• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub was the worst player in the NFL this year and Sanchez was arguably the worst player in the NFL from the year before.

Kaepernick is a B+ franchise QB who lost to a team that uses PEDs and rented its 2 best pass rushers for a year. He is your QB.

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kap spends the offseason working on speed again, I will be pissed he needs to be with a QB guru working on his pocket awareness and going through progressions. Stop doing music awards and commercials and focus on the game. He is not that big to be playing around in the offseason. As far as the contract goes, we can extend him at a reasonable amount because he is not going to demand a huge chunk of money because he hasnt done anything. He won with Great talent around him. If he for a second thinks that we are going to reward him for that he is mistaken. If he thinks that some other team is going to then good luck to them getting a qb that has the pocket awareness of a middle school backup quarterback. He looks at the primary and then takes the fuck off.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schaub was the worst player in the NFL this year and Sanchez was arguably the worst player in the NFL from the year before.

Kaepernick is a B+ franchise QB who lost to a team that uses PEDs and rented its 2 best pass rushers for a year. He is your QB.

People are overreacting. I, too, have the feeling that Harbaugh and Baalke are going with Kaepernick at least through next season.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's easier. I mean, it'd be just as easy to put all blame on Roman, if not for Kaepernick's 3 turnovers (and Goodwin's save that Kaepernick made up for the next play with a TD pass). So, it's easier to put it all on Kaepernick. (Saying it was a team loss could be a cop-out by some.)

I totally understand Kap deserving to be the goat of this game, but it really was a team loss. I'm tired of all the (year long) fuckups on this team. Everyone knows who they are, and you know what, I'm adding Gore to the list. The reality with Gore is that either the scheme or the player needs to go and since Roman won't get fired because the media thinks hes some sort of mad genius, Gore is the odd man out of the equation.

Kap may not be a top-whatever QB, and running QBs are probably a bit of a fad, but how good do we really expect QBs to be? Kaepernick is better than numerous QBs who have won SBs, and except against Seattle he hasn't been turnover prone.

Would people be clamoring to trade Aaron Rodgers? Peyton? Rivers? Everyone fails and this year was just not meant for SF.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I totally understand Kap deserving to be the goat of this game, but it really was a team loss. I'm tired of all the (year long) fuckups on this team. Everyone knows who they are, and you know what, I'm adding Gore to the list. The reality with Gore is that either the scheme or the player needs to go and since Roman won't get fired because the media thinks hes some sort of mad genius, Gore is the odd man out of the equation.

Kap may not be a top-whatever QB, and running QBs are probably a bit of a fad, but how good do we really expect QBs to be? Kaepernick is better than numerous QBs who have won SBs, and except against Seattle he hasn't been turnover prone.

Would people cut Aaron Rodgers? Peyton? Rivers? Everyone fails and this year was just not meant for SF.

Maybe people just don't understand how hard it is to win in this league.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I agree w/Sick's posts. Kaps flaws are just too big. They completely limit the offense and it costs us games. I'd be perfectly fine moving on.

Dodub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been more critical of Kaepernick than anyone all season but let's be realistic here, Kaepernick will be the QB at least through next season. The staff is going to give him the chance to fail or thrive. I've always been one to believe that he doesn't have what it takes mentally to be great, I continue to hope that I am wrong though.

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
LIke most have obviously stated, he had a rough game. He clearly showcased his ability in the first 25 mins of the game and then showcased his deficiencies (sp?) in the last 25 mins of the game.

I don't know what everyone else is of the belief of, but I would not mind trading him to say... Jax? get their first round pick and a 4th next year and draft Sammy Watkins. I think a WR of his ability would shit all over Sea and their grabass defenders.. With our 30th pick ovr, try and get Little Carr to run oh I don't know.. AN ACTUAL EFFING OFFENSE..

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Green Bay Packers fan I think some of you Niner fans have lost your fricking mind. Gore had 11 carries for 14 yards and you're putting all this on Kaepernick. Kaepernick didn't play a good game but Seattle has a brutal defense. If the last pass doesn't get tipped I tend to think at least half of you idiots are singing a completely different tune. Kaepernick has been good enough to lead you to a NFC title game the past two years and you're laying this whole loss at his feet. He didn't exactly have a lot of help. When he dropped back rarely did he have time to actually settle and go through progressions, he either had to run for his life or dump the ball off right away. Maybe just maybe if Gore had more than 14 yards you could be more critical of your quarterback. If you want to trade him and draft Carr then I know you've went completely off the deep end.

rjshull

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need to dump Kaepernick, hell I think we traded the wrong QB to the Chiefs last year, I think with Alex we would have won the SB, and we would have beat the Seahawks yesterday, the one thing that Alex does well is manage the game, he makes those check downs that every good QB makes and the ones that Kap cannot.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Green Bay Packers fan I think some of you Niner fans have lost your fricking mind. Gore had 11 carries for 14 yards and you're putting all this on Kaepernick. Kaepernick didn't play a good game but Seattle has a brutal defense. If the last pass doesn't get tipped I tend to think at least half of you idiots are singing a completely different tune. Kaepernick has been good enough to lead you to a NFC title game the past two years and you're laying this whole loss at his feet. He didn't exactly have a lot of help. When he dropped back rarely did he have time to actually settle and go through progressions, he either had to run for his life or dump the ball off right away. Maybe just maybe if Gore had more than 14 yards you could be more critical of your quarterback. If you want to trade him and draft Carr then I know you've went completely off the deep end.

applause.gif

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread should be cut off. This is the dumbest thing I ever saw. Kap was the only reason we were in the game besides the great 1st half by the D. Maybe if VD can catch a ball or if Boldin didn't have his worst day with his hands(2 drops) it would of been different. Oh yeah maybe a little help from gore would of been nice.

Kap is a top 5 QB in the league and if you want to trade him then U have no clue about football.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harbaugh is a excellent coach but I think he made a mistake not using some of the timeouts late in the game. You were working your way methodically down the field and didn't have to run the clock down and force the ball into the end zone. Second, the officials gave the Seahawks every break all game long. Third if the NFL doesn't change that stupid fucking fumble recovery replay rule then you know it's all a fraud. You have a good quarterback, you have a good coach, you faced a monster defense and a pretty damned solid team in their own crib with all the fringe benefits of the officials afraid of making a call against the Seahawks and you still almost won. Yeah, dump the coach and the qb and retool, Shirley you can't be serious.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over reaction on both side Kaep is the reason we had a lead and the defense was the reason tha even with Kaep in full meltdown we were in it at the end. The defense kept them out of the end zone when Kaep fumbled and allowed no points. When Kaep pulled his one read I'm going to crabs no matter what the held the hawks to a fg. Saying Kaep is a top five qb is flat out ignorant. He is a one trick one read pony. Right now Kaep might be a top 15 qb but top 5 dude your living in delusional homer land. Kaep is talented and has the potential to be top 5 but he needs to grow and realize that potential.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Thankyou for being the voice of reason here. Kap is a great young qb and I look forward to many, many playoff runs with him.

Does he need to get better at some things? Yes, but so does the offensive schemes and players. Gore was used up at the end. O_Line does not block as well for the run as they are reputed. We don't make any use of our speedier rbs. We lack speed at wr. We play too much smash mouth with little effort or chance for big plays. We lost for lots of reasons, but one was the lack of big plays on our side while they made several. Oh, and our one big play on offense? Kap.

Sure is a good thing that the fans cannot be GM on the day of a loss.

whywork2

Archduke of Guacamole
Hoopla Cash
$ 381.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has to grow. He made some boneheaded mistakes no doubt. The delay of game was huge. That being said let's face facts, Harbaugh had way to conservative of a game plan. He should have known he couldn't merely play smashmouth football all day. He should have taken more chances earlier when things were going your way. SF was crushing in on Wilson early in the game and he had to have a much more go for the throat mentality. There are lots of things I really like in Kaepernick but there is no doubt he needs some polishing. I have to admit I wish he took more of a low key demeanor off the field , but that's an entirely different story, don't care for those hat backwards press conferences. I still am baffled why Harbaugh didn't use some of those timeouts and wonder why he felt so strongly to let the clock run down and then force the ball to the endzone. You were moving the ball when you took what Seattle was giving you. You could have used timeouts and got the ball down inside the 15 and still controlled the clock. Take a timeout or two and regroup. hit a few short passes or roll Kaepernick out on a option to throw or run. Just keep methodically marching down but don't just let the clock tick tick tick and put all the pressure on him. Did Colin have a poor game, yes, but then almost any qb who faced Seattle in Seattle did too. Cut the guy a little slack. Then tell him to turn his hat ride side forward , sharpen his game, get another weapon and take a lesson from Manning, Brady or even Wilson and just let fans like you on their own, trust me they will. Quit over-reacting.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking after the three egregious turnovers Kaepernick made in the 4th quarter that "OK, now at least he will have to admit to himself that he makes poor reads and never looks into the middle of the field" and he will start to work on it. I thought "He just has to". But lo and behold I hear his post-game interview and he said his throw to a completely blanketed Crabtree was the right one and he would throw a jump ball to Crabtree anytime. This guys inability to face the truth is going to cause him to remain a mediocre player.

Sitting there watching him with his hat on side ways like a wannabe rapper and those stupid ass headphones hanging aroundhis neck, saying that he would make that throw againjust sickened me. I've seen enough.

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kaepernick has to grow. He made some boneheaded mistakes no doubt. The delay of game was huge. That being said let's face facts, Harbaugh had way to conservative of a game plan. He should have known he couldn't merely play smashmouth football all day. He should have taken more chances earlier when things were going your way. SF was crushing in on Wilson early in the game and he had to have a much more go for the throat mentality. There are lots of things I really like in Kaepernick but there is no doubt he needs some polishing. I have to admit I wish he took more of a low key demeanor off the field , but that's an entirely different story, don't care for those hat backwards press conferences. I still am baffled why Harbaugh didn't use some of those timeouts and wonder why he felt so strongly to let the clock run down and then force the ball to the endzone. You were moving the ball when you took what Seattle was giving you. You could have used timeouts and got the ball down inside the 15 and still controlled the clock. Take a timeout or two and regroup. hit a few short passes or roll Kaepernick out on a option to throw or run. Just keep methodically marching down but don't just let the clock tick tick tick and put all the pressure on him. Did Colin have a poor game, yes, but then almost any qb who faced Seattle in Seattle did too. Cut the guy a little slack. Then tell him to turn his hat ride side forward , sharpen his game, get another weapon and take a lesson from Manning, Brady or even Wilson and just let fans like you on their own, trust me they will. Quit over-reacting.

Agree completely, post here more often. It is good to get an outside, more objective view.

I think you hit the nail on the head about harbs and it really worries me for long term. He is too conservative, one of those coaches who is happy going into the 4th tied and winning at the end on a fg, like you can execute that week in and week out. Give me the Walsh philosophy of trying to be up by 31 points at halftime. He is a great coach, but all it takes is one tipped pass and that plan fails.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thankyou for being the voice of reason here. Kap is a great young qb and I look forward to many, many playoff runs with him.

Does he need to get better at some things? Yes, but so does the offensive schemes and players. Gore was used up at the end. O_Line does not block as well for the run as they are reputed. We don't make any use of our speedier rbs. We lack speed at wr. We play too much smash mouth with little effort or chance for big plays. We lost for lots of reasons, but one was the lack of big plays on our side while they made several. Oh, and our one big play on offense? Kap.

Sure is a good thing that the fans cannot be GM on the day of a loss.

:agree:

Did everyone forget about the 40 yard TD that the defense gave up to Marshawn Lynch?? Was that Kaep's fault too?? Being pissed about losing is fine, but blaming the loss on Kaepernick is completely :bullshit: