• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trading deadline

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems a curious move for a rebuilding team. Typically, they want to play the rookies to see what they've got. As much as I like Susac, he's no Posey. He doesn't seem the type of player a team would be concerned about the service clock.
I think he can be a decent lower-tier starting catcher in the Majors. Protecting his clock can't hurt. Especially when I think they want to get a good look at Maldonado right now.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he can be a decent lower-tier starting catcher in the Majors. Protecting his clock can't hurt. Especially when I think they want to get a good look at Maldonado right now.
My guess is they want him to play every day, and not split time with Maldonado. He needs work on his receiving, but he'd start for half the teams in the majors right now -- catching is a wasteland of craptastic hitting in the majors these days.

Except for backup C vs. the Gs....those dudes RAKE.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they want him to play every day, and not split time with Maldonado. He needs work on his receiving, but he'd start for half the teams in the majors right now -- catching is a wasteland of craptastic hitting in the majors these days.

Except for backup C vs. the Gs....those dudes RAKE.
If I were a backup catcher in the bigs and my team was about to play the Giants, I'd be annoying the heck out of my manager to play every game. My stats would skyrocket!