• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Funny you say that, because it took both Rice and Sanders to help Steve Young get his only ring... Remember he was also known as the guy who couldn't win the big game either, until he did...

So any QB who hasn't won a SB should be looked at as the next Steve Young. Great strategy. You realize Young was the league MVP 2 years before he won the SB right?

Alex Smith was not the next Steve Young, and neither is DumbDumb. DumbDumb is the next Dante Culpepper.

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So any QB who hasn't won a SB should be looked at as the next Steve Young. Great strategy. You realize Young was the league MVP 2 years before he won the SB right?

Alex Smith was not the next Steve Young, and neither is DumbDumb. DumbDumb is the next Dante Culpepper.

Pretty classy. :bullshit:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Better yet, trade him to the Rams for the 2nd pick. You'll still be able to get Clowney and you'll watch as we 'struggle' in your division

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Of course I realise his accomplishments, what Niner fan wouldn't? But how much of a primer did Young get before starting for the Niners? And when he did come to the Niners, what kind of tutelage did he get? And yet he still failed in the playoffs until the team loaded up even more talent in 1994, helping to get Young and the rest of the team over the hump...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Of course I realise his accomplishments, what Niner fan wouldn't? But how much of a primer did Young get before starting for the Niners? And when he did come to the Niners, what kind of tutelage did he get? And yet he still failed in the playoffs until the team loaded up even more talent in 1994, helping to get Young and the rest of the team over the hump...

Here's the difference between the two scenarios: Steve Young didn't have an un-fixable throwing motion, and Steve Young wasn't a football-retard.

Pretty classy. :bullshit:

Do you think flattering a guy by lying & saying he's a smart QB would be more classy?

Sorry DumbDumb. You're super smart. You think so fast you can't even see it. You're constantly getting the play in on time. :thumb:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Here's the difference between the two scenarios: Steve Young didn't have an un-fixable throwing motion, and Steve Young wasn't a football-retard.

Do you think flattering a guy by lying & saying he's a smart QB would be more classy?

Sorry DumbDumb. You're super smart. You think so fast you can't even see it. You're constantly getting the play in on time. :thumb:

I'm willing to give him another season, to see if he focuses on his football IQ and improve... I was very critical of him at the begining of the season, for the very same reason of not applying himself to being a better QB instead of a better athlete... But I also think he showed improvement the second half of the season and looked more comfortable in the pocket... The guy takes criticism to heart and I'm hoping this will only fuel him to get better... He doesn't strike me as knowing better than the rest of us, he seems like a guy that wants to get better and be the best he can be... Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers aren't walking through the door... That means 28 other teams need to work with what they have, and expect some ups and downs...

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sorry man, but I'm fairly certain that Kaep could 2 shits less about what you think about him. And I'm also fairly certain that he's heard far worse from more important people.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

More you post after last night the more creditability you lose. Jesus man get ahold of yourself. Took more than 2 years for Brees to become great. It takes time dude. There is more to it than Kaep. He isn't the reason we lost. He was the reason we were even close and played way better than previous 2 games at Seattle. He is improving and we continue to improve. Give the guy time and get over yourself

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm willing to give him another season, to see if he focuses on his football IQ and improve... I was very critical of him at the begining of the season, for the very same reason of not applying himself to being a better QB instead of a better athlete... But I also think he showed improvement the second half of the season and looked more comfortable in the pocket... The guy takes criticism to heart and I'm hoping this will only fuel him to get better... He doesn't strike me as knowing better than the rest of us, he seems like a guy that wants to get better and be the best he can be... Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers aren't walking through the door... That means 28 other teams need to work with what they have, and expect some ups and downs...

How much did he improve the second half versus being minimally used (I'll never call anyone, especially our QB, a game manager, but Harbaugh was using him like that) or weaker opponents? The home Seattle game was the exception and Arizona was a bit, too.

Maybe Roman is just used to calling game managing plays and Harbaugh doesn't overrule? I swore to everybody that they were using the regular season as experimentation and practice on Kaepernick's weaker things. The playoffs were supposed to be unleashing. However, it didn't really happen in any of the games. I don't blame them for the cold Green Bay game. Carolina has a great defense. So does Seattle. But I still thought we would see more attempts. We ran him more but that's it.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How much did he improve the second half versus being minimally used (I'll never call anyone, especially our QB, a game manager, but Harbaugh was using him like that) or weaker opponents? The home Seattle game was the exception and Arizona was a bit, too.

Maybe Roman is just used to calling game managing plays and Harbaugh doesn't overrule? I swore to everybody that they were using the regular season as experimentation and practice on Kaepernick's weaker things. The playoffs were supposed to be unleashing. However, it didn't really happen in any of the games. I don't blame them for the cold Green Bay game. Carolina has a great defense. So does Seattle. But I still thought we would see more attempts. We ran him more but that's it.

Thats the thing, there was never really a set offense this season... From starting out the season forcing Kap to throw, then to a power running game when Kap regressed, then switching the from the power running game when teams were loading up the box, back to forcing more Kap... It didn't seem like a true balance was ever found throughout the season...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More you post after last night the more creditability you lose. Jesus man get ahold of yourself. Took more than 2 years for Brees to become great. It takes time dude. There is more to it than Kaep. He isn't the reason we lost. He was the reason we were even close and played way better than previous 2 games at Seattle. He is improving and we continue to improve. Give the guy time and get over yourself

I don't want to get rid of Kaepernick. I think he'll get better. But I keep reading how everyone says that he was the reason why we were in the game. His great runs. If Kaepernick were better in the pocket like Montana says, we wouldn't have needed to use his big run plays. I don't blame Kaepernick and I do give him credit, but I don't think we should be blaming other players for Kaepernick being the only guy.

I have faith in Kaepernick. Next year, when he is better in the pocket, we will open up the runningback game and the receivers will be getting more open and hopefully catching the ball.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get rid of Kaepernick. I think he'll get better. But I keep reading how everyone says that he was the reason why we were in the game. His great runs. If Kaepernick were better in the pocket like Montana says, we wouldn't have needed to use his big run plays. I don't blame Kaepernick and I do give him credit, but I don't think we should be blaming other players for Kaepernick being the only guy. Next year, when he is better in the pocket, we will open up the runningback game and the receivers will be getting more open and hopefully catching the ball.

We were playing the best secondary in the league!!!! It wasn't going to be easy to just pass it around in the pocket against the best defense in the league at the hardest place to play.. How did Brees do the past 2 games there? Shitty. Kaep was doing what he thought would help them win and it was obviously the game plan coming in to let him run.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats the thing, there was never really a set offense this season... From starting out the season forcing Kap to throw, then to a power running game when Kap regressed, then switching the from the power running game when teams were loading up the box, back to forcing more Kap... It didn't seem like a true balance was ever found throughout the season...

Kaepernick has his issues, but that's not really fair to Kaepernick to be switching around so much (or anyone in the offense). It was like how Alex Smith had so many offensive coordinators, but Kaepernick having all this in one year.

Last edited by a moderator:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were playing the best secondary in the league!!!! It wasn't going to be easy to just pass it around in the pocket against the best defense in the league at the hardest place to play.. How did Brees do the past 2 games there? Shitty. Kaep was doing what he thought would help them win and it was obviously the game plan coming in to let him run.

I'm talking about attempts. Not about how deep.

Edit: I thought you quoted my statement about Roman. In regards to Kaepernick, I was saying that it was a team game and I didn't want to blame everyone else but Kaepernick for the beginning of the game and then only Kaepernick for the end.

Last edited by a moderator:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to get rid of Kaepernick. I think he'll get better. But I keep reading how everyone says that he was the reason why we were in the game. His great runs. If Kaepernick were better in the pocket like Montana says, we wouldn't have needed to use his big run plays. I don't blame Kaepernick and I do give him credit, but I don't think we should be blaming other players for Kaepernick being the only guy.

I have faith in Kaepernick. Next year, when he is better in the pocket, we will open up the runningback game and the receivers will be getting more open and hopefully catching the ball.

I certainly hope he gets better in the pocket but he didn't get better this offseason/season so I'm not holding my breath.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly hope he gets better in the pocket but he didn't get better this offseason/season so I'm not holding my breath.

Is Kaep 30 years old??? He is young. He will improve. How many years did it take Brees??

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Kaepernick has his issues, but that's not really fair to Kaepernick to be switching around so much (or anyone in the offense). It was like how Alex Smith had so many offensive coordinators, but Kaepernick having all this in one year.

I don't want to go overboard one way or the other, in defending him or criticizing him... I just don't think things ever came together with a good balance throughout the season... I blame Kap for part of it for not being a proper student of the game, but I also blame the coaching staff for not identifying problems as they were presented and addressing the issues...

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Kaep 30 years old??? He is young. He will improve. How many years did it take Brees??

He didn't make the leaps he should have this year. If anything, he regressed. If he didn't improve this year, I'm not going to expect him to prove next year. That's like the definition of insanity.

Brees was a quasi-late bloomer. Steve Young was a late bloomer and turned into a hall of famer. So what? There's also guys like Cutler or Flacco who became what they are in year two or three and never took another step up. Kap has a ton of potential but to assume he'll definitely be on an upward progression is short-sighted.

I'm not saying cut the guy. But we need to be open to a replacement/guy to groom. We need better QB play, and we need it as soon as we can get it. If we can't get anything better than Kap, then fine. But I'm not going to sit around and just assume he'll be the next Drew Brees because the old Drew Brees became the current Drew Brees.

Also, this is just a general point that most people seem to miss: team success doesn't not neccessarily equal QB success. QB is the most important position, yes, but just because the team did well does not mean the QB did well and vice versa. Just because Kap was the QB of an elite team doesn't mean he's an elite QB.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He didn't make the leaps he should have this year. If anything, he regressed. If he didn't improve this year, I'm not going to expect him to prove next year. That's like the definition of insanity.

Brees was a quasi-late bloomer. Steve Young was a late bloomer and turned into a hall of famer. So what? There's also guys like Cutler or Flacco who became what they are in year two or three and never took another step up. Kap has a ton of potential but to assume he'll definitely be on an upward progression is short-sighted.

I'm not saying cut the guy. But we need to be open to a replacement/guy to groom. We need better QB play, and we need it as soon as we can get it. If we can't get anything better than Kap, then fine. But I'm not going to sit around and just assume he'll be the next Drew Brees because the old Drew Brees became the current Drew Brees.

Also, this is just a general point that most people seem to miss: team success doesn't not neccessarily equal QB success. QB is the most important position, yes, but just because the team did well does not mean the QB did well and vice versa. Just because Kap was the QB of an elite team doesn't mean he's an elite QB.

The other option is to bring in a veteran to challenge Kap to be better... Last season, Alex was in Kap's ear all the time on the sidelines helping him out, and the results were at times shocking how good Kap looked as a first time starter...