• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
If Trent baalke gives this dummy a contract extension he's falling for the oldest trick in the book: believing in a dumb, run-heavy QB. They literally never win super bowls. Never.

NE...

...VER.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This thread is going to get us mocked all over. Can we delete it? Seriously man, the guy is coming from a college with NO pro style offense, in two years to going to the Super Bowl and the NFC Championship. Yes, he fucked up at the end both times, yes, he has to and must work on doing his progressions and not fucking forcing it. AND finally yes --- the best option we have is to coach him up and use our picks on our other needs, first and foremost in the secondary.

Put Kaepernick on the Colts and nobody even knows who the hell he is. The 49ers have had RIDICULOUS talent around him. Does he need more? That's probably impossible. He's never going to get more help than he has gotten the last 2 years.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Trent baalke gives this dummy a contract extension he's falling for the oldest trick in the book: believing in a dumb, run-heavy QB. They literally never win super bowls. Never.

NE...

...VER.

I hope you understand this league is starting to turn into a run QB league.. Guys who can move around and run and make plays on the move.. Not many pocket passers are going to be in the league in 5 plus years

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put Kaepernick on the Colts and nobody even knows who the hell he is. The 49ers have had RIDICULOUS talent around him. Does he need more? That's probably impossible. He's never going to get more help than he has gotten the last 2 years.

I don't disagree that we have monster talent the last 3 years and that we've been derailed by qb play, whether it's Alex Smith's performance in the NFC Title game, Kaep's end zone performance in the Superbowl or this last game. However, we've also been derailed by some pretty shitty secondary play the last two years in the playoffs, the year before we were derailed by some pretty shitty kick return play, so you get my meaning.
No one is talking about him getting more help in terms of players, I think the rest of us Sick think that
a) he is still learning the game, unlike the wunderkinds from pro style offenses like Wilson and Luck
b) he is capable of improvement
c) you have no realistic alternative that would actually improve the team.

Finally -- I get how heartbreaking this loss is, my earliest memory as a 49er fan was the early 70s game where John Brodie and the 49ers had a substantial lead against the Cowboys and blew it, but getting rid of a young qb who is still learning makes no sense. Let's see if he improves next year. If he doesn't -- then that's one thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think part of the issur here is that sick is overestimating the talent on the niners. D is great but its not even the best d in your own division. OL is great, rb is very good, wrs arent anything special and te is inconsistent. Its a really good team but its not "ridiculoud" talent. It may not even be the best in the nfc west overall

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I hope you understand this league is starting to turn into a run QB league.. Guys who can move around and run and make plays on the move.. Not many pocket passers are going to be in the league in 5 plus years

They've been saying that for decades.

Top-rated passers in the NFL this year:

1. Nick Foles
2. Peyton Manning.
3. Philip Rivers
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Drew Brees

Is that an NFL QBs list or the Olympic sprinting team???

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is calling him am elite QB after is THIRD YEAR IN THE LEAGUE AND FIRST FULL YEAR STARTING! Who says he can't be like Bree's or Young and reach his potential later than some.. You guys are insane beyond belief

It would be insane to assume he will become an elite QB as if it were some foregone conclusion that that absolutely will happen. Just because Brees and Young did it doesn't mean Kaepernick will do it.

I'm not going to go full on Sickness here and say Kap will never get any better. He might turn into the greatest QB of all time. But so might Cam Newton. Or RG3. No one has a time machine to find out. All we can go on is his play to this point. This year was a huge disappointment from the QB standpoint. I'm not just talking about the last play of the game yesterday. I'm talking about looking at the entire year. There's no question in my mind that if we had a guy like Romo or shit, even a guy like Foles, we would have been a better team. We can't sit around and assume Kap will become even a mediocre starting QB, especially considering he took no steps up this entire year and, if anything, he regressed from his first half year starting. I'm not saying replace him with any old bum just for the sake of replacing him. But definitely actively look for another QB, either in the draft or free agency. If a good prospect drops in the first and it wouldn't cost too much to trade up and snag him, I would be 100% on board with that. We need better QB play in the short and long term, and I'm not going to put all my eggs into the basket of a guy who has consistently proven to be inadequate as a QB this year.

Also, if you haven't seen posters here call him elite then you're not reading. Check out purguy's body of work.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Finally -- I get how heartbreaking this loss is, my earliest memory as a 49er fan was the early 70s game where John Brodie and the 49ers had a substantial lead against the Cowboys and blew it, but getting rid of a young qb who is still learning makes no sense. Let's see if he improves next year. If he doesn't -- then that's one thing.

1. Best OL in the NFL
2. Great running game
3. 2 1000-yard WRs.
4. One of the best (the best?) TEs in the game.

Who outside of Matt Ryan has had more help than that over the last couple of years?

Defense:

1. One of the 2 or 3 best front-7's in the NFL over the last 2 years. Maybe the best.
2. Average secondary.

That's ridiculous talent around DumbDumb.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not one to blame officiating often (if ever)... but the refs reducing the Seahawks sentence from "roughing" to "running into" the kicker in the third quarter and granting the ball to Seattle on the one yard line after Novarro Bowman had clear possession on a fumble recovery had a lot more bearing on the outcome than Kaepernick's performance.
you actually got better field position with the wrong call because of the Lynch fumble on the Seahawks 4th down try.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th highest & 11th highest yards per rush in the regular season in 2012 & 2013 respectively. And the obligatory: LOL.

To be fair, 4th+11th doesn't = 1st most bestest, especially when you consider the amount of sacks given up.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've been saying that for decades.

Top-rated passers in the NFL this year:

1. Nick Foles
2. Peyton Manning.
3. Philip Rivers
4. Aaron Rodgers
5. Drew Brees

Is that an NFL QBs list or the Olympic sprinting team???

Kap made it further than all of them except Peyton

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
To be fair, 4th+11th doesn't = 1st most bestest, especially when you consider the amount of sacks given up.

I didn't say the running game was the best in the NFL; I said the running game has been great. And when you have a 1-read QB like Kaepernick defenses tend to key on the run.

And Kaepernick getting sacked has a lot to do with the fact that he can't make a quick read, runs around all the time & has a slow delivery.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4th highest & 11th highest yards per rush in the regular season in 2012 & 2013 respectively. And the obligatory: LOL.

Well youd have to redo those numbers without kaeps yards per rush if you want a true account of the ground game without him at qb

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Well youd have to redo those numbers without kaeps yards per rush if you want a true account of the ground game without him at qb

We could also replace Kap with a QB who didn't suck at passing the ball & the rushing numbers would likewise improve. Defenses key on the run against the Niners.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could also replace Kap with a QB who didn't suck at passing the ball & the rushing numbers would likewise improve. Defenses key on the run against the Niners.

Didn't they key in on our rushers with Alex? We ran a lot, well, and short passes. Did short passes open up the run (along with the deep shots we didn't take)?

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Best OL in the NFL
2. Great running game
3. 2 1000-yard WRs.

Who outside of Matt Ryan has had more help than that over the last couple of years?

Defense:

1. One of the 2 or 3 best front-7's in the NFL over the last 2 years. Maybe the best.
2. Average secondary.

All these accolades, but did any of that talent on the offensive side of the ball actually show up yesterday?

Best O-line? Got completely dominated yesterday,

That great running game was one word- KAP (other than Kap, completely shutdown),

2 1000 yard WR 's? Doug Baldwin had more yards then Crabs and Boldin combined,

The best TE in the league had 2 catches for 16 yards

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
1. Best OL in the NFL
2. Great running game
3. 2 1000-yard WRs.

Defense:

2. Average secondary.

If the run game is so great why does it disappear sometimes? And there's no depth behind Gore.