• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
More you post after last night the more creditability you lose. Jesus man get ahold of yourself. Took more than 2 years for Brees to become great. It takes time dude. There is more to it than Kaep. He isn't the reason we lost. He was the reason we were even close and played way better than previous 2 games at Seattle. He is improving and we continue to improve. Give the guy time and get over yourself

Brees didn't have problems with him that are un-fixable. You could make the exact same argument defending the prospect of signing Tim Tebow.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way is Carson Palmer available this offseason?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other option is to bring in a veteran to challenge Kap to be better... Last season, Alex was in Kap's ear all the time on the sidelines helping him out, and the results were at times shocking how good Kap looked as a first time starter...

I would love for Smith to come back as a quarterback coach when he retires. Not sure if he would want to coach or if he would stay in Kansas City for that. He won't answer my calls anymore. ;)

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other option is to bring in a veteran to challenge Kap to be better... Last season, Alex was in Kap's ear all the time on the sidelines helping him out, and the results were at times shocking how good Kap looked as a first time starter...

As long as that QB is good enough to potentially be better than Kap and he will get the starting job if he truly is a better QB then I'm all for that.

Not sure who that would be though. Seems like the only remote candidate is Schaub, and he doesn't exactly inspire a whole lot of confidence in me. I really don't hate Sick's Sanchez idea either. Dude seems like he could be a rich man's Alex Smith, which might actually be a step up from Kap.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Crap. I just looked it up, and Carson Palmer has one more year left on his contract.

Wonder what the Cards would want in a trade...

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Brees didn't have problems with him that are un-fixable. You could make the exact same argument defending the prospect of signing Tim Tebow.

Sure he did, his heighth is very unfixable... And if he did his job well enough for long enough in San Diego, there would have been no drafting of Phillip Rivers and Brees would still be a Charger... The point is, Brees found ways to put his game together and become elite, its too bad SD gave up on him too soon...

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sure he did, his heighth is very unfixable... And if he did his job well enough for long enough in San Diego, there would have been no drafting of Phillip Rivers and Brees would still be a Charger... The point is, Brees found ways to put his game together and become elite, its too bad SD gave up on him too soon...

Being 6 feet tall doesn't need to be fixed (he's taller than Russell Wilson, and Russell Wilson makes DumbDumb look like Jamarcus Russell). Being a mental midget and having a slow, herky-jerky throwing motion is something that needs to be fixed; problem is it's not going to be.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Being 6 feet tall doesn't need to be fixed (he's taller than Russell Wilson, and Russell Wilson makes DumbDumb look like Jamarcus Russell). Being a mental midget and having a slow, herky-jerky throwing motion is something that needs to be fixed; problem is it's not going to be.

Sick, are you serious right now? You are the single most critical guy around draft time to focus on measurables... Now all of a sudden heighth doesn't matter? lol

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't make the leaps he should have this year. If anything, he regressed. If he didn't improve this year, I'm not going to expect him to prove next year. That's like the definition of insanity.

Brees was a quasi-late bloomer. Steve Young was a late bloomer and turned into a hall of famer. So what? There's also guys like Cutler or Flacco who became what they are in year two or three and never took another step up. Kap has a ton of potential but to assume he'll definitely be on an upward progression is short-sighted.

I'm not saying cut the guy. But we need to be open to a replacement/guy to groom. We need better QB play, and we need it as soon as we can get it. If we can't get anything better than Kap, then fine. But I'm not going to sit around and just assume he'll be the next Drew Brees because the old Drew Brees became the current Drew Brees.

Also, this is just a general point that most people seem to miss: team success doesn't not neccessarily equal QB success. QB is the most important position, yes, but just because the team did well does not mean the QB did well and vice versa. Just because Kap was the QB of an elite team doesn't mean he's an elite QB.

Nobody is calling him am elite QB after is THIRD YEAR IN THE LEAGUE AND FIRST FULL YEAR STARTING! Who says he can't be like Bree's or Young and reach his potential later than some.. You guys are insane beyond belief

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, are you serious right now? You are the single most critical guy around draft time to focus on measurables... Now all of a sudden heighth doesn't matter? lol

Have you ever once heard me cite measurable as the reason to draft a QB? I predicted Cam Newton would be a bust. I predicted RGIII would be below average. I predicted Geno Smith would fail.

We're not talking about a defensive end or a wide receiver.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap. I just looked it up, and Carson Palmer has one more year left on his contract.

Wonder what the Cards would want in a trade...

How old is Palmer?? What has he won?? :lol:

Pathetic

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Nobody is calling him am elite QB after is THIRD YEAR IN THE LEAGUE AND FIRST FULL YEAR STARTING! Who says he can't be like Bree's or Young and reach his potential later than some.. You guys are insane beyond belief

I'm not advocating that the Niners keep replacing QBs until they have an elite QB. I'm advocating getting rid of a QB if he has huge problems that can't be fixed. If Alex Smith had a better arm he'd probably be an elite QB. As of now he sucks. TGL is football-retarded. He's repeated the EXACT same mistakes he's made over and over and over and over and over and over again.

And his throwing motion will never change. His delivery will never speed up.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sickness - If Green Bay had caught that 4th quarter interception would you have come to the same conclusion or did you need to see the Carolina and Seattle game? Was there something particular about this game that wouldn't have been shown by a Green Bay pick six (or close)? Just curious, not trying to put my own opinion into it.

NinerSickness, not sure if this was buried in the thread or if you declined to answer. If the former, thoughts?

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not advocating that the Niners keep replacing QBs until they have an elite QB. I'm advocating getting rid of a QB if he has huge problems that can't be fixed. If Alex Smith had a better arm he'd probably be an elite QB. As of now he sucks. TGL is football-retarded. He's repeated the EXACT same mistakes he's made over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Smith doesn't suck, he's just not our franchise guy. Yes, he'll improve his YPA and completion percentage in 2014-15.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mistakes that a QB in his first full year starting makes?? Yeah.. He will learn and get better. It is also on the coaches too. We don't know what goes on beyond the game and what the coaches are telling him.. Let the guy try and get better before riding him off saying how he sucks.

I don't think his motion hurts anything.. I havent heard people mentioning it until now.. Give the guy time and quit overreacting.. There isn't going to be another Manning or Brady coming out of the draft anytime soon. Luck is probably the closest to it and it will probably take another 5 to 10 years until we see another great QB.

Kaepernick is the best option. Period.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is going to get us mocked all over. Can we delete it? Seriously man, the guy is coming from a college with NO pro style offense, in two years to going to the Super Bowl and the NFC Championship. Yes, he fucked up at the end both times, yes, he has to and must work on doing his progressions and not fucking forcing it. AND finally yes --- the best option we have is to coach him up and use our picks on our other needs, first and foremost in the secondary.