• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Colin Kaepernick to the Texans

AngryNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that your plan B is a joke. Maybe not intentionally but the thought of Sanchez being even remotely the player that Kap is without considering it to be a serious downgrade is one that I won't take seriously. Sanchez is not mobile, is TO prone, makes consistently horrible decisions, and in no way is Kap's equal in any category deemed positive.

Those AFC Championship games that you like to tout had more to do with Thomas Jones and a stout defense then Sanchez "running" their offense. He was not given the keys to the car, he was simply told not to fuck up.

Kap has at times carried this offense on his back. Exhibit A is the Super Bowl. Yes, he has also been awful at stretches but there is exactly ZERO scenarios in which I would ever catch myself saying "fuck, I wish we had Sanchez in there instead of Kap."

No. Your Plan B is Charles Barkley TURRIBLE!
Nothing ironic about this.

Please stop with the "carried his team on his back". It is vomit inducing. Getting Tebow flash backs and its an absolute joke considering the amount of talent on the team.

Not a Sanchez apologist but the Jets offense has been atrocious the last few years. Would Kaep have fared better on the Jets? Why do I even ask? Of course, He would carry the team on his back with one hand tied to his foot.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The difference is that your plan B is a joke. Maybe not intentionally but the thought of Sanchez being even remotely the player that Kap is without considering it to be a serious downgrade is one that I won't take seriously. Sanchez is not mobile, is TO prone, makes consistently horrible decisions, and in no way is Kap's equal in any category deemed positive.

Those AFC Championship games that you like to tout had more to do with Thomas Jones and a stout defense then Sanchez "running" their offense. He was not given the keys to the car, he was simply told not to fuck up.

Kap has at times carried this offense on his back. Exhibit A is the Super Bowl. Yes, he has also been awful at stretches but there is exactly ZERO scenarios in which I would ever catch myself saying "fuck, I wish we had Sanchez in there instead of Kap."

No. Your Plan B is Charles Barkley TURRIBLE!

Kap has basically carried the offense at times, but the SB isn't a very good example. Gore had 110 yards and a TD with a 5.8 YPC average in that game.

RhojiF

Rhoji
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
According to NFL.com our offense was better at converting 3rd downs and 4th downs in 2013 than 2011. We were 29% on 3rd down conversions in 2011; 36% in 2013. Also, our offense had more first downs and more touchdowns in 2013 than 2011. 32 offensive touchdowns in 2011; 39 in 2013.

We did have more time of possession in 2011 than 2013 (32:07 on average in 2011 compared to 30:34 in 2013). However, how much of that difference is because of our defense and how much is because of our offense? The numbers seem to show that our offense was better in 2013 than 2011.

Does this change your opinion that we sustained drives better in 2011?

Yup.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I've got a plan B! Trade for the #1 pick and go with a stopgap QB until the chance presents itself to draft a guy they like. I suggested signing Marc Sanchez, but he's already an Eagle.

It's better than committing to 17 / 18 million a year on a guy who would be mediocre on most NFL teams.

"mediocre"?

Kaep is a little short on passing skills so far............consistent passing skills and RZ skills. he is short ONLY after considering an $18M a year, multi year contract. he isn't short if he was paid a little lower, or to a 'shorter' term.

I'm hoping we can get a 'bridge' contract instead, extending him two years? he likely won't go for it so I'd even take one additional year, thru the 2015 season.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Kap sure "carried" the offense with the best OL in football, 2 1000-yard receivers, one of the best TEs in football and great running backs both seasons (minus Boldin in 2012). Those scrubs sure needed to be carried.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Kap sure "carried" the offense with the best OL in football, 2 1000-yard receivers, one of the best TEs in football and great running backs both seasons (minus Boldin in 2012). Those scrubs sure needed to be carried.

Your argument is worthless since you can say the same thing about Mark Sanchez. Those Jets teams had a lot of talent also.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Your argument is worthless since you can say the same thing about Mark Sanchez. Those Jets teams had a lot of talent also.

:what:

The Jets had a lot of talent??? :wtf: On offense?

The New York Jets? Are you referring to Santonio Holmes, who was always injured?

You're also confusing two different arguments. That comment was to dispute the "carried" claim and had nothing to do with Sanchez.

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Your argument is worthless since you can say similar things about Mark Sanchez. Those Jets teams had a lot of talent also.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick coming from a pro-style offense and he wasn't able to do much in the NFL. But continue bitching about a 2nd round pick who has done a decent job so far as a starter for 1.5 years.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument is worthless since you can say similar things about Mark Sanchez. Those Jets teams had a lot of talent also.

Even if that were true, wouldn't that make his argument worthwhile? Both would be caretakers accomplishing the same thing, except one would be way more expensive and his presence would allow us to acquire way less talent at other positions.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick coming from a pro-style offense and he wasn't able to do much in the NFL. But continue bitching about a 2nd round pick who has done a decent job so far as a starter for 1.5 years.

That top 5 pick isn't about to sign for a 100+ million dollar contract & be the face of the franchise for the next 7 years.

Sanchez + the #1 pick overall + 100 Million dollars > The guy who can't get lined up on time

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Even if that were true, wouldn't that make his argument worthwhile? Both would be caretakers accomplishing the same thing, except one would be way more expensive and his presence would allow us to acquire way less talent at other positions.

Explain to me how Kap's potential contract would "allow us to to acquire way less talent at other positions." Especially considering the going rate of QBs and anticipated annual increases in the salary cap.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That top 5 pick isn't about to sign for a 100+ million dollar contract & be the face of the franchise for the next 7 years.

Sanchez + the #1 pick overall + 100 Million dollars > The guy who can't get lined up on time

You are over valuing Sanchez's talent. I rather have Alex Smith back.

And can you please stop talking like that scenario is even a possibility? It's not happening.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
And can you please stop talking like that scenario is even a possibility? It's not happening.

So this forum is for... what? Reporting things that have already happened for actual NFL insiders like Adam Schefter to anonymously report things that are going to happen?

You can get that at (minus the anonymous part) here: NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League

Who thinks it's going to happen? You're not exactly breaking any news that Marc Sanchez will not be a 49er this year: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...k-sanchez-philadelphia-eagles-strike-contract

Last edited by a moderator:

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

You are certain of this? It's not a combined problem involving Harbaugh, Roman, and Kap?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So this forum is for... what? Reporting things that have already happened for actual NFL insiders like Adam Schefter to anonymously report things that are going to happen?

You can get that at (minus the anonymous part) here: NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League

I know what a message board is for. Sanchez is on the Eagles now and the Texans are not trading for Kap. A semi-realistic discussion would be more appreciated and more productive.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
You are certain of this? It's not a combined problem involving Harbaugh, Roman, and Kap?

It's the quarterback's job to get the snap in on time. If he doesn't have time to do all the pre-snap stuff at least get the ball hiked before you get a penalty. ESPECIALLY if you have 3 time outs.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I know what a message board is for. Sanchez is on the Eagles now and the Texans are not trading for Kap. A semi-realistic discussion would be more appreciated and more productive.

You're keeping this unrealistic thread going. I bumped it when I saw a news story that Houston was open to shopping the #1 pick.