• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline thread

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside the box hire would be to go after David Blatt. Let him build an offense and get his input on the pieces they need. He won't have a star to have to defer to and could have a complete fresh start like he was supposed to have before Lebron decided to come back to the Cavs.
Anybody but Doc.

They totally need to blow the whole Damn thing up.

Seriously, Gallo?

When Paul left, they shouldn't have even signed this turd.

Should have signed and traded Blake.

I feel bad for Beverley.

Hope he gets out too.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Griffin to the Pistons? Thought he may get traded but not sure I had him going to the Pistons.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Griffin to the Pistons? Thought he may get traded but not sure I had him going to the Pistons.

Most people feel it was an overall win for the Clips. Time will tell from the Pistons side.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some people picked Harris to make the All-Star team this year.

I think that was more about the lack of star power in the East than it was about Harris

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people feel it was an overall win for the Clips. Time will tell from the Pistons side.
I think the pistons did okay. If, and it is a big if, Blake can stay healthy he is better than Tobias. Bradley hasn't been playing well for the Pistons, wasn't resigning, and they have Johnson showing improvement since his benching, Kennard looking decent, and Bullock who all do similar things.

And let's face it, the Pistons would likely mess up those early-mid round picks anyhow.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the pistons did okay. If, and it is a big if, Blake can stay healthy he is better than Tobias. Bradley hasn't been playing well for the Pistons, wasn't resigning, and they have Johnson showing improvement since his benching, Kennard looking decent, and Bullock who all do similar things.

And let's face it, the Pistons would likely mess up those early-mid round picks anyhow.

Yeah, that's why I said time will tell. Blake hasn't made an all-star game in 3 years (which is again due to injury mostly) and he'll need to regain that superstar form for this to work out for the Pistons.

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now fire Doc.
I've been saying they needed to get rid of Doc. Denouncing his GM duties was a start. But, I think he sealed his fate when he couldn't squash the beef between Austin & CP3 & it resulted in CP3 being traded to a conference rival.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside the box hire would be to go after David Blatt. Let him build an offense and get his input on the pieces they need. He won't have a star to have to defer to and could have a complete fresh start like he was supposed to have before Lebron decided to come back to the Cavs.
Not sure that will work if West is really after LBJ. :noidea:

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No quicker way to turn off Lebron than hiring Blatt. Fizdale would send a different signal.

I don't think Doc gets fired before off-season (but maybe he will decide he wants to spend more time with his family .... except his kid is on the team ... not as convincing).

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that will work if West is really after LBJ. :noidea:

@larryjohn

Yeah, it would obviously be for a rebuild. I don't think the Clips have enough pieces to be a real destination spot. Lets say best case scenario, they get KD and Lebron. Who else would they have? DAJ would be a cap casualty because they don't have enough cap space. Lou would likely be gone because he's going to get a huge pay day. You'd have to renounce Avery Bradley to clear enough cap for Lebron and KD. You don't really have any young talent. You'd have Lebron, KD, Danilo and Tobias Harris all on the same team. After Patrick Beverly and Austin Rivers, you'd have probably limited serviceable talent.

Those are all big constraints to anything remotely plausible with Lebron and the Clippers. Their best course of action is a full rebuild because, IMO, they don't have any young talent to build around. They have an albatross contract with Gallo. Two stars who are either on their way out or likely to get way overpaid in DAJ an Lou. Then Tobias is will be on the last year of his contract next year too.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@larryjohn

Yeah, it would obviously be for a rebuild. I don't think the Clips have enough pieces to be a real destination spot. Lets say best case scenario, they get KD and Lebron. Who else would they have? DAJ would be a cap casualty because they don't have enough cap space. Lou would likely be gone because he's going to get a huge pay day. You'd have to renounce Avery Bradley to clear enough cap for Lebron and KD. You don't really have any young talent. You'd have Lebron, KD, Danilo and Tobias Harris all on the same team. After Patrick Beverly and Austin Rivers, you'd have probably limited serviceable talent.

Those are all big constraints to anything remotely plausible with Lebron and the Clippers. Their best course of action is a full rebuild because, IMO, they don't have any young talent to build around. They have an albatross contract with Gallo. Two stars who are either on their way out or likely to get way overpaid in DAJ an Lou. Then Tobias is will be on the last year of his contract next year too.
I just can't even imagine why people would even suggest that KD would want to A. Leave the best team in the league to play for the Clippers & B. Wants to play with LBJ when he had that opportunity prior to going to GS. Wow.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just can't even imagine why people would even suggest that KD would want to A. Leave the best team in the league to play for the Clippers & B. Wants to play with LBJ when he had that opportunity prior to going to GS. Wow.

He didn't have the opportunity to play with LeBron at any point.

But you are right. I don't see him wanting to leave GS.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 147,157.78
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kennard and Stanley will have to step up. And Reggie, if that's possible when he returns from injury.

Reggie won’t ever be able to be counted on for anything that matters in my opinion.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I said time will tell. Blake hasn't made an all-star game in 3 years (which is again due to injury mostly) and he'll need to regain that superstar form for this to work out for the Pistons.

Maybe Blake will make the All-Star team this year.