• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's no point in indulging this recent crop of anti-Kap posters that seemingly banded together after the playoff loss to Seattle.

And I crack up when members of that group complain about his future contract situation. As if the money is coming out of their pocket. I wonder if they have any understanding of the current QB market.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
There's no point in indulging this recent crop of anti-Kap posters that seemingly banded together after the playoff loss to Seattle..

There's no point in indulging the blind, pro-Kap posters who can't see that the guy is football retarded & the beneficiary of great surrounding talent rather than his own.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There's no point in indulging the blind, pro-Kap posters who can't see that the guy is football retarded & the beneficiary of great surrounding talent rather than his own.

Notice how I didn't use words like "blind" and "retarded." When you use words like that to make your argument, then maybe you are the blind one.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying Kaep is the answer, but your contingency plan is...?

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Kaep is the answer, but your contingency plan is...?

Clyde, on the first page of this thread, you mentioned that you would not be opposed to drafting a QB in round 2. I don't necessarily disagree, I just don't have any QBs in this draft that I feel would hit the ability that Kap shows. Is there a QB or two that you are hot about in this draft?

I also didn't bother sifting through 12 pages of Pro/Anti Kap talk so I apologize in advance if you are repeating yourself.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clyde, on the first page of this thread, you mentioned that you would not be opposed to drafting a QB in round 2. I don't necessarily disagree, I just don't have any QBs in this draft that I feel would hit the ability that Kap shows. Is there a QB or two that you are hot about in this draft?

I also didn't bother sifting through 12 pages of Pro/Anti Kap talk so I apologize in advance if you are repeating yourself.

It's an easy thread to recap --- Kaep is the reason we lost the super bowl and the NFC Title game, he's also responsible for the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, no he's not, there are other reasons, no he's not, he's played well despite his flaws and there's no back up plan that's better, you're all wrong and Kaep apologists and maybe you guys are the reason for the disappearance of Flight 370, no you're a fucking overemotional moron who is blinded by Kaep hatred.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Just think about the ESPN Alex threads and you get the idea.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about our D that gave up 2 crucial long passes that resulted in a 10 point swing, one off a ridiculous offsides penalty that gave RW a free shot in the end zone, but yeah lets put all the blame on our QB who was basically our entire offense in the first half of the game. Not saying Kap doesn't shoulder some of the blame but let's put things into perspective here.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U are going to have your Kap Haters and your Kap Homers. Fact is he is a good QB that wins.
Kap Haters have no argument they just throw out their opinion. Kap Homers at least have facts to back them up.

Im a Big Kap fan. Do I think he is the greatest no. He has work to do. He is in the Top 10 QB and anyone that wants to get rid of him is nuts. I like Winning and that's what he does.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
How about our D that gave up 2 crucial long passes that resulted in a 10 point swing, one off a ridiculous offsides penalty that gave RW a free shot in the end zone, but yeah lets put all the blame on our QB who was basically our entire offense in the first half of the game. Not saying Kap doesn't shoulder some of the blame but let's put things into perspective here.

One of my big questions coming out of that game was whatever Wilson throws that ball if not for the offsides. It was 4th down, so an INT might even be better than an incompletion. That said, that's a tough frame if mind for a QB to get into. I tend to think Wilson would not have thrown that ball to that spot but for the penalty, but we can't say that with certainty.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
U are going to have your Kap Haters and your Kap Homers. Fact is he is a good QB that wins.
Kap Haters have no argument they just throw out their opinion. Kap Homers at least have facts to back them up.

Im a Big Kap fan. Do I think he is the greatest no. He has work to do. He is in the Top 10 QB and anyone that wants to get rid of him is nuts. I like Winning and that's what he does.

This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've seen, mostly for obvious reasons re: Kap homers versus haters.

Kap is a good player who wins a lot. He is not a good QB right now. He is an ok QB with elite physical skills. Looking at his combined abilities, he may be sniffing top ten, but he's toward the bottom of that list. He was fantastic for a QB making his first starts last year. He has plateaued or even regressed since. It's silly to talk about getting rid of him, but I'm also uncomfortable at the prospect of paying him over eighteen million a year.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is one of the more ridiculous posts I've seen, mostly for obvious reasons re: Kap homers versus haters.

Kap is a good player who wins a lot. He is not a good QB right now. He is an ok QB with elite physical skills. Looking at his combined abilities, he may be sniffing top ten, but he's toward the bottom of that list. He was fantastic for a QB making his first starts last year. He has plateaued or even regressed since. It's silly to talk about getting rid of him, but I'm also uncomfortable at the prospect of paying him over eighteen million a year.

Kap was also hurt by losng Crabtree last year and not having a reliable 2nd WR. Another absurd post here was claiming the 49ers would have won the NFCG with Flacco.

Last edited by a moderator:

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can criticize Kap for his play without exculpating the defense (or whoever) for their own failings. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

You can also criticize Kap for his play without focusing just on the 4th quarter of the NFC championship. Things like the first Seattle game, the Carolina regular season game, the Indy game, the Superbowl, etc. exist.

Come on guys, don't be dumb.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can criticize Kap for his play without exculpating the defense (or whoever) for their own failings. Those two things aren't mutually exclusive.

You can also criticize Kap for his play without focusing just on the 4th quarter of the NFC championship. Things like the first Seattle game, the Carolina regular season game, the Indy game, the Superbowl, etc. exist.

Come on guys, don't be dumb.

You are right. Plenty of blame to go around. Also can blame the FO and coaching staff fot not addressimg WR issue

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He might be at the bottom of that list and that is fine. He has only started for a year and a 1/2. Also he is a good QB already. Like I said I look at Winning and what he has done in the post season and that backs up anyone that says he is good. Harbaugh has mention many times that he puts the breaks on during the season because he wants to keep Kap Healthy and doesn't want to show everything. So Season stats are great they aren't everything. You have to look at the playoffs and ask yourself has he won. The anser to that is yes and he has been one of the main reasons we have won in the playoffs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was the main reason we even had a shot at winning in the superbowl. Defense just didn't show up and hey it happens.

Overall Kap is a good QB and anyone who thinks any of these QBs in this draft is a better solution is just crazy. Not many QBs in this league right now have done what he has done so far in their Careers.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap was the main reason we even had a shot at winning in the superbowl. Defense just didn't show up and hey it happens.

Overall Kap is a good QB and anyone who thinks any of these QBs in this draft is a better solution is just crazy. Not many QBs in this league right now have done what he has done so far in their Careers.
I would agree with what I bolded in your comment but I fail to see who has posted that a draft pick would be better than Kap as a starter. Most here are just posting that he needs progress at the position. Is there any problem with that? BTW to get to a SB takes a team effort so I fail to see that Kap was the main reason the 9ers had a shot at winning. He made a great effort to get us back in the game but failed in the end...just like the NFCCG last season. Other problems such as playcalling,poor defense ,bad penalty calls ,etc make a point to the losses but in the end we need a guy who can get the 9ers the win. That what a QB does.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with what I bolded in your comment but I fail to see who has posted that a draft pick would be better than Kap as a starter. Most here are just posting that he needs progress at the position. Is there any problem with that? BTW to get to a SB takes a team effort so I fail to see that Kap was the main reason the 9ers had a shot at winning. He made a great effort to get us back in the game but failed in the end...just like the NFCCG last season. Other problems such as playcalling,poor defense ,bad penalty calls ,etc make a point to the losses but in the end we need a guy who can get the 9ers the win. That what a QB does.

Just look at the Thread. Trade kap to Houston for the #1 pick. We would have to draft a QB we traded Kap. Just common sense. Also some others have posted that they should trade Kap.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just look at the Thread. Trade kap to Houston for the #1 pick. We would have to draft a QB we traded Kap. Just common sense. Also some others have posted that they should trade Kap.
Just a thread started by sickness. It was more a joke then a real idea. He does that often and many posters take the bait. Have fun with what you think this thread was all about.