• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He opened it up the second half of last year and they will win with him. Reid had him expanding his deep attempts in the second half. He was the only QB in playoff history to have 350+ yards, 4+ TDs, 0 INTs, and 50+ rushing yards in a playoff game. While his sample size is small, he has the highest playoff rating in history. I expect his team's postseason record to improve.

Everyone's got an opinion and I know Chief fans, too. You have your opinion and it's not representative of their fan base. Your prognosticating is no less of a guess than anyone else's.

By the way, I have been defending Kaepernick too and didn't argue the QB switch last year, just done thing's are over the top.

Kap arm>>>>>>smith arm, Kap legs>>>>>.any other qb legs. smith has a noddle arm and is mr checkdown, he always has been, he is a afraid to take shots down the field, go check D.Bowe numbers this year, their big play guy couldnt get the ball b/c smith wouldnt take chances down the field bc his arm strength sucks, these are facts, deal with it

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap arm>>>>>>smith arm, Kap legs>>>>>.any other qb legs. smith has a noddle arm and is mr checkdown, he always has been, he is a afraid to take shots down the field, go check D.Bowe numbers this year, their big play guy couldnt get the ball b/c smith wouldnt take chances down the field bc his arm strength sucks, these are facts, deal with it

His second half numbers to Bowe are better (1042 per 16) and next year will be improved. I never said anything about Kaepernick. Smith wasn't checking down as much in the second half as he had been here or in that first half. He is checking down less with Reid. I can't help it if you don't watch all the games and go by box scores and biased presumptions based on here and maybe a few games you caught in KC. Never argued about his arm strength, he can also do plenty of things with that on strength that you put down. There's no reason to put down Smith to elevate Kaepernick. There was no comparison.

Plus, most quarterback throws are short. Check out this graph: Pass Atlas: A Map of Where NFL Quarterbacks Throw the Ball «

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manziel faced top competition in college and put up incredible numbers. he doesn't have Kap's size obviously, but he has much better intangibles (football IQ and leadership) and goes through his reads.

Bridgewater is an elite pocket passer with incredible accuracy which is highly coveted in the NFL.

now, i don't necessarily believe Manziel or Bridgewater are worth a #1 pick either. but the problem with trading for Kap is that he'll be due for a new contract in a year and will probably get around $18M/per.

that's insane money for a low IQ guy at the QB position who can't throw in the pocket or read defenses. his only real threat is with his feet.

Leadership :laugh3: That is some funny stuff. Manziel and leadership in the same sentence. I guess you forgot what happen in the offseason and after he won the Heisman.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His second half numbers to Bowe are better (1042 per 16) and next year will be improved. I never said anything about Kaepernick. Smith wasn't checking down as much in the second half as he had been here or in that first half. He is checking down less with Reid. I can't help it if you don't watch all the games and go by box scores and biased presumptions based on here and maybe a few games you caught in KC. Never argued about his arm strength, he can also do plenty of things with that on strength that you put down. There's no reason to put down Smith to elevate Kaepernick. There was no comparison.

Plus, most quarterback throws are short. Check out this graph: Pass Atlas: A Map of Where NFL Quarterbacks Throw the Ball «

Just for clarification, I posted the pass atlas in regards to checking down, not as to arm strength. I know that arm strength has more to do with velocity, not deepness of throws. So I wasn't posting that for arm strength, though I could apply that in a limited fashion. If most throws of all NFL QBs are in the flats or short they are not tight window throws which doesn't require that much velocity per se. Limited arm strength of course limits the playbook, but it's not every aspect of being a quarterback. So one can call him limited and not want him as their quarterback, but that doesn't make him a sucky or ineffective quarterback.

I have also read more people saying that his arm strength is fine, not exceptional, and not deficient. People that had more expertise than some poster here. But some will exaggerate that because of their preference of passes.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming late to the party and this may have been touched on... But everyone realizes that the notion of trading Kap means the 9ers get something in return right?

If everyone in the NFL thought the same of Kap as his passionate fan base you would be talking a kings ransom in trade value for him, RGIII trade or Julio Jones trade value. If he's as great as the passionate ones believe why not?

The thing is he isn't worth it. He has incredible athleticism and all the tools you could ever want in a QB. However the six inches between his ears has issues, same weaknesses in his game and next year is his 4th year (some act like hes a rookie). Fans have a right to be upset with high expectations; he took over a team that was 6-2 and had just played in the NFC Championship the prior year. Its not like we were a shity team coming into the season and Kap turned us around like Luck did with the Cults. didn't make people around him better in fact Boldin bailed this guy out time after time. He is a game manager and people are not scared of this guy in the passing game.

The one read and take off was the only offensive plan that worked with this guy in the playoffs. Plus the 3 turn overs when the game was on the line and the delay of game penalty on 3rd and 1 are unacceptable.

Kaps trade value is somewhere around what Alex Smith was traded for.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00

Not even close. He's better than these college prospects who will be first round picks. DumbDumb is worth any pick in the draft including the 1st one because it's incredibly hard to find even an average QB in the NFL.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. He's better than these college prospects who will be first round picks. DumbDumb is worth any pick in the draft including the 1st one because it's incredibly hard to find even an average QB in the NFL.

I see what you did there. Smith is at least average. But seriously, Kaep is younger, more athletic, and if not told to be conservative by a Harbaugh, slings it enough. We could get a lot more for Kaepernick.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming late to the party and this may have been touched on... But everyone realizes that the notion of trading Kap means the 9ers get something in return right?

If everyone in the NFL thought the same of Kap as his passionate fan base you would be talking a kings ransom in trade value for him, RGIII trade or Julio Jones trade value. If he's as great as the passionate ones believe why not?

The thing is he isn't worth it. He has incredible athleticism and all the tools you could ever want in a QB. However the six inches between his ears has issues, same weaknesses in his game and next year is his 4th year (some act like hes a rookie). Fans have a right to be upset with high expectations; he took over a team that was 6-2 and had just played in the NFC Championship the prior year. Its not like we were a shity team coming into the season and Kap turned us around like Luck did with the Cults. didn't make people around him better in fact Boldin bailed this guy out time after time. He is a game manager and people are not scared of this guy in the passing game.

The one read and take off was the only offensive plan that worked with this guy in the playoffs. Plus the 3 turn overs when the game was on the line and the delay of game penalty on 3rd and 1 are unacceptable.

:gaah: I hate the term game manager. Kaepernick is more than that, he was just used like that. I thought that they were going to unleash Kaepernick in the playoffs and in the regular season they were treating him like a game manager. However we never did - partly due to our opponents and partly due to Roman.

NinersFan80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm then why do you want to get rid of him so bad?? You make no sense!

:L

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah: I hate the term game manager. Kaepernick is more than that, he was just used like that. I thought that they were going to unleash Kaepernick in the playoffs and in the regular season they were treating him like a game manager. However we never did - partly due to our opponents and partly due to Roman.

You may hate the term 'game manager' but that's what he has done so that's what he is. This season has lot of whoulda-coulda-shoulda like a second read in Kaps progressions.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may hate the term 'game manager' but that's what he has done so that's what he is. This season has lot of whoulda-coulda-shoulda like a second read in Kaps progressions.

Fair enough, that's how Harbaugh uses his quarterbacks. I'm just trying to be consistent. I think that game manager is a condescending term. It basically means that no matter how well you do, your capped. That there's only one way to be a good quarterback and if you don't do it that way and your team wins, you're a game manager.

I am fine with someone saying someone's average, below-average, above-average, great, elite, poor, etc. I feel that way it is still debatable. If they talk about how someone is used, then unless he is used differently, it's not debatable. Any success is masked in that term. And no one will debate that term, because they don't see it as an insult.

Calling someone a poor quarterback is an insult as well, but someone who disagrees will say something because they know it's an insult. Calling him a game manager, if you don't see it as an insult, no one will debate it. I feel that sometimes people call someone a game manager not because they are throwing the ball a few times, but as an insult to explain away any success.

That's just my thought process, obviously, people can disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:

home dog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

that's what i noticed about Alex Smith too, he definitely became a much better QB in the 2H of the season and was throwing it downfield regularly. i hope he and Reid continue doing well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's what i noticed about Alex Smith too, he definitely became a much better QB in the 2H of the season and was throwing it downfield regularly. i hope he and Reid continue doing well.

He has to continue progressing to a more aggressive system, but he's started to do it. Reid is getting to him in a way he wouldn't have here. Again, to anyone, I'm not comparing him to Kaepernick, calling him great, dismissing arm strength, or calling him a gunslinger. Just saying that he is being used differently than here, passing more and deeper, had his growing pains - lower completion percent affects YPA.

Reid doesn't like using runningbacks traditionally and thus will put the ball in Smith's hands more to pass. Smith doesn't need things perfect, he needs an offensive minded coach to win and a pass happy coach to produce - he has both in Reid. We aren't pass happy, something that makes people ignorantly criticize Kaepernick. Defense helps everybody and very few can win without one - this needn't be a Smith thing. Jamaal Charles will be relied on less next year. The offense will grow. Smith did well without Charles in the playoff game.

badazzk9

Key Master
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, that's how Harbaugh uses his quarterbacks. I'm just trying to be consistent. I think that game manager is a condescending term. It basically means that no matter how well you do, your capped. That there's only one way to be a good quarterback and if you don't do it that way and your team wins, you're a game manager.

I am fine with someone saying someone's average, below-average, above-average, great, elite, poor, etc. I feel that way it is still debatable. If they talk about how someone is used, then unless he is used differently, it's not debatable. Any success is masked in that term. And no one will debate that term, because they don't see it as an insult.

Calling someone a poor quarterback is an insult as well, but someone who disagrees will say something because they know it's an insult. Calling him a game manager, if you don't see it as an insult, no one will debate it. I feel that sometimes people call someone a game manager not because they are throwing the ball a few times, but as an insult to explain away any success.

That's just my thought process, obviously, people can disagree.

I'm with you on the game manager thing, I really don't find it an insult, but the game manager tag doesn't make you elite unless you get rings (Joe Montana). I do believe Alex gets a bad rap for the whole game manager thing but if you watch his game it is just smart football. I will also say I wish Kap ran as hard for a first down as Alex does. I got to watch a few 49ers and Chief games side by side and that was the one thing that stood out. When Alex scrambled he ran like a man possessed fighting for a first down as when Kap scrambles he doesn't have that fight in him and goes down early. I understand someone could say e could get hurt but its football make a play to try and get your team the win or go out there with waterwings. That really bugged me this year and he runs with the ball way too far away from his body... anyways just a tit bit that I've witnessed.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to troll but doesn't it seem he does better without Crabtree? Rewatching the game it appeared other options were there but he was dead set on Crabtree. The only time, I can recall, that he looked up while running was his TD throw to Boldin.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with you on the game manager thing, I really don't find it an insult, but the game manager tag doesn't make you elite unless you get rings (Joe Montana). I do believe Alex gets a bad rap for the whole game manager thing but if you watch his game it is just smart football. I will also say I wish Kap ran as hard for a first down as Alex does. I got to watch a few 49ers and Chief games side by side and that was the one thing that stood out. When Alex scrambled he ran like a man possessed fighting for a first down as when Kap scrambles he doesn't have that fight in him and goes down early. I understand someone could say e could get hurt but its football make a play to try and get your team the win or go out there with waterwings. That really bugged me this year and he runs with the ball way too far away from his body... anyways just a tit bit that I've witnessed.

I've gotta think that Harbaugh was coaching him to save his body.

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know about all that. I wouldn't use the terms "retard" or "slow-thinking" or "incapable-of-learning-from-his-idiotic-inexcuseable-mistakes." That's a little harsh. I think the term "ineptitude" would be more accurate in describing DumbDumb.
Huh? I was talking about Dum... I mean Kaepernick.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not trying to troll but doesn't it seem he does better without Crabtree? Rewatching the game it appeared other options were there but he was dead set on Crabtree. The only time, I can recall, that he looked up while running was his TD throw to Boldin.

Stats say otherwise. QB rating, TD to INT ratio, YPG and win pct were all better with Crabs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats say otherwise. QB rating, TD to INT ratio, YPG and win pct were all better with Crabs.

I didn't see a ton of 49ers games so guess I'm speaking more of his against the Seahawks. On the play to Boldin he really looked like a great quarterback when he was scrambling but trying to keep the play alive not scrambling looking to take off. Not many QB's could've made that play he did.