed chunks of time 2 seasons in a row. We just got a guy on pace for a 20-20 season who's only just entering his prime that can back up both of those positions.
and can play a bit in the OF.

I think they see him as a Zobrist type.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys, life-long Giants fan. Just came over from another board. Glad to finally find a place with a few more Giants fans. Do you guys like Hochevar or someone else?

Welcome to the board, full. Appreciate your love for the Giants and the Dubs, but the Seahawks? :P

We are a pretty active board, and we are hard on newbies and we are grumpy because of the recent slide. But overall, we love the banter and the conversation.

Welcome!

:yo:

Oh, and Hochevar might be slightly interesting, except for this: Royals' Luke Hochevar placed on DL

fullxtension

Sensei
Hoopla Cash
$ 21,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome to the board, full. Appreciate your love for the Giants and the Dubs, but the Seahawks? :P

We are a pretty active board, and we are hard on newbies and we are grumpy because of the recent slide. But overall, we love the banter and the conversation.

Welcome!

:yo:

Oh, and Hochevar might be slightly interesting, except for this: Royals' Luke Hochevar placed on DL

Yeah I get a lot of trouble for the Seahawks thing...it was kind of spontaneous. I will say I share your grumpiness. Most of the guys coming over from the other board call me FX instead of full but whatever you please. I have been through the fire...watch McCovey play at Candlestick. I was in the upper deck beyond the left field foul pole watching Dravecky's comeback game. The years with Evans and Clark (both Jack and Will). Gary Lavelle is one of my favorite Giants...that should cover just how messed up I am. :crazy:

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I get a lot of trouble for the Seahawks thing...it was kind of spontaneous. I will say I share your grumpiness. Most of the guys coming over from the other board call me FX instead of full but whatever you please. I have been through the fire...watch McCovey play at Candlestick. I was in the upper deck beyond the left field foul pole watching Dravecky's comeback game. The years with Evans and Clark (both Jack and Will). Gary Lavelle is one of my favorite Giants...that should cover just how messed up I am. :crazy:

Welcome aboard, FX.

So are there more of you coming through?

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi guys, life-long Giants fan. Just came over from another board. Glad to finally find a place with a few more Giants fans. Do you guys like Hochevar or someone else?
Welcome FX.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Word to the wise, FX, board dues go to filo. Don't worry about finding him, he will find you. :D

Word to the not-yet-wise-to-our-schtick: there are no board dues :)