• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline thread

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't have the opportunity to play with LeBron at any point.

But you are right. I don't see him wanting to leave GS.
You don't think if he had mentioned he wanted to play with LBJ that Cle would've made that happen when he was a FA?

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie won’t ever be able to be counted on for anything that matters in my opinion.
I was talking Bullock at the 2/3, not Jackson at PG

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude...They are the Clippers.

Stopped being a destination as soon as Paul left.
Mecca is that anyway to talk about your team? Have faith my friend, maybe just maybe you might get that NBA Championship banner that you have longed for, hanging in the rafters with "ALL" of those Lakers' Championship banners. :-)

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no down the road though.

This is the same copout BS move that poorly run franchises always make. They just maxed themselves out as a 45-50 win team with no chance of being a legitimate contender in the current build cycle.

Granted, it was unlikely they would have been anyway, but still. Teams who build for a mediocre playoff squad are doing it wrong, IMO. I don't currently see a pathway for this group to be more than that.

Not necessarily. Look at Toronto. Pretty much everyone, myself included, said that team had maxed out and should blow it up yet they kept bringing everyone back. But they kept making smaller personnel changes (like nailing the OG pick, picking up Van Vleet, etc) and a big change in their style of play and for the first time, they are REAL contenders to actually make the Finals, not just your 50 win pretenders. Detroit could stall out at 4th or 5th with a Griffin/Drummond team for the next 5 years. Or maybe they tool around the margins, nail the right combo, and like Toronto, end up with a legit team.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reggie won’t ever be able to be counted on for anything that matters in my opinion.

He was playing pretty well this year until his injury, and the team was winning. Of course, part of that may have been a weak part of their schedule, I don't know.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecca is that anyway to talk about your team? Have faith my friend, maybe just maybe you might get that NBA Championship banner that you have longed for, hanging in the rafters with "ALL" of those Lakers' Championship banners. :-)

They won't be in Staples by the time they get a banner.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I'm a realist....lol

How you been, OT?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying they needed to get rid of Doc. Denouncing his GM duties was a start. But, I think he sealed his fate when he couldn't squash the beef between Austin & CP3 & it resulted in CP3 being traded to a conference rival.
I think he sealed his fate when they lost a 3-1 lead to Houston in the Conference Semis.

The Cp3 thing was the final nail in his coffin.

Time to clean house.

I have no issue with them blowing it up.

They should have done it this Summer.

I do have a problem with them being lying scumbags with that Clippers for life bullshit.

Let this be another example of why people need to shut their pie holes about Durant.

Loyalty is not a two way street.

So, fuck it...do what's best for you. Blake is stuck for 5 fucking years in one of the shittiest City's in America.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he sealed his fate when they lost a 3-1 lead to Houston in the Conference Semis.
The Cp3 thing was the final nail in his coffin.
Time to clean house.
I have no issue with them blowing it up.
They should have done it this Summer.
I do have a problem with them being lying scumbags with that Clippers for life bullshit.
Let this be another example of why people need to shut their pie holes about Durant.
Loyalty is not a two way street.
So, fuck it...do what's best for you. Blake is stuck for 5 fucking years in one of the shittiest City's in America.

Interesting to consider if this was the Clips plan all along. Let's say they didn't want to pay him the Max. They could have let him walk. Or they could have signed him ... waited until he had a good/healthy steak ... then get as much as they could for him.

If so, they did pretty well ... much better than just letting him walk last off-season.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not worth the Lakers pick, probably not the Sixers own 1st (currently middle 1st); how about 4 2018 2nd rounders lol?

Yeah that's not happening unless it is a late 1st round pick

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to consider if this was the Clips plan all along. Let's say they didn't want to pay him the Max. They could have let him walk. Or they could have signed him ... waited until he had a good/healthy steak ... then get as much as they could for him.

If so, they did pretty well ... much better than just letting him walk last off-season.
I think it's pretty clear what their plan was.

Win early or dismantle the whole thing.

They took a swing at trying to stay relevant.

It went to Shit almost immediately because of injury.

So, they choose to bottom out, despite what they are saying, and wanted to control the narrative of where he went, so that they could get something back.

I actually think they won the trade. Because, no matter how much I love him, he's not a #1 and he can't stay healthy.

My issue is with the Clippers for life fuckery.

He is stuck in Detroit, and with no recourse.

Yes, this is a business and he shouldn't have been blindsided after the report that they tried to trade him to Minny.

But, it's still shitty. He could have gone a few other places instead of staying in LA.