• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking after the three egregious turnovers Kaepernick made in the 4th quarter that "OK, now at least he will have to admit to himself that he makes poor reads and never looks into the middle of the field" and he will start to work on it. I thought "He just has to". But lo and behold I hear his post-game interview and he said his throw to a completely blanketed Crabtree was the right one and he would throw a jump ball to Crabtree anytime. This guys inability to face the truth is going to cause him to remain a mediocre player.

Sitting there watching him with his hat on side ways like a wannabe rapper and those stupid ass headphones hanging aroundhis neck, saying that he would make that throw againjust sickened me. I've seen enough.

Are you serious?? In his postgame interview, he blamed the loss on himself!! How is that the "inability to face the truth?"

And what does him wearing his hat the way he does have to with anything?? :scratch:

Talk about knee jerk reaction!

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you serious?? In his postgame interview, he blamed the loss on himself!! How is that the "inability to face the truth?"

And what does him wearing his hat the way he does have to with anything?? :scratch:

Talk about knee jerk reaction!

The hat and phones? It shows he's still a punk. If you missed him saying he would throw that ball up for grabs to a balnketed Crabtree at any time then I can't help you.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Did everyone forget about the 40 yard TD that the defense gave up to Marshawn Lynch?? Was that Kaep's fault too?? Being pissed about losing is fine, but blaming the loss on Kaepernick is completely :bullshit:

His three 4th quarter turnovers killed them. Especially the horrendous decsion making that was involved in each of them.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a bad throw in the endzone. The defense made a good play. He owned up to it.

So you're judging a guy by what he wears?? Come on! The guy is 4-2 on the road in the playoffs. Not sure, but I didn't see anyone bitching about Kaep after we beat GB AT Lambeau or Carolina!?

And if you didn't hear him say the loss is on me, than I can't help you!

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
His three 4th quarter turnovers killed them. Especially the horrendous decsion making that was involved in each of them.

I think the 3 big fails by the D had a little bit to do with the loss too donchya think? As to decision making on the last play, I think he did exactly what the coaches and the play called for.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the 3 big fails by the D had a little bit to do with the loss too donchya think? As to decision making on the last play, I think he did exactly what the coaches and the play called for.

Some fail to see that, on both counts!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys SERIOUS??? I came across this topic here and my first thought was "Ha ha... trade Kaep to the Texans? Boy, these 'Niner fans really know how to use humor to lessen the blow." Then I clicked on the thread... and I couldn't believe what I was reading!

Talk about complete knee-jerk reaction! Trade Kaepernick?? The guy that guided you to the doorstep of the big dance and was one questionable PI no-call from bringing the 6th Lombardi trophy to the Bay Area, last year???

And here I thought some of my fellow Rams fans were the biggest chicken-littles over QB play!

The sky isn't falling, people. Respectfully, I think some of you really need to get a grip!

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys SERIOUS??? I came across this topic here and my first thought was "Ha ha... trade Kaep to the Texans? Boy, these 'Niner fans really know how to use humor to lessen the blow." Then I clicked on the thread... and I couldn't believe what I was reading!

Talk about complete knee-jerk reaction! Trade Kaepernick?? The guy that guided you to the doorstep of the big dance and was one questionable PI no-call from bringing the 6th Lombardi trophy to the Bay Area, last year???

And here I thought some of my fellow Rams fans were the biggest chicken-littles over QB play!

The sky isn't falling, people. Respectfully, I think some of you really need to get a grip!

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not one to blame officiating often (if ever)... but the refs reducing the Seahawks sentence from "roughing" to "running into" the kicker in the third quarter and granting the ball to Seattle on the one yard line after Novarro Bowman had clear possession on a fumble recovery had a lot more bearing on the outcome than Kaepernick's performance.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are all devastated by the loss yesterday. Kap really needs to work on his reads. He locks on to a receiver most of the time. He didn't even look to the left on the last play. He had one bad interception and the second interception, Dick made a great play. The throw wasn't that bad, it was the play that was called. Why test Sherman when you have VD, and Boldin as other options. Throw something down the middle. Niners had plenty of time and two timeouts. The fumble was more having more of him trying to extend a play. Davis was beat badly on the play by Bennett. Kap should have probably thrown the ball out of bounds. Kap has a year and a half as a starter. He has shown improvements, but he needs to work on his footwork, accuracy, pocket awareness, and reads. The Niners need to address the CB, DL, and maybe an ILB because of the injury to Bowman. Gore looked old yesterday. I don't know if Lattimore will be ready next year, but Hunter and James are not the answer. Niners really missed out on Lacy. They need a bruising back. Niners defense did a hell of a job on Lynch in the first half, but the defense wore down a bit in the second half. Tackling Lynch all game took a toll on the defense. Overall, I am very disappointed that the season is over. Niners just couldn't finish off the last drive.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not one to blame officiating often (if ever)... but the refs reducing the Seahawks sentence from "roughing" to "running into" the kicker in the third quarter and granting the ball to Seattle on the one yard line after Novarro Bowman had clear possession on a fumble recovery had a lot more bearing on the outcome than Kaepernick's performance.

NFL needs to get their heads straightened out on this. If we at home can clearly see a missed call, just reverse it. Why all these categories that cannot be reversed? Why make the coach put it on the line to have a bad call turned into a good call? Stupidity.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to have a special thread called "Overreaction Monday", yes Kaepernick blew it at the end, yes he went back to his bad tendencies of locking in and throwing it no matter what and completely ignoring open receivers. However, there were times earlier in the game where he looked like the best qb on the field and was making amazing plays. Also frankly, our window is going to be closing soon, and before the advent of these quarterbacks most people thought that unless your name is Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck it takes a few years of PLAYING to learn how to be an NFL qb, particularly in Kaep's case where he didn't come from a pro offense. They guy is smart, and dedicated despite his flaws, I think he obviously needs to improve in the offseason in making reads etc., but his other skills are so otherworldly I think that's the best option.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we have to have a special thread called "Overreaction Monday", yes Kaepernick blew it at the end, yes he went back to his bad tendencies of locking in and throwing it no matter what and completely ignoring open receivers. However, there were times earlier in the game where he looked like the best qb on the field and was making amazing plays. Also frankly, our window is going to be closing soon, and before the advent of these quarterbacks most people thought that unless your name is Peyton Manning or Andrew Luck it takes a few years of PLAYING to learn how to be an NFL qb, particularly in Kaep's case where he didn't come from a pro offense. They guy is smart, and dedicated despite his flaws, I think he obviously needs to improve in the offseason in making reads etc., but his other skills are so otherworldly I think that's the best option.

Great post yossarian! :10:

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thanks for being reasonable. People are so angry, they want to start over at QB and wait another 3 or 4 years for their guy. We might almost be there with Kaep, but people just want to give up now. Crazy talk. He will have at least one more season to show his stuff. I disagree with those who say he is what he is and that he will not get better. The guy is still in the early stages of his career and he has the will to get better. Sure he had a rough 4th quarter yesterday, but overall his performance over the last year and a half has not been bad. Get a grip, people.

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kaep was responsible for 3 turnovers, so he has a definite role in the loss yesterday. However, he accounted for 283 out of the team's 308 yards. Also, the sustained drives that the offense had yesterday was due to Kaep making plays with his legs or even rolling out and continuing the play (i.e. the pass to Boldin).

He's got a lot to work on, but the loss didn't entirely fall on his shoulders.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this when I woke up... As angry as I was at Mr. One Read I couldn't help but laugh.

995029_759277430767221_330468933_n.jpg

drekeeper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi, my name is Dre and this is my Therapy session. When Colin first took over for Alex Smith I remember saying aloud " Folks we have seen the last of Alex Smith in a Niner Uniform". I don't post very often but in the realm of real Life, I think you would be hard pressed to find anyone that has supported CK#7 more than I..The flash, the athleticism, the arm strength, the size, all those intangible things you cannot teach. The day the Niners selected Alex Smith I was pissed and the one thing I was always most critical on of Smith was his ability to perform in the clutch. You cannot teach a guy Moxy, You cannot teach a guy how to perform under pressure and in 2 consecutive years we've seen Colin crumble under the brightest of lights and sadly, that may be just who he is. I think what bothers me the most especially about last night was how he crumbled. The poorly decision led INT's in the 4th, not feeling the pressure nor protecting the ball on the sack strip, the locking onto a primary target failing to go through his reads. I certainly hope the Niners draft a more conventional guy with upside or bring in someone to compete with him because at this stage I feel we simply have an over hyped more athletic Alex Smith..But truth is, I would have rather had Alex in for that last drive as opposed to Colin......Thanks for letting me share in group, others do not understand my pain, only make fun of it and I needed to share. :L

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Did everyone forget about the 40 yard TD that the defense gave up to Marshawn Lynch?? Was that Kaep's fault too?? Being pissed about losing is fine, but blaming the loss on Kaepernick is completely :bullshit:

Dumbest post of the day.

I'm sorry; the Niners should have pitched a shut out for TGL to have gotten a fair chance at not completely flushing the game down the crapper.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez people. A year ago Kaep was the next coming of the tiny baby Jesus and now you are going to trade him and pick up Mark fucking Sanchez??? My god. The reality is Kaep did what he does and it has been good enough to get you to a SB ( and almost win ) and to an NFC title game ( and almost beat a team that is almost impossible to beat at home ). The guy isnt great but he is FOR SURE better than half the starters in the league right now and there isnt anyone you are going to get that can come in and produce better results. You ahve a good to very good running game. Average to slightly above average WRs, a GREAT TE when he decides he wants to play and a great OL. Part of the reason you guys are so good ( a big part actually ) is Kaeps legs. Whether you like a QB like that or not is irrelevant. You alre4ady got rid of a guy that is a MORE than capable NFL Qb that wouldnt have killed you with turnovers. If you really want to go a different route than CK you should have just stuck with Smith as none of the other available guys are anywhere near as good as him either. Step away from the ledge, youll be fine.