• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just a thread started by sickness. It was more a joke then a real idea. He does that often and many posters take the bait. Have fun with what you think this thread was all about.

What are you talking about? In no way was I joking. I would much rather have the #1 pick overall than Kaepernick, and I was 100% serious about him being football retarded.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He might be at the bottom of that list and that is fine. He has only started for a year and a 1/2. Also he is a good QB already. Like I said I look at Winning and what he has done in the post season and that backs up anyone that says he is good. Harbaugh has mention many times that he puts the breaks on during the season because he wants to keep Kap Healthy and doesn't want to show everything. So Season stats are great they aren't everything. You have to look at the playoffs and ask yourself has he won. The anser to that is yes and he has been one of the main reasons we have won in the playoffs.

Flacco and Eli both have had success in the postseason. Are they above Kap as QBs? You're right, season stats aren't everything, but Kap was only ok as a passer in the playoffs this year. Against the Hawks, he was pretty bad. Two picks, lucky he didn't have a third, and he put the ball on the ground twice. He did some damage with his feet, but he has to do a better job throwing the ball.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kap was the main reason we even had a shot at winning in the superbowl. Defense just didn't show up and hey it happens.

Overall Kap is a good QB and anyone who thinks any of these QBs in this draft is a better solution is just crazy. Not many QBs in this league right now have done what he has done so far in their Careers.

The defense didn't show up in the first half. They did a nice job in the second, particularly if we take away the STs TD. They were also put in a bad spot by the Kaepernick INT and James fumble. Kap staged a nice comeback in that game, but he was a big part of why we needed the comeback to begin with.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are you talking about? In no way was I joking. I would much rather have the #1 pick overall than Kaepernick, and I was 100% serious about him being football retarded.
And as I stated ,no QB in this draft is better than Kap ,not just my opinion.....a fact.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And as I stated ,no QB in this draft is better than Kap ,not just my opinion.....a fact.

I agree, and that's why I think Houston would be open to trading for him if the Niners offered.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just a thread started by sickness. It was more a joke then a real idea. He does that often and many posters take the bait. Have fun with what you think this thread was all about.

He's dead serious and that's what makes this thread such a joke.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He might be at the bottom of that list and that is fine. He has only started for a year and a 1/2. Also he is a good QB already. Like I said I look at Winning and what he has done in the post season and that backs up anyone that says he is good. Harbaugh has mention many times that he puts the breaks on during the season because he wants to keep Kap Healthy and doesn't want to show everything. So Season stats are great they aren't everything. You have to look at the playoffs and ask yourself has he won. The anser to that is yes and he has been one of the main reasons we have won in the playoffs.

Alex Smith won in 2011, and some of 2012 before he got hurt?

ok, it is good Kaep has won games, no doubt about it, but also think it is being over used? the 49er TEAM is good and most decent QB's would win too. but if you focus on just Kaep's passing ability..................and why do you focus on passing ability? because that's just the way the NFL is set-up. the quality of an NFL QB starts with passing, not running.

I DO give Kaep extra credit for playing well in the play-offs. that stage isn't too big for him as he didn't look shaky/lost at all.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alex Smith won in 2011, and some of 2012 before he got hurt?

ok, it is good Kaep has won games, no doubt about it, but also think it is being over used? the 49er TEAM is good and most decent QB's would win too. but if you focus on just Kaep's passing ability..................and why do you focus on passing ability? because that's just the way the NFL is set-up. the quality of an NFL QB starts with passing, not running.

I DO give Kaep extra credit for playing well in the play-offs. that stage isn't too big for him as he didn't look shaky/lost at all.

Yes maybe other QBs would win in the regular season with this 49er team but playoffs are a different animal. Kap has been almost great in the playoffs. No way we make it back to back NFC championship games and 1 super bowl with just any QB. Kap has had 1 bad Playoff game so far and even in that game he was 95% of the offense. He also played better against Seattle in Seattle then Manning did at a neutral field with more weapons.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaepernick obviously has work to do to get better, but I don't think he is neglecting the film room, I don't think he's too stupid to learn the craft, I don't think he's focusing on the wrong things, and I do think that laying the Super Bowl and NFC title games on him alone is ridiculous. He's had 1 1/2 seasons, coming out of a college offense that despite its appeal, was not a pro style offense, and last season he had to go for most of it without his main and number one receiver.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kaepernick obviously has work to do to get better, but I don't think he is neglecting the film room, I don't think he's too stupid to learn the craft, I don't think he's focusing on the wrong things, and I do think that laying the Super Bowl and NFC title games on him alone is ridiculous. He's had 1 1/2 seasons, coming out of a college offense that despite its appeal, was not a pro style offense, and last season he had to go for most of it without his main and number one receiver.

Kaeperxcuses. Just kidding, I agree with this. I would like better reporting of what he is working on, as a fan, but I'm sure he's working on his weaknesses and things all QBs work on. I feel all the reports on becoming faster was also to make teams worry more about that while he worked on passing.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaeperxcuses. Just kidding, I agree with this. I would like better reporting of what he is working on, as a fan, but I'm sure he's working on his weaknesses and things all QBs work on. I feel all the reports on becoming faster was also to make teams worry more about that while he worked on passing.

Oops, I meant Kaepologies. Still just kidding.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an easy thread to recap --- Kaep is the reason we lost the super bowl and the NFC Title game, he's also responsible for the disappearance of Malaysian Airlines Flight 370, no he's not, there are other reasons, no he's not, he's played well despite his flaws and there's no back up plan that's better, you're all wrong and Kaep apologists and maybe you guys are the reason for the disappearance of Flight 370, no you're a fucking overemotional moron who is blinded by Kaep hatred.

Wash, rinse, repeat. Just think about the ESPN Alex threads and you get the idea.

I appreciate the recap but I was purposely not reading it BECAUSE it is the same Alex Smith/ESPN bullshit starting all over again...just slightly different characters/cirmcumstances. I would rather focus on people who don't just bitch about the problem, but also bring a solution to the table. Clyde brought up the idea of the draft as a plan B and it intrigued me but I wanted to see who he may have had in mind.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I appreciate the recap but I was purposely not reading it BECAUSE it is the same Alex Smith/ESPN bullshit starting all over again...just slightly different characters/cirmcumstances. I would rather focus on people who don't just bitch about the problem, but also bring a solution to the table. Clyde brought up the idea of the draft as a plan B and it intrigued me but I wanted to see who he may have had in mind.

I've got a plan B! Trade for the #1 pick and go with a stopgap QB until the chance presents itself to draft a guy they like. I suggested signing Marc Sanchez, but he's already an Eagle.

It's better than committing to 17 / 18 million a year on a guy who would be mediocre on most NFL teams.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a plan B! Trade for the #1 pick and go with a stopgap QB until the chance presents itself to draft a guy they like. I suggested signing Marc Sanchez, but he's already an Eagle.

It's better than committing to 17 / 18 million a year on a guy who would be mediocre on most NFL teams.

The difference is that your plan B is a joke. Maybe not intentionally but the thought of Sanchez being even remotely the player that Kap is without considering it to be a serious downgrade is one that I won't take seriously. Sanchez is not mobile, is TO prone, makes consistently horrible decisions, and in no way is Kap's equal in any category deemed positive.

Those AFC Championship games that you like to tout had more to do with Thomas Jones and a stout defense then Sanchez "running" their offense. He was not given the keys to the car, he was simply told not to fuck up.

Kap has at times carried this offense on his back. Exhibit A is the Super Bowl. Yes, he has also been awful at stretches but there is exactly ZERO scenarios in which I would ever catch myself saying "fuck, I wish we had Sanchez in there instead of Kap."

No. Your Plan B is Charles Barkley TURRIBLE!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Your Plan B is Charles Barkley TURRIBLE!

My plan B includes getting the #1 overall pick from the Texans and saving like 100 million dollars. Better to try to dominate the world with the Niners' defense + Jadaveon Clowney (which would be downright nasty) than commit the next 5 to 7 years to a guy whose surrounding talent will decline as he takes up more of the salary cap.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sick, even thinking about your "Plan B" makes me want to vomit. Mark Sanchez?! Of all the crappy QBs out there, Mark Sanchez?! :puke:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Sick, even thinking about your "Plan B" makes me want to vomit. Mark Sanchez?! Of all the crappy QBs out there, Mark Sanchez?! :puke:

Harbaugh could get him to ball. People said the exact same thing about Alex Smith pre-Harbaugh.