• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 Programs of the BCS Era

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like you put a ton of stake into national titles and less into BCS appearances and BCS wins overall.

As it should be The other bcs bowls are picks by who they want not who is ranked higher plus the autobid crap

this year it was

12 vs 7
11 vs 3
15 vs 6
4 vs 5

funny part is 3/6/7 all lost :suds:

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU was ranked on this lists BEFORE THE NCG was even played.........

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Colt doesnt bust his arm, Texas jumps all the way to #1 on this list.

7is2DAj.gif

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you were using 1993-2013, that's 21 years.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beauty contest stuff like this is precisely why the BCS is going bye bye. As a Boise St. fan, I'd humbly point out that BSU had 4 undefeated reg. seasons, was undefeated in it's BCS appearances, beat Oregon (twice), VT, and Georgia who are all ranked above them, for whatever reason, and finally, spent 10 straight years in the top 20. But because of the whole political aspect of these ratings and conference bias, they never got a chance to "prove it." I can live with that, but it makes any attempt to rate teams over the years a matter of opinion rather more than fact.

But that's the point, good discussion over a beer, I suppose.:suds:

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's good to see Smiles is still alive after the last couple years and Peterson leaving.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got no real complaints.

Do believe we are no 1 in one category: Best championship game, Texas vs. USC.

I know I'm biased, but that was one hell of a good game, on both sides.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, HookEm, this is old hat for Boise fans. We see it all the time, some school with lots of money comes calling with suitcases full of cash looking for the next Messiah. Boise loses coaches all the time, this is the 4th since 2000. None of them ever repeated their success in Boise. We get it, football is all about money, and we can't match the loot that you good folks can throw at coaches and recruits. What's kind of ironic is how Texas has all that money, and still manages to lose. You should be demanding refunds. I am looking forward to Yates coming back to Boise from AtM. Harsin got good experience in Austin, it's fun to have a kid that I coached against when he was in middle school back to his alma mater.

Meanwhile, Boise reloads and starts winning all over again. I'll make you a wager, Bryan Harsin wins more games in Boise than Petersen wins in Seattle. You on?

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Harsin will do well. I'm kind of hoping Boise and BYU would join the big12.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, that would be why I couldn't rectify what you said and assumed you were inventing some strange stat. Your fault all the way around and then you had to be a jerk.

BTW, you linked to a stat that didn't back you up and said that's what you used. If you'd be clearer, it would save you from being a jerk in the future

I'm sorry I was such a jerk:lol:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beauty contest stuff like this is precisely why the BCS is going bye bye. As a Boise St. fan, I'd humbly point out that BSU had 4 undefeated reg. seasons, was undefeated in it's BCS appearances, beat Oregon (twice), VT, and Georgia who are all ranked above them, for whatever reason, and finally, spent 10 straight years in the top 20. But because of the whole political aspect of these ratings and conference bias, they never got a chance to "prove it." I can live with that, but it makes any attempt to rate teams over the years a matter of opinion rather more than fact.

But that's the point, good discussion over a beer, I suppose.:suds:

If you look deeper it isnt going away. It it the exact same thing with a new name and logo, adding the Peach and Cotton, and a plus one game.

boxedlunch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry I was such a jerk:lol:
I have no problem with you being a jerk, I'm pointing out you were and it's because you're inept at quoting facts and blamed me for misunderstanding because your mistake.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with you being a jerk, I'm pointing out you were and it's because you're inept at quoting facts and blamed me for misunderstanding because your mistake.

:L:lol:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meanwhile, Boise reloads and starts winning all over again. I'll make you a wager, Bryan Harsin wins more games in Boise than Petersen wins in Seattle. You on?

I take it this means you agree with everything we have been telling you for years now right? I mean you denied it would be tougher to run the table in the Pac if Boise were to join it and now you are crowing about your team, that still plays a shit schedule, might do better in the MWC than your former genius HC can do with a stocked team in the Pac.

Thank you for finally admitting we have been right all these years.

:suds:

SwampHumpy

Touching my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Alabama
2. Florida State
3. LSU
4. Florida
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Texas
8. USC
9. Auburn
10. Miami
11. Tennessee
12. Georgia
13. Virginia Tech
14. Oregon
15. Wisconsin
16. Michigan
17. Nebraska
18. Boise State
19. TCU
20. Stanford
21. West Virginia
22. Clemson
23. Notre Dame
24. Kansas State
25. Penn State

Since 11 teams won a BCS title during the Era, those 11 teams are automatically ranked 1-11 IMO. After that I took different things into account.

:wtf:

Fail. FSU 3 - 5 in BCS Bowls; UF 5 - 2 in BCS Bowls

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it this means you agree with everything we have been telling you for years now right? I mean you denied it would be tougher to run the table in the Pac if Boise were to join it and now you are crowing about your team, that still plays a shit schedule, might do better in the MWC than your former genius HC can do with a stocked team in the Pac.

Thank you for finally admitting we have been right all these years.

:suds:

Wrong.

Boise is a division one team, and has proven over the years, that they can compete with anyone. But I'll give you this, a big budget, name conference, and high profile recruits combined with good coaching is an awfully tough advantage to beat.

One of the perpetual problems with the lower budget teams is that as soon as they win, some perennial also ran, like Washington, comes along with a boatload of cash and hires that coach. You folks are praying, that he will be the reincarnation of Don James, no doubt. And who knows, maybe he will. But the odds are against you.

My point is that, given its budget, given its recruits, given the fact that it is constantly having to replace coaches (both head and assistants), they have nothing to be ashamed of. You guys put us in our place this year, so I won't argue with you. But Boise will be back, 5 losses is the worst season we've had this century and you Huskies would give your right gonad to have that kind of a season.

So have a wonderful day, Wiz. I wish Coach Pete and your team the best, he's top notch. Hell, my niece was an ASB officer at UW in the 80's, and my cousin was your soccer coach. But don't try to spin what I said into what I didn't. Nice try, though.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong.

Boise is a division one team, and has proven over the years, that they can compete with anyone. But I'll give you this, a big budget, name conference, and high profile recruits combined with good coaching is an awfully tough advantage to beat.

One of the perpetual problems with the lower budget teams is that as soon as they win, some perennial also ran, like Washington, comes along with a boatload of cash and hires that coach. You folks are praying, that he will be the reincarnation of Don James, no doubt. And who knows, maybe he will. But the odds are against you.

My point is that, given its budget, given its recruits, given the fact that it is constantly having to replace coaches (both head and assistants), they have nothing to be ashamed of. You guys put us in our place this year, so I won't argue with you. But Boise will be back, 5 losses is the worst season we've had this century and you Huskies would give your right gonad to have that kind of a season.

So have a wonderful day, Wiz. I wish Coach Pete and your team the best, he's top notch. Hell, my niece was an ASB officer at UW in the 80's, and my cousin was your soccer coach. But don't try to spin what I said into what I didn't. Nice try, though.

We will once again do as we have done for how many years now Smiles? Compare actual schedules instead of platitudes. Your schedule is not out yet so that will have to wait for another day, but we can all safely assume your schedule will not include foes that add up to Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, Arizona State, and Arizona in complexity. You do have Old Miss and BYU in your OOC which of course is far better than ours and you will undoubtedly point that out ad nauseum, but the totality of all games played will not come close to ours and deep down you know it. Therefor winning 10 games in the MWC isn't any more impressive than winning 8 games in the Pac, SEC, B1G, or Big XII, or even 9 games in the ACC. We have been down this road too many times, but your confidence in BSU having a better record despite us having your best coach says at some level you agree and that's how I see it.

How many years was Petersen with Boise? It's not like you've had some revolving door that forces you to reload every other year. UW did lure him away, but I read fairly extensively and it seems the handwriting was clearly on the wall long before our offer came in. He said as long ago as last spring that he was up for a change. If it hadn't been UW it likely would have come anyway as he was ready to move on to a new challenge. He left your school with as much class as I've seen any coach in his position and has never said an unkind word about your school, city, state, or anything else related to his experience there. When pressed about his advantages here he has been super careful to change back to how wonderful Boise was instead of talking about how much more he has now. You can mischaracterize this as us buying him away from you, but that is an insult to him and how he conducted himself in his departure.

Good luck to you and your new head coach. I hope your renovations help usher in the next era of football in Boise.

LawDawg

Sic 'em Dawgs ... woof!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would take that bet? Peterson has gone to the big leagues where he will certainly have to rebuild and play a real schedule. Harsin will have the same cupcake schedule BSU always has that guarantees 10 wins most seasons. But, Peterson will have the chance to play for a title, Harsin not so much.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
smiles still hasn't found reality.