• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Louie26

Beavers Suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,238.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these accolades, but did any of that talent on the offensive side of the ball actually show up yesterday?

Best O-line? Got completely dominated yesterday,

That great running game was one word- KAP (other than Kap, completely shutdown),

2 1000 yard WR 's? Doug Baldwin had more yards then Crabs and Boldin combined,

The best TE in the league had 2 catches for 16 yards

Sorry guys, you're spinning your wheels with this one! No talking him down. :crazy:

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sorry ...Sanchez just sucks..and I used to like him at USC..Kap is young and still has room to grow when he learns to focus. Needs to listen to the critics. Footwork, progressions, pocket awareness, staying calm instead of getting so fired up, working on touch in general. Looking at this season, we need to run more draws, screens, and short passes. Kap is the exact opposite of Alex. HE goes or the big play too much and hates to check down. We need a blend of both.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All these accolades, but did any of that talent on the offensive side of the ball actually show up yesterday?

That great running game was one word- KAP (other than Kap, completely shutdown),

Is it just me or did VD not do nearly as much damage in the latter part of the season compared to earlier in the season? Perhaps defenses just found a way to take away his seam route.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it just me or did VD not do nearly as much damage in the latter part of the season compared to earlier in the season? Perhaps defenses just found a way to take away his seam route.

Crabtree came back from his injury which means less times Davis will be the #1 option and since Kaep doesnt go through progressions, this means a decline in catches for Davis.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the run game is so great why does it disappear sometimes? And there's no depth behind Gore.

Maybe because teams focus on shutting down the run? :noidea:

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe designing plays around Kaeps running ability takes away from a great running back like gore's strengths. That said, I do think Gore was either injured toward the end of the year or he lost a step. Hunter should have gotten more touches yesterday.

You pointing out the WR ineptitude also speaks to Kaepernicks ineptitude. This team has great receiving talent and they were open yesterday.

PaythePiper

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Kap thew that dart in mid-air, i almost pooped myself. If this kid can learn to read progressions, he will be so dangerous. But that's a big IF

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,805.48
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow.....

surely-you-jest-103129236641.jpeg

.....This thread makes for some great satire.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea he only kept us in the game with his 130 yards rushing because Gore and our OL played like shit, I truly think its time to split the carries with Hunter and Gore. I want to see Hunter get 10 car a game, he is fresh and looks quicker

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay a lot of these posts are terrible. I think Kap has alot to work on fundamentally as a QB. If he works hard at those things, like reads, and progressions he will be a great qb. I am disappointed that he chose to spend last season working on his speed. (Thats not all he worked on I am sure but he should have devoted more time to his weaknesses.) I think there are some over reactions, and until he wins the big game he will probably get these reactions. I personally blame alot of the 2nd half on play calling. They went away from the Kap designed runs, and should have had Hunter in the game alot more. Hunter is faster and can break the edge better than Gore. The Seahawks front seven had the run up the middle plugged everytime. Our offensive coordinator needs to pull his head out of his ass. The refs were shitty but what are you gonna do about bad calls. They were bad all year in every game not just this one. The NFL needs to employ them full time and make them learn the rules better to enforce the right calls this isnt pop warner.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the biggest thing, on 1st down from the Seattle 18 with 35 seconds left, I would like to see a designed Kap run. The 2nd half they should have ran him more, his legs were the only reason we had the lead

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry ...Sanchez just sucks..and I used to like him at USC..Kap is young and still has room to grow when he learns to focus. Needs to listen to the critics. Footwork, progressions, pocket awareness, staying calm instead of getting so fired up, working on touch in general. Looking at this season, we need to run more draws, screens, and short passes. Kap is the exact opposite of Alex. HE goes or the big play too much and hates to check down. We need a blend of both.

Kap's already a better QB than Sanchez ever was.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap's already a better QB than Sanchez ever was.

Alex Smith is and never will be great. He has no arm and checks the ball down every play, I watched it again this year in KC, I have a couple buddies that are chiefs fans and they were pissed, I told them they will never win shit with him because he isnt a good QB and has a noodle arm.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith is and never will be great. He has no arm and checks the ball down every play, I watched it again this year in KC, I have a couple buddies that are chiefs fans and they were pissed, I told them they will never win shit with him because he isnt a good QB and has a noodle arm.

He opened it up the second half of last year and they will win with him. Reid had him expanding his deep attempts in the second half. He was the only QB in playoff history to have 350+ yards, 4+ TDs, 0 INTs, and 50+ rushing yards in a playoff game. While his sample size is small, he has the highest playoff rating in history. I expect his team's postseason record to improve.

Everyone's got an opinion and I know Chief fans, too. You have your opinion and it's not representative of their fan base. Your prognosticating is no less of a guess than anyone else's.

By the way, I have been defending Kaepernick too and didn't argue the QB switch last year, just done thing's are over the top.

Last edited by a moderator:

zman1527

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He opened it up the second half of last year and they will win with him. Reid had him expanding his deep attempts in the second half. He was the only QB in playoff history to have 350+ yards, 4+ TDs, 0 INTs, and 50+ rushing yards in a playoff game. While his sample size is small, he has the highest playoff rating in history. I expect his team's postseason record to improve.

Everyone's got an opinion and I know Chief fans, too. You have your opinion and it's not representative of their fan base. Your prognosticating is no less of a guess than anyone else's.

By the way, I have been defending Kaepernick too and didn't argue the QB switch last year, just done thing's are over the top.

Some guys, like badger, just don't facts get in the way of their opinion. LOL

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You pointing out the WR ineptitude also speaks to Kaepernicks ineptitude.

I don't know about all that. I wouldn't use the terms "retard" or "slow-thinking" or "incapable-of-learning-from-his-idiotic-inexcuseable-mistakes." That's a little harsh. I think the term "ineptitude" would be more accurate in describing DumbDumb.

home dog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize the Texans wouldn't trade their #1 for Kaepernick, right?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
you do realize the Texans wouldn't trade their #1 for Kaepernick, right?

Well that all depends on how desperate they are for a QB.

DumbDumb is certainly a better QB than Jonny Manziel & Teddy Bridgewater.

I haven't seen enough of Blake Bortles yet to say anything substantive about him...

But if they think Manziel or Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft and they're set on a QB they would probably trade the pick for Tattoo Man. The #1 pick overall isn't worth the same every year.

home dog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that all depends on how desperate they are for a QB.

DumbDumb is certainly a better QB than Jonny Manziel & Teddy Bridgewater.

I haven't seen enough of Blake Bortles yet to say anything substantive about him...

But if they think Manziel or Bridgewater is the best QB in the draft and they're set on a QB they would probably trade the pick for Tattoo Man. The #1 pick overall isn't worth the same every year.

Manziel faced top competition in college and put up incredible numbers. he doesn't have Kap's size obviously, but he has much better intangibles (football IQ and leadership) and goes through his reads.

Bridgewater is an elite pocket passer with incredible accuracy which is highly coveted in the NFL.

now, i don't necessarily believe Manziel or Bridgewater are worth a #1 pick either. but the problem with trading for Kap is that he'll be due for a new contract in a year and will probably get around $18M/per.

that's insane money for a low IQ guy at the QB position who can't throw in the pocket or read defenses. his only real threat is with his feet.