• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure they are, but they'd laugh at you if you offered Kaep for it. They could just wait a year if they're willing to outbid the market for him and not give up the number one pick for a rental and a tiny bit of leverage.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Sanchez is horrible. Shit Matt Schaub who went the Raiders is way better than Sanchez.

dredinis21

Swollen Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing ironic about this.

Please stop with the "carried his team on his back". It is vomit inducing. Getting Tebow flash backs and its an absolute joke considering the amount of talent on the team.

Not a Sanchez apologist but the Jets offense has been atrocious the last few years. Would Kaep have fared better on the Jets? Why do I even ask? Of course, He would carry the team on his back with one hand tied to his foot.

You aren't following along very well. First, I was comparing the Jets teams that had Sanchez in back to back AFC Championship games, not the current shit show that is Jets football.

Second, I also stated AT TIMES and that is indisputable given the fact that the read option has been a major factor in last year's run as well as the late run this year. Maybe the GB game in the playoffs last year...or hell, the GB game to start the season this year as examples of Kap "carrying his team on his back AT TIMES". Neither of these games statistically has Sanchez even gotten within sniffing distance of.

So this dream scenario of Sanchez, the Clowney pick, and 100 mil shows a severe downgrade at QB, with some assumed improvement on defense, and the mythical 100 mil being 100 mil needed to be spent regardless vs. having a QB starting to enter the prime of his career with less then 2 years of starting experience under his belt. Believe it or not, I'm not a Kap apologist, but if my options are as stated by Sick, then ultimately it turns me into one by default due to Sanchez being so TURRIBLE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sanchez earned those AFC championship runs every bit as much as Kaep earned his runs.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAp57G1hLn0]Sanchez butt fumble with enhanced audio - YouTube[/ame]

Move along now. Nothing to see here.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a less stupid play than delay of game on 3rd & 1 in the 4th quarter of the NFC Title game w/ 3 time outs.

Not even close. Teams get delay of games all the time. Yeah it sucks it happened in the NFCCG but i dont put all the blame on Kap for the delay. We have sucked for years at getting our plays called in and Jim could have laso called a TO. Sanchez running right in the back of his O-lineman is fucking hilarious.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a less stupid play than delay of game on 3rd & 1 in the 4th quarter of the NFC Title game w/ 3 time outs.

Not even close. Sanchez's butt fumble led to a fumble return for TD.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that play proves is that Vince Wilfork is a tank.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Explain to me how Kap's potential contract would "allow us to to acquire way less talent at other positions." Especially considering the going rate of QBs and anticipated annual increases in the salary cap.

Sure. 18>3 million (or whatever Sanchez signed for)

Also, the salary cap is a cap and other teams can sign players to contracts and extensions and stuff. To act as if "salary cap raised= sign ALL OF THE PLAYERS" defies logic, IMO. Less money=less money to sign other players, I don't see any way around that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Not even close. Sanchez's butt fumble led to a fumble return for TD.

In a throw-away season when the team was already getting dominated. Those plays don't matter. Repeating a stupid play in a close NFC title game when you've been doing the same thing all season is 10 times dumber.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Great. Now we have Mark Sanchez supporters. I thought I've seen it all.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Great. Now we have Mark Sanchez supporters. I thought I've seen it all.

We have a Sanchez + Jadaveon Clowney + 100 million dollars supporter.

And a Harbaugh supporter because he gets the most out of QBs.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
:what:

The Jets had a lot of talent??? :wtf: On offense?

The New York Jets? Are you referring to Santonio Holmes, who was always injured?

You're also confusing two different arguments. That comment was to dispute the "carried" claim and had nothing to do with Sanchez.

They had arguably the best OL in the game for several years, and a great running game. Their receiving options, admittedly, were not good. But then, Sanchez never had a rating of 80, or a completion percentage of 57.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
But then, Sanchez never had a rating of 80, or a completion percentage of 57.

Except in the postseason, where his numbers were great. He's like the anti Matt Ryan, who's had an ok OL / running game but amazing receivers and sucks out loud in the postseason.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had an above average line and running game at best. They were never special.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It is aggravating to see claims that the supporting cast is carrying Kaepernick, and that any ol' stop-gap QB could do just fine with this supporting cast.

Lets look at that for a second,

WR's- Boldin was a rock this season, however he is in the twilight of his career. Crabtree was coming off a devastating injury, and although he played admirable, he was no where near his 2012 form. Aside from those two, the rest of the WR's were garbage. Sure Patton could develop into a solid option down the road, but his 2013 season grades out as incomplete at best.

TE's- Vernon was Vernon most of the time. But he did have some injuries that caused him to miss some time. Coincidently Kaepernick's game suffered when VD was absent. The other TE's were nothing to write home about, and neither one of the other TE's came close to filling Delanie Walker's shoes, which is really saying something as to how bad they really were.

RB's- Lets be honest, the running game was solid at the beginning of the season, but it really hit the wall the last quarter of the season and into the playoffs. After Miller went out with injury, Gore looked average at best. Gore is long in the tooth and the whole running game has become very flat.

OL- Ths is a big one. This is where I think people aren't paying enough attention when making claims about how awesome Kaepernick's supporting cast is. The O-line which graded out at the #1 spot in 2012, fell 10 spots in one season grading out at #11 in 2013. Injuries coupled with the interior lineman taking a big step backward in performance this season, has turned a major strength into slightly above average in just one season.

Defense- The defense is still solid, and should still be considered in the top five of the league. But again, this isn't the dominate defense from 2011.

The supporting cast is good, but it is far from being elite or anywhere near what it was in 2011-2012. And even then, if this supporting cast is/was so good, the defense should have played far better than they did in the SB against the Ravens, and the running game and o-line should have shown up against the Seahawks in the NFCC...

And yet some think that the likes of Mark Sanchez could do more with this supporting cast? Wake up, 2011 and 2012 are long gone...

Last edited by a moderator:

jarrod49

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank god sickness isn't running this team!!!!

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Except in the postseason, where his numbers were great. He's like the anti Matt Ryan, who's had an ok OL / running game but amazing receivers and sucks out loud in the postseason.

I meant for a season, not in a given game. Though Sanchez wasn't exactly great in all his playoff games. He "won" in the divisional round in 2009, throwing for 100 yards, a TD, and an INT on 52% completions. And in 2010 he "won" in the wild card round going for 189 yards, no TDs, and an INT on 58% passing. I wouldn't call those great numbers.

More to the point in the context of this conversation, it's more than a little ironic that you would cite a guy who struggled in the regular season but excelled in the postseason while at the same time condemning Kap, who has been at least as good as Sanchez in the playoffs.